I have the Nike sensor that goes in your shoe and connects to the ipod. It syncs to iphones and ipods and does the following:

It tells you your time, distance, pace, and calories burned. It gives you feedback at the halfway point and in the final lead-up to your goal. You can also see the details of your workout on your iPod and it syncs to your computer so you can keep track of your workouts, Nike also has a website that will sync your runs as well.

The Nike + iPod menu and choose how you want to run. You can use custom workout shortcuts to start your favorite workouts quickly. Try the open-ended workout or select one with time, distance, or calorie goals. Then pick your favorite playlist, shuffle songs, or choose Nike-created Sport Music. You can even program a PowerSong to play when you need instant motivation.

Is there any program for the BB tour that will do this using the GPS?
    Last edited by mgood75; 08-12-09 at 09:43 PM.
    08-12-09 09:36 PM
    There's a GPS logger which is supposedly used for bikers.. But I guess running works too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 09:44 PM
    Do you know waht the name of it is?
    08-12-09 09:50 PM
    Asode from the music you would be better off with the sports band that they make.

08-13-09 03:47 AM
    Heres a link to a list of GPS stuff off the App store there are alot of different types and I would read the reviews on whatever I was interested in before I got it if you see one you like
    BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry Store
    08-13-09 04:44 AM
    Check this one out , don't know if it will do everything you need. It's FREE I was going to use for Hiking. I don't know if I would want to put my 9630 through all of the stress of running.
    Nogago – Outdoor navigation for your BlackBerry®
    08-13-09 04:55 AM
    Check this one out , don't know if it will do everything you need. It's FREE I was going to use for Hiking. I don't know if I would want to put my 9630 through all of the stress of running.
    nogago.com
    nogago Outdoor is now one of the best maps application available for
    BlackBerry�. The app also transforms your mobile into a fully-fledged
    outdoor navigation device that can track and measure time, distance
    and speed of your activities; view maps of the area anytime and
    offline; navigate along tracks and planed routes with routing
    optimized for walking and biking.

Update on nogago portal

Within the night of 28th February to 1st of March several major updates have been implemented on nogago.com

The Updates improved and fixed compatibility issues and created new services, such as:

* Full OS support by our Java-Map-Downloader on MAC OS, Windows XP / Vista / 7 and Linux Distributions
    * Creation of tracks as GPX-Files, which contain Track-Segments and Way-Points
    * Actualization of maps and rerendering of frequent requested areas (e.g. Central � UK, South America, Central France, the Way of St James in Spain, �)
    * Possibility to name purchased areas during the purchase process and work with those name when handling the personal maps
    * Active support of the end-user when selecting the location to save puchased maps on Desktop PC and Mobile Device
    * Better error handling when the map download is interrupted or your internet connection is weak
    * Reminder to create new JNLP Files, when downloading a purchased map again or to download new maps
    03-10-11 01:39 AM
    Just gonna cut straight to the chase here. I've got a sensor too but I hated the program on the iphone for it. I couldn't listen to music outside of the app. So I instead just bought the watch which still connects to the nike running site, uses the sensor that isn't cheap, doesn't take up space on your phone, etc.

I feel the watch was a great buy and they are supposed to have an even better one coming out sometime soon. I would look into that. Sorry I didn't answer your question directly but just giving the flip side of the coin.

-Lamarr

03-10-11 02:24 AM
    I cannot answer you question but a side note to GPS programs. These programs that keep the GPS running all the time will drain your battery dead in a little of no time. Especially if you want your music playing at the same time. Like Llcouttien suggested, you might be better off with the watch.
    03-10-11 08:06 AM
    Try Endomondo. It has a free and paid version and oes most of what you are asking for.
    03-10-11 08:17 AM
    I have miCoach from Adidas running on my Torch and I really like it, BlackBerry App World - adidas miCoach. It allows you to listen to music, it gives you feedback at each mile split if you want it to, it will sync with a miCoach website and will even tell you when your trainers need replacing. It uses the phones GPS to track your route which you can then view on the phone or through the website. I would recommend it.
    03-10-11 08:59 AM
    Try Endomondo. It has a free and paid version and oes most of what you are asking for.
    I would also recommend Endomondo
    03-10-11 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD