I have NFCShortcuts installed on my 9900, running 7.1.0.569.
    I have no problem reading/writing compatible NFC tags. (Actually quite impressed with the potential of NFC tags)

I can assign the launching of an app to a tag and it works flawlessly. However if i assign the predefined NFCL_Toggle_Wifi_BT_Radio to a tag, i keep getting prompted to set App Permissions. Using the NFCShortcuts option to set permissions, i have already saved the requested permissions for Personal Info and Connectivity.

However when ever it tab the tag, it launches NFCS and says i need to set app permissions. Presumably letting me know that it does not have rights to toggle the connectivity checkbox. I tried 1-5 as variable passed to the command, no difference.

what am i missing?

thanks
    09-01-12 04:05 PM
    Do you see "Input Simulation" in the NFCShortcut's permissions shown in BlackBerry Options?
    if so, what is it set to?
    09-02-12 10:21 AM
    I see it, it is greyed out and set to deny. I can't edit it.

Thanks for the reply
    09-02-12 05:29 PM
    I see it, it is greyed out and set to deny. I can't edit it.

Thanks for the reply
    Is it a BB from your company? Do you have IT policy on your BB that blocks you from allowing that permission for apps?
    09-02-12 06:23 PM
    It is connected to a BES, I will have to look at the IT policy and check what all is set in it. It would be the first time I have run into restrictions, our policy is pretty lax.
    Do you know where in the ITpolicy this would be set?
    09-02-12 08:03 PM
    It is connected to a BES, I will have to look at the IT policy and check what all is set in it. It would be the first time I have run into restrictions, our policy is pretty lax.
    Do you know where in the ITpolicy this would be set?
    If one or more permissions are grayed out, it is most likely a permission problem. You can't set the permission, neither does NFCShortcuts (hence all those annoying Set Permissions screens for every tap on a NFC tag).

I remember reading about IT policies and permissions setting long time ago. I think BES has a white list for apps and it also has something (that I now found) that is called "Control Policy for unlisted apps". Any change in that will effect all of the apps on your BB that are not in the white list.

Take a look at this link, it might help to put some light on one (of many) thing that causes the problem:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...4/#post4324837
    09-02-12 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD