so what's up with the clock? someone said they had it working in 5.0? details pls.
    thanks
    On the Tour that I had the menu configured and saved, I am able to see, and use, the clock. The other Tour where I didn't backup the QL settings can't see the clock.

My wife isn't home yet, so I can't restore my settings from my memory card to her phone to see if the clock comes back.

Both now running .484 with Architect's 9.71 hybrid.
    Last edited by cb1111; 03-31-10 at 09:09 PM.
    03-31-10 09:06 PM
    and you have os 5.0? which os exactly pls. thanks.
    04-01-10 12:02 AM
    and you have os 5.0? which os exactly pls. thanks.
    I'm running the official Sprint 5.0.0.484 upgrade (downloaded directly from RIM if that matters) on a Sprint Tour (September build) to which I added T_heArchitect's 9.71 hybrid from BBhybrids. I set up (and saved the configuration) for QL when I was running the most recent 4.7 from Sprint.

The other phone is an October build but I didn't back up the QL configuration before I upgraded to the same OS and Hybrid. This phone doesn't see the clock in QL.

Moving the memory card and restoring configuration doesn't help.

I'm scratching my head as well.
    04-01-10 07:06 AM
    Yep, I found it, you have to delete your email service books and resend them. Worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    so can u explain ... go into my service books on phone and delete them all for all my emails? .. then go into email setup and resend all my service books? that will allow me to use gps toggle ...

that will get rid of enterprise activation showing up in options?

even when enterprise activation option is not present .. GPS is highlighted
    then GPS services is highlighted.. i see location OFF highlighted .. but the drop down never opens and changes to on ... once i see location off highlighted after a sec .. its starts its exiting process
    04-01-10 07:08 AM
    I'm running the official Sprint 5.0.0.484 upgrade (downloaded directly from RIM if that matters) on a Sprint Tour (September build) to which I added T_heArchitect's 9.71 hybrid from BBhybrids. I set up (and saved the configuration) for QL when I was running the most recent 4.7 from Sprint.

The other phone is an October build but I didn't back up the QL configuration before I upgraded to the same OS and Hybrid. This phone doesn't see the clock in QL.

Moving the memory card and restoring configuration doesn't help.

I'm scratching my head as well.
    Ok. i'm confused.
    So you're saying the clock works on the latest QuickLaunch on .484?
    04-01-10 11:35 AM
    from what was stated .. i gather .. he has .484 running on both devices with the same hybrid .. he restored his QL backup that he had from his 4.7OS on the device that he made backup from (device A) and the clock works in QL, on the other device (device B) he tried to restore the same backup made from Device A and that test did not work ... the only difference between the two is that he downloaded the one official OS in september and the other in october

Why he wasnt able to get the backup to have the same outcome on both devices is what is confusing ... if it did work .. we can just pull that path from the text file and everyone can manually add it in their backup file for it to work, that would of been too easy
    04-01-10 12:30 PM
    hmm... ok. ppl who claim to have clock working on os 5.0 email me please at nikkisoft dot support G mail.
    04-01-10 12:58 PM
    Ok. i'm confused.
    So you're saying the clock works on the latest QuickLaunch on .484?
    Yes. The clock option apears on the menu (and selecting it brings up the clock) on the one phone where I had backed up my QL settings prior to upgrade.

The clock does not appear as an option on the "applications" selector on either device.

I'm using the same Foppa_5 (no icon) theme on both and both display Weatherberry on the main screen.

The ONLY difference between the two devices (other than different contacts and calendar entries) is the build date and the fact that I failed to back up the QL settings on my wife's Tour before I upgraded.

Both devices were upgraded using the .484 using the "launch" button in "Shrink-a-OS" after backing up in DM and BBSAK -on the same PC one right after the other. I backed up both Tours, then fired up ShrinkOS, got rid of a few things and upgraded my machine. When that was done I attached my wife's machine and upgraded hers.

A few days later I was setting up her QL and noticed the missing clock. I checked mine and had it.

Luckily it is only the clock - and that can be started (by default) using the left convenience key in any case.
    04-01-10 01:26 PM
    the clock menu item was removed from QL for 5.0 devices a long time ago so that's why it doesn't show.

so is 484 a hybrid or an official?
    04-01-10 01:29 PM
    the clock menu item was removed from QL for 5.0 devices a long time ago so that's why it doesn't show.

so is 484 a hybrid or an official?
    .484 is the sprint official but he has a hybrid loaded ontop of it which changes some CODs
    04-01-10 01:48 PM
    i see. anyone here with 484 official w/o hybridization?
    04-01-10 02:44 PM
    my friend has tour with no hybrid installed . u want me to have him try something?
    04-01-10 03:10 PM
    I bought the quicklaunch app last week & it doesnt work when i try to start the app i get virtual keyboard not found error.
    Ive contacted the site & they said id installed the storm version but on my reciept it says 83xx. Ive uninstalled it 3 times now & still get the error.
    Does anyone know what i can do, thank you
    QuickLaunch for $4.99. Is that a yearly fee, or one time only ?
    04-01-10 04:10 PM
    my friend has tour with no hybrid installed . u want me to have him try something?
    yes. do you have a ql backup file with the clock entry in it? if so copy that line of the txt file and tell him to put it in his backup file and do a restore and try the clock. if you dont have that file let me know and i'll give you one to try.
    04-01-10 04:13 PM
    i need the file .. sent u email
    04-01-10 04:33 PM
    hmm... ok. ppl who claim to have clock working on os 5.0 email me please at nikkisoft dot support G mail.
    You have mail
    04-01-10 09:27 PM
    I have the leaked version of .591 on my Sprint Tour with Quicklaunch and I have the a setting in the QL options for a clock, 12 or 24 hour setting, when enabled it displays the time at top of QL menu.

Is this what you are all talking about?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-01-10 10:02 PM
    no. different clock.
    04-01-10 10:28 PM
    can i ask if MSN is working on the os5.0 ?
    i recently upgraded my 8900 from os4.6 - os5.0 and upgraded the quicklaunch too and now cant seem to add MSN.
    Has it been changed like the clock so that it cant be open via quicklaunch?
    04-03-10 04:29 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD