The pictures of the premium version from the link look to be like they were taken on an iPhone, but their app store does not have that app. I think they meant to do this as a test run for the playoffs, and then come out with a full version next season that will be similar to the MLB at bat app.
    That very well could be. Oh well, I guess I'm not overly concerned about this season if they can get it right for next year. However, as an AT&T customer, I think it would be pretty lame if they only made something like this available to Verizon.

By the way, that doesn't make sense b/c there is a premium NHL Ice Time app for iPhone, but we all know that there are no iPhones with Verizon. If iPhone has any type of NHL app with videos, etc., that would obviously be through my carrier, AT & T.
    03-31-10 02:19 PM
    After playing around with it for a bit and using it during the current live games, I feel that Scoremobile is still the better product.

Pros:
    - Clean interface
    - Play by play along with "ice tracker" for shot and hit info.

Cons
    - Tries to update everytime when navigating forward or backwards which slows things down
    - Update is slower than Scoremobile
    - Homescreen icon does not update with game info similar to Scoremobile
    - Standings are incorrect in the Conference view. Top 3 team should be the division leader and then the team with most points. They currently have the Sharks as 1st and Coyotes as 2nd in the Western Conference. Coyotes should be 4th.

Also, I don't see any way to upgrade to the premium version in order to view videos and hear live broadcasts. Maybe the premium version is not ready yet?
    I am the person who develop the application. Thank you for your advice.

Cons
    - Tries to update everytime when navigating forward or backwards which slows things down (Will be fixed.)
    - Update is slower than Scoremobile (Will be fixed.)
    - Homescreen icon does not update with game info similar to Scoremobile (Maybe I can add this feature later.)
    - Standings are incorrect in the Conference view. Top 3 team should be the division leader and then the team with most points. They currently have the Sharks as 1st and Coyotes as 2nd in the Western Conference. Coyotes should be 4th. (In the latest version, the bug has been resolved.)
    Last edited by bomblet2; 03-31-10 at 04:59 PM.
    03-31-10 04:51 PM

Cons
    - Tries to update everytime when navigating forward or backwards which slows things down (Will be fixed.)
    - Homescreen icon does not update with game info similar to Scoremobile (Maybe I can add this feature later.)
    - Standings are incorrect in the Conference view. Top 3 team should be the division leader and then the team with most points. They currently have the Sharks as 1st and Coyotes as 2nd in the Western Conference. Coyotes should be 4th. (In the latest version, the bug has been resolved.)
    Do you know anything about a premium version of the app? It does not seem to be available at the moment but there are ads for it. Any more info about future plans for this app?
    03-31-10 08:38 PM
    BlackBerry App World - NHL Ice Time 2010

As a displaced Red Wings fan living in Minnesota, I'm not sure I could pay for this app fast enough.
    I've been waiting for such an app for the same reason! I couldn't even find a decent mobile site to follow the Wings; hopefully this should take care of that!

Thanks for the info.
    03-31-10 09:10 PM
    Do you know anything about a premium version of the app? It does not seem to be available at the moment but there are ads for it. Any more info about future plans for this app?
    The premium version is almost done and in a final test. I think it will be released soon, but I don't clearly know NHL's schedule, I am just the developer.
    03-31-10 09:53 PM
    The premium version is almost done and in a final test. I think it will be released soon, but I don't clearly know NHL's schedule, I am just the developer.
    Ah. Well, I suppose it isn't a huge deal for this year, since we're about a week from the playoffs, but let me just come out and say that if there were a NHL Ice Time premium app for ALL carriers next season, and it offered the type of content that even the $15 MLB app offered, I would gladly play $10 or $15 for it.

One thing that concerns me about all of these sports highlight apps is the video quality of the stream. I've heard mixed reviews on MLB At-Bat. When you look at something like PodTrapper, or the way that an app like Slacker can wirelessly cache information, you'd think that it'd preferrable to do that and get near-HD quality stuff saved temporarily to an SD card, rather than streaming videos so poorly you can't even tell what you're looking at. Just an idea.
    04-01-10 10:05 AM
    I agree. I would purchase this app for $10 for a whole season without a second thought.
    04-01-10 10:36 AM
    Would the premium version have access to the real time scoreboard just like what is available on the NHL.com scoreboard now?
    04-01-10 11:02 AM
    Ah. Well, I suppose it isn't a huge deal for this year, since we're about a week from the playoffs, but let me just come out and say that if there were a NHL Ice Time premium app for ALL carriers next season, and it offered the type of content that even the $15 MLB app offered, I would gladly play $10 or $15 for it.
    You would have my money as well!
    04-01-10 11:04 AM

Cons
    Thanks for the info! Looking forward to the update as well as the premium version.
    04-01-10 11:29 AM
    I too am hoping this is not exclusive to Verizon. I have Sprint and I would happily pay for the premium version like I did with At Bat 2010. Common release it to everyone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 01:56 PM
    Just downloaded and installed on my Storm 2. Pretty nice App, although some video content would be nice.

FYI, for any non-Verizon customers, I also have the Hockey News app, which has a lot of similar content and is free for everyone. Worth checking out for hockey fans if you can't get the NHL Ice Time!
    04-17-10 01:11 PM
    Just downloaded and installed on my Storm 2. Pretty nice App, although some video content would be nice.

FYI, for any non-Verizon customers, I also have the Hockey News app, which has a lot of similar content and is free for everyone. Worth checking out for hockey fans if you can't get the NHL Ice Time!
    I DL'ed this from the link in this thread, deleted it, then saw that it had appeared in App World (I'm on AT&T, not Verizon!) and re-downloaded it. Now that I have the fully "compatible" version, it actually does run and load a little smoother than before. It actually isn't bad (we are talking about the free app, after all). Although all of these league apps should take a page from ScoreMobile on how to update/refresh, I at least appreciate that it has an easy-to-use refresh button on the score screen. I'm a big fan of MLB At-Bat 2010, but one maddening thing about that paid app is that the homescreen scoreboard never updates--neither manually nor automatically. You have to reload the program!

Also like that the font size allows all statistical information to display on the screen without side-scrolling. Especially for Bold users, this is a big deal.

Some people have suggested that this free app might be a prelude to a full, paid app next season offering video content and some more features. Here's hoping that's the case, and that it's available to ALL carriers, not just Verizon.
    04-18-10 09:39 PM
    The Premium is released! Just picked it up for 4.99 from app world. (Weird thing is that it is listed at 2.99 and when i tried to purchase it said the price has gone up to 4.99 in the last 24hrs).

So far the main difference i see is the ability to view lots of video! You can watch a condensed version of the game or just the highlights. You can even go through each play one by one and get a video highlight of it. Very cool. Here is a pic of the video (quality is very good in my opinion):

I'll try out the live game audio during tonight's games.

GO SHARKS!!!
    04-22-10 02:47 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD