NFCLauncher is now released.

It allows you to tap a tag and launch your macro shortcuts in ShortcutMe:

10-10-11 05:27 PM
    NFCLauncher is now released.

It allows you to tap a tag and launch your macro shortcuts in ShortcutMe:

NFCLauncher takes ShortcutMe to the next dimension! Thanks again for all of your efforts, Vijik!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 06:50 PM
    NFCLauncher takes ShortcutMe to the next dimension! Thanks again for all of your efforts, Vijik!
    Thanks.

You reported that 'KeypadLockKey' macro in ShortcutMe didn't correctly locked the keypad on your 9930. (That macro works fine on my 9900)

What about the NFCL_KeypadLock function in NFCLauncher? Does it lock the keypad when you tap a NFC tag?

I am developing a new version of NFCLauncher and can fix this right away if you experiencing that NFCL_KeypadLock is not working on 9930.
    10-10-11 07:19 PM
    Thanks.

You reported that 'KeypadLockKey' macro in ShortcutMe didn't correctly locked the keypad on your 9930. (That macro works fine on my 9900)

What about the NFCL_KeypadLock function in NFCLauncher? Does it lock the keypad when you tap a NFC tag?

I am developing a new version of NFCLauncher and can fix this right away if you experiencing that NFCL_KeypadLock is not working on 9930.
    Actually, the NFCL_KeypadLock function works -- I had not seen that before, so I just tried it. I was actually trying the SCM macro in order to eventually launch the macro using NFCLauncher, but you did it for me! Thanks.

10-10-11 07:32 PM
    NFCL_KeypadLock function was added in the latest version of NFCLauncher.

In the new version, I am adding NFCL_Toggle_WiFi_BT_Radio in addition to keeping the NFCL_BedSideModeToggle intact.
    10-10-11 09:19 PM
    A new version of NFCLauncher 1.2 is ready for beta testers.

If you own NFCLauncher, have NFC tags, and want to beta test, send email to nfcl at fonware dot ca to get the beta link (in the email let me know what your CB username is and where you have bought your tags from).

1.2 has more functions and it checks Apps Permissions and provide a menu option to set the App Permissions.
    10-10-11 09:43 PM
    Your new app NFCLauncher looks amazing!

I want to buy it, but how can I make my own, custom NFC tags with custom functions that would work with the app?
    What do I need to buy?
    Do I need to buy ShortcutMe as well?

Thanks!

Thanks.

NFCLauncher can launch apps on your BB, or launch some of its own functions like 'NFCL_BedsideModeToggle,
    NFCL_Call,
    NFCL_Toggle_Wifi_Bt_Radio,
    NFCL_Message_Compose,
    etc

It can also launch macros in ShortcutMe.

I suggest that you just get NFCLauncher first (+ NFC tags) and if you find it interesting and you want it to do more fancy things then consider getting ShortcutMe afterwards.

For the NFCLauncher app you need to buy NFC tags (Mifare Ultralight). Usually each tag costs around $1.
    One of the stores which sell those tags has just offered %10 discount (and free shipping to US):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6750207
    10-10-11 11:43 PM
    Awesome! Now AT&T just needs to release the 9900!!!!
    I will get back to you as soon as I get one.
    US carriers used to get new BlackBerrys at least at the same time as carriers in other countries.

Hopefully AT&T is not one of those carriers who disables NFC feature on new BB models.
    10-11-11 06:25 AM
    yes, I want to beta test.
    I just sent the email.

I got the NFCLauncher to work with the hotel card keys I had kept from my trips this year.

never thought those hotel keys could be used for something useful after I leave the hotel.
    10-11-11 01:05 PM
    Moving this over from the other thread because this is the proper place for it.

As a feature request, can we get the ability to copy an existing setup to a new tag? Blah... I can't even put the words together for a good explination. Ummm...
    Bascially, I want multiple tags to have identical setups. In the "Setup Page For Card X" can we get a menu option to "Duplicate <card display name>" please?

Update #1 running NFCLauncher 1.2.0.0 (Beta) on 9900/7.0.0.440. Right now testing configuring from scratch and found a cosmetic issue. Setup a first tag however you want, this post pertains to the 2nd one configured.

Open NFCLauncher, Tap a new tag, in the "This is a new NFC card. Do you want to assign it to launch something on your BB?" prompt select "Yes", leave Launch: set to "Nothing" and leave the "Card display Name" empty, tap the EscKey twice to exit NFCLauncher (your changes will be auto saved). Now that NFCLauncher is closed, tap your phone to the tag. "Setup Page For Card 2" will open, but the prompt that opens along with it will say "Card number 1 is not set yet"

Update #2
    Tried restoring config on 1.1.0.0 and 1.2.0.0 with a config file created using 1.1.0.0 and 1.2.0.0
    And it's not restoring registration info properly. They key is technically there, but it takes a reboot (battery pull) to take effect. Once you load the restore file, NFCLauncher exists and does restore card settings but the "invalid license key" message pops up. I tried the "Re-Register NFC" menu item in 1.2.0.0 but still no go.

Update #3
    I was wrong, restoring any settings requires a reboot. At least on version 1.2.0.0 (beta)

Update #4
    One thing ShortcutMe users might like. is that with the ability to write PreMacros and PostMacros you can create entire ShortcutMe macros that don't have to clog up your actual ShortcutMe list. If you create just the one ShortcutMe macro like this

Shortcut Name: Null
    Shortcut Keys: ^nul
    App Name: Macro
    Macros: Delay1

you can then call this from NFCLauncher. as in

Launch: ShortcutMe_Touch
    PreMacros: rah rah rah put all your macros here
    Parameter: ^nul
    PostMacros: rah rah rah more macros if you want.

with just having the one extra shortcut it ShortcutMe you can create as many NFC tag specific macros as you like without having them taking up room within your ShortcutMe list ^_^ I absolutely adore this..
    Turns out there's no need for ^NUL. You can simply leave the ShortcutMe_Touch parameter empty
    10-14-11 09:37 PM
    Juggalo20, Thank you for testing and reporting.

I just released a new version of NFCLauncher, 1.2.0.1, on mobihand & channels.

1.2.0.1should address many of the issues/bugs you reported about beta version (1.2.0.0).

In addition it has the following functions:

- NFCL_BedSideModeToggle (tap a tag to set device to bedside mode)

- NFCL_KeypadLock (tap a tag to lock the keypad)

- NFCL_Toggle_WiFi_BT_Radio (Tap a tag to toggle wifi, Bluetooth and radio)

Edit: 1.2.0.1 is also available on beta link for NFCLauncher.
    Last edited by Vijik; 10-15-11 at 12:09 AM.
    10-15-11 12:07 AM
    Juggalo20, Thank you for testing and reporting.

I just released a new version of NFCLauncher, 1.2.0.1, on mobihand & channels.

1.2.0.1should address many of the issues/bugs you reported about beta version (1.2.0.0).

In addition it has the following functions:

- NFCL_BedSideModeToggle (tap a tag to set device to bedside mode)

- NFCL_KeypadLock (tap a tag to lock the keypad)

- NFCL_Toggle_WiFi_BT_Radio (Tap a tag to toggle wifi, Bluetooth and radio)

Edit: 1.2.0.1 is also available on beta link for NFCLauncher.
    Testing 1.2.0.1 on 9900/7.0.0.440:
    Restore bug is fixed
    That cosmetic bug I mentioned in the Setup Page is fixed
    NFCL_Browser works, with or without the http://
    The Parameter cosmetic bug still exists
    NFCL_KeypadLock works like a charm
    NFCL_Toggle_WiFi_BT_Radio works perfect also

I don't have time to check for new things at the moment. Gunna go do checking of things in the change log of SCM now. I'm out at a buddy's so all my testing comes after whistles on NHL 12

10-15-11 03:32 AM
    Testing 1.2.0.1 on 9900/7.0.0.440:
    Restore bug is fixed
    That cosmetic bug I mentioned in the Setup Page is fixed
    NFCL_Browser works, with or without the http://
    The Parameter cosmetic bug still exists
    NFCL_KeypadLock works like a charm
    NFCL_Toggle_WiFi_BT_Radio works perfect also

I don't have time to check for new things at the moment. Gunna go do checking of things in the change log of SCM now. I'm out at a buddy's so all my testing comes after whistles on NHL 12
    Thanks.

Have fun with NHL 12.

Whenever you get time remind me of what was "The Parameter cosmetic bug"
    10-15-11 11:08 AM
    Thanks.

Have fun with NHL 12.

Whenever you get time remind me of what was "The Parameter cosmetic bug"
    Choose ShortcutMe_Touch, enter a parameter (example BTT), save and exit, reopen the config for that tag, change the app name to something that does not accept a paremeter, like Messages, save changes. Go to the main NFCLauncher page (where you can select existing tags) and it shows up as
    Messages,BTT

10-15-11 11:12 AM
    Thanks. I will fix it in the next rev even that (as you also mentioned) that BTT parameter doesn't make problem for other apps being launched.
    10-15-11 11:14 AM
    Thanks. I will fix it in the next rev even that (as you also mentioned) that BTT parameter doesn't make problem for other apps being launched.
    nope, causes no problems, purely cosmetic

10-15-11 11:21 AM
    With the recent change in SCM of macros starting on a new line like

Macros:
    FirstMacro

I think it'd be cool if NFCLauncher's macro set up was the same. I still also feel like a blank line between PreMacros Parameter and PostMacros would help. Gets pretty cluttered in there. Or even a bit of colour, like have the words in blue or something.

Previous suggestions that I can remember:
    Option to duplicate existing tags to new ones.
    10-16-11 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD