Ok, I've tried searching on google and came up empty. I'm looking for an app that can change your BB background light into night mode, where the white turns to black with dark fonts. Its a pain reading at night or when I wake up in the middle of the night wanting to check something on my BB.are there at least an app that can dim the background light almost all the way down? Even at 10 its still too bright.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-11 10:22 PM
    Did you enable the automatic dimming in options?

04-30-11 01:03 AM
    Ok, I've tried searching on google and came up empty. I'm looking for an app that can change your BB background light into night mode, where the white turns to black with dark fonts. Its a pain reading at night or when I wake up in the middle of the night wanting to check something on my BB.are there at least an app that can dim the background light almost all the way down? Even at 10 its still too bright.

I know exactly what you mean.. I wish there's an app that dim the screen like in bedside mode because that would be perfect!

04-30-11 01:33 AM
    I'll see what I can do in theme builder for you guys tomorrow.

04-30-11 01:34 AM
    Ok thanks!

Yes the auto dimmer function helps, but its annoying during the day time where it would dim and brighten back and fourth for no apparent reason. Its been a known bug on most BB model so I just keep it off. If we can somehow set the dimmer lower then a 10 like say a 4 and have it dim at that setting at a set time at night that would be a nice app to have.

04-30-11 01:59 AM
    In OS6, you can set the dimmer to 0, and it is still bright at nite.. Not much difference from 0 and 10.

04-30-11 05:34 PM
    You can go into the Accessibility and change your device from "Normal" color contrast to "Reverse". In essence, it will allow you to reverse your text color within the browser or mail to a white text on black background. Downside, it also reverses your home screen, making everything look funky.

It would be nice for a toggle to be available, but I've yet to find one. I have also looked high and low to find a way to reverse JUST email, but BerryPopup is the closest I have come, and if I wait longer than the 45 second display time I have it set for, then it is on to messages to read it.

Anyhow, try the Reverse Contrast, at least just to see if that is what you are looking for. OPTIONS|ACCESSIBILITY then chose Reverse in the Color Contrast drop down.
    04-30-11 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD