I bought the quicklaunch app last week & it doesnt work when i try to start the app i get virtual keyboard not found error.
    Ive contacted the site & they said id installed the storm version but on my reciept it says 83xx. Ive uninstalled it 3 times now & still get the error.
    Does anyone know what i can do, thank you
    03-26-10 01:26 PM
    despite what your receipt says you have installed the storm version. that's why it says virtual keyboard. go to your account and do a swap to get the 83xx version.
    if the swap link is not there contact mobihand support and they will switch it for you.
    03-26-10 03:22 PM
    Thank you for gettingback to me.
    Ive requested a swap, thank you
    Last edited by yvette368; 03-27-10 at 02:10 AM.
    03-27-10 02:03 AM
    Got it working finally lol
    Last edited by yvette368; 03-27-10 at 03:11 AM.
    03-27-10 02:54 AM
    Good deal. QL has excellent customer care and cheetah will always get you straight.
    03-27-10 03:25 AM
    I am using QL 2.20.2 on my Tour, and I'm running the latest .591 OS. My QL install locks up when I utilize the GPS CONFIG shortcut. No matter my link setting (2,7) the link takes me to the first page of OPTIONS and stops. When I ESC back to the home screen, QL does not work. There are no errors -- it just stops working. This happens with stock and D/L themes, and also with the earlier 5.0.0.230 and .419 leaked OS. Resetting my Tour restores QL, but I'd like to be able to use the GPS link.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-27-10 at 07:26 PM.
    03-27-10 07:20 PM
    Check the FAQ on nikkisoft.com
    03-28-10 01:27 PM
    Feature Request for QL.

Do not know if its possible, but Vlingo Safereader Toggle shortcut will be great.

Just a wish.
    03-28-10 04:05 PM
    Check the FAQ on nikkisoft.com
    I did that yesterday. Reset all permissions to DENY, saved, set permissions to ALLOW, then battery pull reboot. No change. I downgraded (for other reasons as well) my OS to .419 and TA hybrid v.9.7.1. After reinstalling QL, the program worked until I tried to use the GPS. Same as before. Then I went through the instruction in the FAQ again. Still no change after two battery pulls.
    03-28-10 05:55 PM
    Hey Cheetah, I've had Quicklaunch downloaded on my phone for awhile. (It's definitely my most used app.) Just recently I downloaded Hedone Design's Metallic theme. It has a hidden dock that comes up when the space bar is pressed. Regardless of what I have set as the hotkey within the Quicklaunch app, the space bar still pulls it up. It used to be just when I would change themes or restart my phone but I tried reseting the Application Permissions and now it just doesn't change. The space bar just always opens it.

I contacted Nikkisoft support about the issue when I first downloaded the theme and noticed the problem and the response I received was, "This is a known issue. We'll have an update out in two weeks."

That was over a month ago so I was just wondering if there was any fix or updated version available yet?

Thanks,
    Amy

P.S. I tried to PM you but I get an error that your inbox has exceeded the allowed amount of messages.
    03-30-10 02:28 AM
    Don't quite remember that.
    Anyway 8530 update will be out today or tomorrow.
    I don't see how that would be a quicklaunch issue though as seems theme specific and i haven't gotten any email about QL and spacebar probs.
    idk. try the update when it comes out.
    03-30-10 11:54 AM
    I thought it was theme specific as well, but it happens regardless of the theme I'm using and whether its custom or stock. (for example I currently have the hot key option set to 'none' since Quicklaunch is one of my convenience keys. Spacebar still opens it though and I'm not using the Metallic theme.) It's weird.

I'll definitely try the update. Thanks for the response!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 12:39 PM
    a.leah86, wana quick beta test the 8500 version for me? if so email me at nikkisoft dot support G mail.
    03-30-10 01:58 PM
    I have two Tours, both on Sprint and both running virtually identical programs - only the calendar/contact info is different.

Both are running the stock .484 OS.

Both have QL. On my wife's Tour, the "clock" application doesn't appear in the application list - most everything else (as far as I can tell) shows up but no clock.

The clock is on both devices and works flawlessly.

Any ideas? She'd rather have it there and assign the left convenience key to something else other than the clock.
    03-30-10 02:28 PM
    Can we change were QL saves screenshots? i would like a serperate folder for my ql screenshots.. possible?
    03-31-10 12:47 PM
    I have two Tours, both on Sprint and both running virtually identical programs - only the calendar/contact info is different.

Both are running the stock .484 OS.

Both have QL. On my wife's Tour, the "clock" application doesn't appear in the application list - most everything else (as far as I can tell) shows up but no clock.

The clock is on both devices and works flawlessly.

Any ideas? She'd rather have it there and assign the left convenience key to something else other than the clock.
    it has been mentioned that with 5.0 the clock wont work in the QL menu .. BB changed some codings ... maybe in a future version but doesn't work currently
    03-31-10 12:48 PM
    it has been mentioned that with 5.0 the clock wont work in the QL menu .. BB changed some codings ... maybe in a future version but doesn't work currently
    Oddly enough it works on one device but not the other. Both have the same OS. The only difference is - now that I think about it - was that I had to recreate the menu items on the "clock-less" phone as I didn't back it up prior to updating the OS and the previous settings were lost.
    03-31-10 12:53 PM
    hmm being that it works when u put the setting that u had from version 4.7 and the clock shows up makes it sound weird that developer cant get it to work ... hopefully we will be able to get it back

i dont see clock on my tour with 5.0

does your GPS toggle work? mine doesnt ... GPS config does but not toggle
    03-31-10 12:58 PM
    hmm being that it works when u put the setting that u had from version 4.7 and the clock shows up makes it sound weird that developer cant get it to work ... hopefully we will be able to get it back

i dont see clock on my tour with 5.0

does your GPS toggle work? mine doesnt ... GPS config does but not toggle
    Hmmmm - brings up a good point. I'll swap memory card and see if I can get the clock back by restoring those settings on the "no clock" device. I'll try the GPS toggle tonight.
    03-31-10 03:07 PM
    huh? i didn't know this. are you sure? how did you get the clock to work in 5.0? please explain.

gps toggle works on every phone. if it doesn't work for you then you didn't set it up properly. tell me your settings.
    03-31-10 05:10 PM
    huh? i didn't know this. are you sure? how did you get the clock to work in 5.0? please explain.

gps toggle works on every phone. if it doesn't work for you then you didn't set it up properly. tell me your settings.
    I just want to know how to get rid of the enterprise activation so it will work. Every other time I pull my battery it is there. Please.

03-31-10 05:26 PM

I brought up the gps toggle with u before telling u that I am using official sprint 5.0... When I select gps toggle it goes through all the correct motions and also exits all the way back out to homescreen but never actually turns it on. It highlights the gps on/off ox but it never drops down n selects on. The box is just selected then the exit starts. You stated different carriers OS sometimes give different end results, n was going to look into. We discussed this on QL tour section of forum.

03-31-10 05:40 PM
    oh that. yes on that os it wont work because of the extra dialog.
    i don't know how to get rid of the enterprise thing. saw a thread somewhere where someone mentioned it had something to do with service books.
    03-31-10 06:11 PM
    so what's up with the clock? someone said they had it working in 5.0? details pls.
    thanks
    03-31-10 06:14 PM
    oh that. yes on that os it wont work because of the extra dialog.
    i don't know how to get rid of the enterprise thing. saw a thread somewhere where someone mentioned it had something to do with service books.
    Yep, I found it, you have to delete your email service books and resend them. Worked for me.

03-31-10 06:49 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD