Didn't see this posted anywhere yet. If it was, I apologize. Here is the list of the newly added features for the soon-to-be released UberTwitter Beta 4. As great as this app already is, it just KEEPS getting better! Much appreciated Uber Crew.

* Multiple Accounts - You can now configure multiple accounts, each with their own set of on-device preferences.
    * You can now BLOCK people!
    * Video Integration - We have partnered with TwitVid.com to offer you an outstanding video integration.
    * Goto user - You can now enter twitter users name and go directly to their timeline
    * URL Shortening - we've integrated with bit.ly so you can easily send those long URLs now and not bump up against the 140 limit
    * MUCH faster photo uploads, significantly improving the user experience.
    * Use of the internal GPS is now solidly supported with proper fallback to cell tower based location when GPS isn't available.
    * Icon Caching If you have and SD card, we will cache avatar icons on the card, increasing the speed of timeline displays and reducing network traffic.
    * You can now select pictures and videos that have already been take and are on your device. The interface shows the most recent at the top and offers a preview so you can verify it is the picture/video you expected!
    * When composing a tweet you can now insert symbols from a large selection of commonly available characters such as smiley's, hearts, etc.
    * Integrated advertisements - Please note, the ads are there to support the freely distributable version of �berTwitter. Users that purchase �berTwitter will not have advertisement in their version.
    * We've streamlined the friends and followers lists
    * You can now see both the number of friends, followers, and tweets sent when viewing the details of a tweet.
    * Replying to a DM from the timeline will now correctly send a DM and not a regular tweet
    * Fixed the bug in reply all where it would truncate some twitter user names
    * Added reply all to the menu when viewing a tweet

These are the features that won't be in beta 4, but are being worked on for a future release!

* Integration into the BlackBerry browser such that URLs can be included directly in a tweet from the browser menu.
    * Saved searches - integrate the new Twitter saved search API. Searches saved via the Twitter web site will be useable on �berTwitter and vice versa
    * Twitter name menu - Type '@' and a list of your friends automatically pops up allowing selection

The only stinker is the advertisements, but they have to make some $$$ somewhere. I probably use UberTwitter more than any other app and their dedication to constantly making this ALREADY INCREDIBLE app better, shows me that they're quite deserving of the $$$. I'll be purchasing the paid version myself...buyers remorse is impossible when dealin with Uber.

EDIT> UberTwitter Leak - Beta 4 or Developer Verison?! - BlackberryOS.com
    Last edited by shaydakiss23; 08-09-09 at 10:55 AM.
    08-07-09 09:17 AM
    Oh so they gonna do a paid app huh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 10:55 AM
    Oh so they gonna do a paid app huh

Yea, i heard an announcement about this a few months back tho.
    08-07-09 11:11 AM
    Moving to 3rd Party Apps!
    08-07-09 11:22 AM
    I've actually downloaded the beta. I think it sucked, performance wise and not only that there was advertising for netflix. I downgraded immediately.
    08-07-09 12:00 PM
    I've actually downloaded the beta. I think it sucked, performance wise and not only that there was advertising for netflix. I downgraded immediately.
    How were you able to do that? Ubertwitter sucking performance wise??? Please explain, this isnt the app i know.
    08-07-09 12:17 PM
    It is the best app out there for tweeting unless you can score a SS invite. I deleted Uber the day i got SS though. Its really nice and battery is soo much better with it.

Tweeteev needs to get theirs out there cause i really want to see what that has to offer too!
    08-07-09 12:17 PM
    I actually did the opposite. I have been using Uber, then I got an SS invite and tried it out. While SS is good, it falls into the trap many all-in-one programs do: they don't do it nearly as well as the dedicated programs.

UT has much more options than SS. The BB Facebook app does much more than the SS app. So, I got rid of SS... at least for now.
    08-07-09 12:49 PM
    Nice, can't wait to pick it up. I'll probably just grab the paid version so I don't have to deal with the advertisements.
    08-07-09 12:53 PM
    I'm still waiting for their network to clear up so I can try the version I have. I've only been able to use it once. But I'm not following many ppl so I guess I don't really need it?

08-07-09 01:05 PM
    Got the SS invite a couple of weeks ago. Debated installing out of frustration over the wait, but decided to see what the fuss was about. After spending some time with it, I can understand the excitement. A very good app. I, too, deleted uber. Might revisit the app in the future should enhancements warrant. At this point, SS is the standard for me.
    08-07-09 01:43 PM
    If the advertisement is integrated into the Beta before the official release (which looks to be happening), you better believe I won't be upgrading until the official release. I'd rather not put up with advertising and just pay for the app, so I can wait it out.
    08-07-09 01:46 PM
    Any word on how much the paid version might cost?
    08-07-09 02:08 PM
    08-09-09 10:51 AM
    Got the SS invite a couple of weeks ago. Debated installing out of frustration over the wait, but decided to see what the fuss was about. After spending some time with it, I can understand the excitement. A very good app. I, too, deleted uber. Might revisit the app in the future should enhancements warrant. At this point, SS is the standard for me.
    Me too. I am no longer using UberTwitter in favor of SocialScope Lite. I really like the fact that I can sort the people I am following into Groups.

SocialScope Lite is handling well on accessing both Twitter and Facebook. I don't have to open 2 separate apps to check the updates.

And best of all, there is no advertising on SS.
    08-09-09 11:14 AM
    Is there anyway I can set up ubertwitter to show me my last read tweet instead of the newest tweet?
    08-09-09 11:22 PM
    so will this new beta work with os 5.0? it only says 4.7 for the storm but im currently running 5.0. I downloaded it and waiting for the reboot now, just seeing incase i have to go back to the older version of uber
    08-09-09 11:29 PM
    I wish UT had the option of updating FB status. That's the only reason why I want to try SS out.
    08-10-09 05:25 AM
    Is there anyway I can set up ubertwitter to show me my last read tweet instead of the newest tweet?
    There is no such setting on UT. This is another advantage of SocialScope over UT.
    08-10-09 06:35 AM
    There is no such setting on UT. This is another advantage of SocialScope over UT.
    When I open UT, the currently selected tweet is the one I last read. Thus, every tweet that appears above it are new ones. This is how I can tell.
    08-10-09 12:01 PM
    I also downgraded immediately. There was an ad for Vlingo that was constantly at the top, and I wasn't a fan of the new beta. I'm fine with the version I have now, until Tweeteev is released!
    08-10-09 12:11 PM
    I'm gonna wait until UberTwitter releases it official. There were a few bugs that I noticed, that they're workin on right now before they release it. As far as the adds go...I had UT Beta 4 on my phone for 2 days and only noticed 1 add. That I can live with...still might buy the paid version tho. We'll see.
    08-10-09 02:24 PM
    I wish UT had the option of updating FB status. That's the only reason why I want to try SS out.
    That's easily accomplished. Just login into Twitter on your PC and look for the setting to have Twitter automatically update FB when you update Twitter. That's all you need to do. So when you update UT, that updates Twitter, which will in turn update FB.

Twitter Support :: Using Twitter with Facebook
    Last edited by Bigslam123; 08-10-09 at 02:37 PM.
    08-10-09 02:25 PM
    does SS support push API for Facebook though? That would be the dealbreaker for me I think
    08-10-09 02:54 PM
    get selective twitter for your facebook. then any tweet you put #FB with it puts it to facebook.
    08-10-09 02:56 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD