EDIT: NFCLauncher is renamed to NFCShortcuts

NFCLauncher is updated to version 1.4.0.0 for all BB models with NFC (9900, 9930, 9350, 9360, 9370, and 9790)

Upgrade is free for current users.

About NFCLauncher:

Following are some of the use cases proposed by alpha testers of NFCLauncher:
    (Other ideas can be found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...as-all-659273/)

* Touch a tag on the belt to lock BB (regardless of what app is in foreground).

* Touch a tag on holster/belt to change the profile to Silent or Vibrate.

* Touch a tag in the car to send an email to partner saying I am on the way home.

* Touch a tag in the car to toggle (running/not running) Drivesafe.ly app

* Touch a tag in the car to turn on Bluetooth (for handsfree) and then Call partner.

* Touch a tag on the night stand to toggle bedside mode.

* Touch a tag on gym locker to change ringer profile, BBM/WLM status, and open workout playlist in native music player.

* Touch a tag on xbox360/PS3/computer desk to send a message to pre defined friends inviting them to sign in for some online gaming (Call Of Duty, Battlefield, NHL 12, etc)

* Touch a tag as I'm leaving the office to launch the mobile timekeeping app to enter hours for the day.

New in 1.4.0.0:

- Can re-program NFC tags

- Can program the tags in a way that Smart Tags app is not launched when a NFC tag is tapped (only NFCLauncher launches what you want without Smart Tags popping up)

- Can lock Mifare Ultralight tags.

- Minor changes in the user interface

- Fixed some bugs related to the user interface
    Last edited by Vijik; 11-19-11 at 09:44 AM.
    TomCanuck and dimm0k like this.
    11-06-11 04:37 AM
    Sweet, just grabbed this! Love the new additions and fixes!!
    11-06-11 10:25 AM
    Just checked Blackberry app world and no upgrade? What is the alternative site to upgrade?
    11-07-11 07:40 AM
    Just checked Blackberry app world and no upgrade? What is the alternative site to upgrade?
    This new version of NFCLauncher, 1.4, should hopefully get approved by App World today.
    11-07-11 08:38 AM
    @Davidso,

NFCLauncher 1.4 is now approved by App World. Hopefully you can download it now.
    11-08-11 08:05 AM
    Thanks I love SCM and NFC launcher but I have a problem using it with Vlingo. I like Vlingo but if I set my convenience key to SCM (so I can launch all the other shortcuts) then Vlingo voice commands don't work.

Can I set SCM or Vlingo to a different key?

Thanks.
    11-08-11 08:13 AM
    ShortcutMe let you assign the convenience key to something else (you can then launch it with either a BB Home Screen Hot key, or from BB System Menu).

But Vlingo doesn't allow you to assign the conv key to something else.
    Unfortunately, because of this Vlingo behaviour, you need to take away the conv key from your ShortcutMe app.

MediaKeyBooster application let you turn each media key to a convenience key. It also has multiple clicking feature for media keys, allowing you to assign each media key to launch 4 apps, tasks, or shortcuts. That could replace your "lost" convenience key.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    11-08-11 10:26 AM
    Thanks I got MediaKeyBooster. It works great. However, FYI, since I believe you guys are related, when I select Shazam nothing happens and I wonder if it is because it is not Shazam Encore. Just FYI.
    11-08-11 12:15 PM
    Thanks I got MediaKeyBooster. It works great. However, FYI, since I believe you guys are related, when I select Shazam nothing happens and I wonder if it is because it is not Shazam Encore. Just FYI.
    You are right, I just tested it and can see that MediaKeyBooster can't launch Shazam.
    I will fix it soon.

In the mean time, just create a shortcut in ShortcutMe (assuming with SH as keys) to launch Shazam (SCM can launch Shazam without problem).
    Then, set one of the multi click shortcuts of MediaKeyBooster to launch SH shortcut in ShortcutMe.
    TomCanuck likes this.
    11-08-11 12:33 PM
    Anyone having problems getting the key code to work. It keeps telling me that it is invalid.
    11-10-11 06:28 PM
    Anyone having problems getting the key code to work. It keeps telling me that it is invalid.
    What version are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-11 10:20 PM
    What version are you running?

1.4 I believe that is the newest?
    11-11-11 12:17 PM
    1.4 I believe that is the newest?
    Indeed it is. :\
    Just to cover all the bases... You haven't like switched devices or anything eh? I ask cuz occasionally the store doesn't update your key for a bit. I ran into that with App World -_- drove me nuts lol

11-11-11 12:22 PM
    OK. I'm new to the BB realm and am intrigued by NFC and smart tags. Here's my question: My BB 9930 is a company phone and the IT Geeks have set it up to require a four digit pin number to do anything except receive a call. Would I be correct to assume that once I envoke NFC on the phone, I can program a tag to transmit the pin number followed by the "enter" key? Sure would be nice if that's possible. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    11-11-11 06:23 PM
    for something like this you'd also need ShortcutMe. Because NFCLauncher is (as the name says) just a launcher. The ability to write your own macros for keystroke injection (which is what you'd need to type in your pin) or whatever else is where ShortcutMe comes in, and you'd use NFCLauncher to trigger it.

That being said, I know nothing of IT policies, but as long as the "log in" screen (where you type your pin) doesn't block Input Simulation then i see no reason why this wouldn't be doable.
    Vijik likes this.
    11-11-11 06:36 PM
    I am able to confirm this with version 1.4.0.0. If you're copying the code directly off of Mobihand, the code is a group of numbers separated with spaces. If you remove the spaces when you enter it in NFCLauncher, it gets accepted and saved. If you leave the spaces in there, nothing happens and the code is not saved.
    11-11-11 09:46 PM
    @Juggalo i havent switched phones since purchasing the app. i had the 9930 for about three weeks before buying the app. Their help desk ran my code on one of their simulators, and said it worked. since then i havent gotten any replies from them for continued support.
    11-12-11 02:38 PM
    @Juggalo i havent switched phones since purchasing the app. i had the 9930 for about three weeks before buying the app. Their help desk ran my code on one of their simulators, and said it worked. since then i havent gotten any replies from them for continued support.
    Read ONE post before your's lol. The fix was posted by dimm0k

11-12-11 02:41 PM
    @Wazzugrad,

I wrote a simulator where your BB device PIN was used as the device PIN and License-Key-Check in the app did accept your license key as a valid key.

Now, based on what dimm0k is writing, you need to remove the spaces after you get the key from mobihand or other stores.

In the next version, I make sure that spaces are removed by the app itself.
    11-12-11 04:13 PM
    I can confirm what dimm0k wrote is correct.

If you have spaces in the license key, it is not stored.

@Wazzugrad, make sure after you enter the key, exit the app, open it again, and hit "Set License Key" you can see the key you have entered.
    If you don't see any key, it means it didn't save it last time when you entered it.
    11-12-11 05:04 PM
    NFCLauncher 1.4.0.1 is now released on Mobihand & Channels.

New in 1.4.0.1 comparing to 1.4.0.0

- License key window now only accepts numeric values and no spaces
    (Space in license keys didn't allow the key being accepted by the app).
    TomCanuck likes this.
    11-12-11 05:45 PM
    NFCShortcuts is updated to version 1.4.4.0 both on Mobihand and App World stores.

1.4.4.0 has a new function called NFCL_Toggler. It can be used to toggle anything you see in the Manage Connections page: Toggle Radio, Toggle Wi-Fi, Toggle Mobile Hotspot, Toggle Bluetooth, Toggle NFC, and Toggle All (Radios)

It can also be used to Open Network Connections, Wi-Fi Network, and Service Status pages).

NFCL_Toggle_WiFi_BT_Radio function is also modified to handle the addition of the Hotspot in BB OS 7.1
    02-12-12 08:33 AM
    NFCShortcuts 1.5 is released now.

If you upgrade to 1.5 and you don't see an icon for NFCShortcuts, then download the icon by pointing your BB Browser to the following link:

http://fonware.ca/dlnfcs
    06-18-12 05:32 AM
    will this app go on sale anytime soon ?
    07-03-12 03:15 PM
    will this app go on sale anytime soon ?
    It is on sale today (%66 off, down to $0.99).
    07-06-12 05:37 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD