I recently saw a commercial where it says that starting this year subscribers with NFL Sunday Sunday Super Fan will now be able to watch the games from their cell phones..
    Does anyone know if we will be able to do this on the Storm or any other BB device or will it only be available for the iPhony?
    08-26-09 12:45 PM
    I recently saw a commercial where it says that starting this year subscribers with NFL Sunday Sunday Super Fan will now be able to watch the games from their cell phones..
    Does anyone know if we will be able to do this on the Storm or any other BB device or will it only be available for the iPhony?
    I've heard of NFL Sunday Ticket. It's from Direct TV. I've never heard of what you describe. My first question is who does NFL Sunday Super Fan come from...and what does it do? To the best of my knowledge the only one who can do NFL games like that is Direct TV.
    08-26-09 01:07 PM
    I've heard of NFL Sunday Ticket. It's from Direct TV. I've never heard of what you describe. My first question is who does NFL Sunday Super Fan come from...and what does it do? To the best of my knowledge the only one who can do NFL games like that is Direct TV.
    SuperFan wich is an add-on to Sunday Ticket allows you to watch ALL of the games in HD and also allows you to watch games from your computer..
    08-26-09 01:32 PM
    Ripoff. Superfan costs an additional $99 on top of your standard $300 Sunday Ticket cost. Buy a Slingbox Solo and stream all your TV channels instead.
    08-26-09 01:39 PM
    i pay for the mlb.tv premium package, and i was wondering how to get the video feed to my phone,

the mobile site only has the audio feed from the home team's radio feed...if i can get baseball video on my phone i'd never get anything done...

and college sports, good lord don't get me started!
    08-26-09 01:46 PM
    Ripoff. Superfan costs an additional $99 on top of your standard $300 Sunday Ticket cost. Buy a Slingbox Solo and stream all your TV channels instead.
    I'm a little lost. First, I think starting this year all NFL games are televised in HD. Direct TV charges more to watch this? And second, how can you stream something that is directly marketed by a satellite provider.

Wait, maybe I don't want to know..
    08-26-09 01:47 PM
    The website says it's only available on IPhone, Palm Pre and other devices with windows mobile....so no blackberry access yet.

If you don't want to pay the 100 bucks for superfan...DON'T! just call DTV tell them you are canceling it cause it costs to much. They will give it to you for 36 a month and superfan free. They've got their contract with NFL so they are already out the money...any money they get from each suscriber is more than they had before......
    08-26-09 03:00 PM
    The website says it's only available on IPhone, Palm Pre and other devices with windows mobile....so no blackberry access yet.

If you don't want to pay the 100 bucks for superfan...DON'T! just call DTV tell them you are canceling it cause it costs to much. They will give it to you for 36 a month and superfan free. They've got their contract with NFL so they are already out the money...any money they get from each suscriber is more than they had before......
    Damn!
    Sad to hear that..

In regards to SuperFan for FREE, he is 100% correct..
    I got mine for free all I did was call and tell them that my friend got it for free..
    They also gave me a discounted rate on Sunday ticket..
    08-26-09 03:30 PM
    I'm a little lost. First, I think starting this year all NFL games are televised in HD. Direct TV charges more to watch this? And second, how can you stream something that is directly marketed by a satellite provider.

Wait, maybe I don't want to know..
    If you order NFL Sunday ticket, you get only the SD feeds for the games unless you pay the extra $99 for the superfan package (your regularly televised local games ARE available in HD, just not the all the others). Superfan also includes some other features, as folks have mentioned here.

Slingbox could work, and they even have a blackberry client...just not one yet that natively runs on the Storm, or any VZ berry for that matter (appears to be limited to WiFi-enabled blackberries). After visiting some forums, I do that some people have had mixed results getting the Pearl's slingbox client to run on the Storm in compatibility mode, for what it's worth. The streaming is legal because it's to a single client only (you can't just send all your friends a link to have them watch the game). Slingbox is great, I've owned one for a while! I just wish I could get a client for my Storm!!! Sling Media - Home of the Slingbox
    08-26-09 04:02 PM
    i pay for the mlb.tv premium package, and i was wondering how to get the video feed to my phone,

the mobile site only has the audio feed from the home team's radio feed...if i can get baseball video on my phone i'd never get anything done...

and college sports, good lord don't get me started!
    mlb at bat on the iPhone love getting live baseball on my phone!!
    08-26-09 04:05 PM
    Damn!
    Sad to hear that..

In regards to SuperFan for FREE, he is 100% correct..
    I got mine for free all I did was call and tell them that my friend got it for free..
    They also gave me a discounted rate on Sunday ticket..
    I really miss Sunday Ticket -- I had to switch to cable last year when I moved (no line of sight for satellite). I think it's complete BS that DirecTV has the market cornered.
    08-26-09 04:06 PM
    yeah, considering that direcTV can't offer service to everyone/everywhere...it's the same thing as the ATT v VZW v whoever else...everyone has this exclusive market share cornered, and they all overlap...the only difference being your location or your specific service you wanna have access to...
    08-26-09 04:20 PM
    mlb at bat on the iPhone love getting live baseball on my phone!!
    yeah, i will never use any of the GSM carriers in my area, or the iphone, but if you can get it on my storm we're talkin
    08-26-09 04:21 PM
    I really miss Sunday Ticket -- I had to switch to cable last year when I moved (no line of sight for satellite).
    I don't have it any more either - but it was a financial decision. We still have DirecTV, I just decided it wasn't worth it, as much as I loved being able to watch whatever game I wanted. I'm sure my wife isn't sad to have it gone - the channel doesn't get changed nearly as often on Sunday afternoons.
    08-26-09 07:01 PM
    I don't have it any more either - but it was a financial decision. We still have DirecTV, I just decided it wasn't worth it, as much as I loved being able to watch whatever game I wanted. I'm sure my wife isn't sad to have it gone - the channel doesn't get changed nearly as often on Sunday afternoons.
    Same here. I kinda miss it but get a serious discount for cable through my job. Oh well. If I had football on my phone it would be awesome though!
    08-26-09 07:07 PM
    This might be a weebit OT but I've signed up for this service at NFL com. Awesome quality.

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/registerform
    08-26-09 10:53 PM
    I really miss Sunday Ticket -- I had to switch to cable last year when I moved (no line of sight for satellite). I think it's complete BS that DirecTV has the market cornered.
    They don't have the market cornered, the contract wwas up and everyone got to bid on it and DTV out bid comcast, at the time my brother was working for comcast and he told me they were going after the football contract big time because they knew it was a huge selling point for DTV. DTV won the bidding and that is when we saw the price jump from $149/$179. Someone had to pay for that huge contract. I also stopped getting it at that point, the wife complained enough when I got it for $149 (early bird special)
    08-27-09 10:00 AM
    Put a TV tuner in your computer and stream to your phone with Orb.

MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software
    08-27-09 10:49 AM
    Just tell Verizon you want it added to v cast lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 04:46 AM
    Just saw the commercial for this. Damn iphone gets everything.

08-31-09 10:06 PM
    Just saw the commercial for this. Damn iphone gets everything.

Yeah, everything BUT phone calls/good network service...
    08-31-09 10:16 PM
    This might be a weebit OT but I've signed up for this service at NFL com. Awesome quality.

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/registerform
    This looks cool but I think this is only AFTER the game is over..
    I want to see it LIVE as it's happening. If I do happen to miss a game, I just download it from itunes..
    08-31-09 10:19 PM

I am a Curve user and I have the choice to listen to either the home or away broadcast of MLB games.

I posted this in another thread, but I contacted MLB mobile suggesting they develop an app for the Storm 2 similar to the iPhone's MLB at Bat app. Unfortunately, it is not in the plans.

Thanks for the suggestion. While we'd love to have an at-bat type
    application on the Storm, we're not sure if Blackberry's mobile platform
    would be capable of handling live video just yet. We've seen so many
    problems with audio alone that we're hesitant to provide a more data
    intensive service.

That said, if it's possible for us to do, you'll see it on the phone for
    next year.

Regards,

Ari Bencuya
    Sr. Coordinator, Mobile Team
    MLB.com Mobile

Video broadcasts of the games would be nice, but being able to listen to any game I want on my phone with Gameday Audio is outstanding.
    Last edited by Coachbulldog; 08-31-09 at 10:36 PM. Reason: add more information
    08-31-09 10:35 PM
    This looks cool but I think this is only AFTER the game is over..
    I want to see it LIVE as it's happening. If I do happen to miss a game, I just download it from itunes..
    You are right! I wish it was live too but it will serve my needs.
    08-31-09 10:39 PM
    honestly MLB mobile streaming is a pain in the azz...if they made an app, it would be infinately easier...browser streaming is the suck

look at pandora, slacker, iheart, etc...no issues...the youtube app has it's hiccups, but even then, it's possible...i think MLB needs to outsource to an existing app developer company and go that route, instead of having it all hosted on the mobile site...
    08-31-09 10:39 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD