Connect to your PC with mass storage enabled, run a search of the card for *.dat, delete all of them and do either a soft boot or battery pull. Should speed those images up.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You can also do this from your device...

Files > My Files > Media Card > BlackBerry > Menu > Show Hidden > System > Media > Thumbs480x360.dat > Menu > Delete

This will cure any problems with pixelated pictures as well

This actually works! Thanks! My pictures are instantly loaded everytime no more slow loading.
    05-10-10 12:02 AM
    Well I installed .593 today. A few things I noticed.

I did 3 "reboots" (pulling battery) to see what the average time for start up was.

about just a little over 2 min to get to the T-MOBILE screen, then another min for everything to come up. It takes another 1-2 minutes for the communication arrows in the right hand corner window to stop moving.

Pictures seem to load up faster and scrolling as well. Noticed a bunch of new icon which look like myFav icons.

I could get Slacker to register or work right on .330. Now I'm all set up.

Like how the LOCK/MUTE buttons work now.

Will be watching battery life, for the next couple for days, to see if that has improved although I had no complaints before this install.

With .330 I had a few dropped calls and once and awhile some 3G issues. I hope all that is gone now.
    05-10-10 02:41 PM
    Am I only one that has this problem?
    lol

all i see

I found common files

I only see microsoft share,
    services,speech engines,symantec shares,and system. I already tried search for vendor.xml doesnt come up wth =(
    05-10-10 03:28 PM
    Am I only one that has this problem?
    lol

all i see

I found common files

I only see microsoft share,
    services,speech engines,symantec shares,and system. I already tried search for vendor.xml doesnt come up wth =(
    Only way I know that as possible, is for you to have not installed the OS after downloading.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*
    Drive a PwnCakes Hybrid. It'll keep your Onyx purring.

05-10-10 03:48 PM
    I am pretty sure I insrall it because it takes me straight to application loader

05-10-10 03:53 PM
    Well I installed .593 today. A few things I noticed.

I did 3 "reboots" (pulling battery) to see what the average time for start up was.

about just a little over 2 min to get to the T-MOBILE screen, then another min for everything to come up. It takes another 1-2 minutes for the communication arrows in the right hand corner window to stop moving.

Pictures seem to load up faster and scrolling as well. Noticed a bunch of new icon which look like myFav icons.

I could get Slacker to register or work right on .330. Now I'm all set up.

Like how the LOCK/MUTE buttons work now.

Will be watching battery life, for the next couple for days, to see if that has improved although I had no complaints before this install.

With .330 I had a few dropped calls and once and awhile some 3G issues. I hope all that is gone now.
    Well, it's quite an improvement coming from .330. Instead of the lock/mute button, try "Theme" in Options. You can change wallpaper and change back to default as you wish. You can even change theme type from Zen to Today with stock theme.

Congrats on the upgrade. You won't be disappointed.
    05-10-10 10:06 PM
    I like this upgrade. The theme layout is different which is cool. The internet speed is faster for me as well. I like what the lock button does now too.
    05-11-10 08:04 AM
    i have two problems
    weathereye 2.0.2.0 is not working anymore

quicklaunch is rebooting after i try 2 times.
    05-11-10 12:52 PM
    According to Crackberry OS 5.0.0.656 is available.
    05-12-10 08:22 PM
    i did the upgrade and worked fine but my clock/alarm icon is gone and blackberry apps icon is gone, how do i get it back? i've done the battery pull many times and downloaded again and reinstalled it again but still they don't appear. anyone?
    thanks
    05-12-10 11:46 PM
    also when UMA call quality is not good at all. calls break up really bad and sounds like fax machine. any fix?

thanks
    05-12-10 11:47 PM
    Has anyone tried the latest software os 5.0.0.656?
    05-13-10 04:12 AM
    Has anyone tried the latest software os 5.0.0.656?
    There's a thread about it
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...9700-a-464076/

05-13-10 04:57 AM
    also when uma call quality is not good at all. Calls break up really bad and sounds like fax machine. Any fix?

Thanks
    i'm gonna try the new os, b/c my call quality is horrible on this build! I really was liking it, but my calls keep dropping, and my signal is very weak; worst in the areas where my signal is already bad, even when using uma!! and i'm def 'not' downgrading back to that .545 b/c that blk screen situation was a pain in the ****, so hopefully, this build won't be any worst!
    05-13-10 09:54 AM
    Downloading now. I will try to install tonight
    05-13-10 11:51 AM
    Did the upgrade. So far so good!
    05-13-10 02:49 PM
    Not bad overall. Still doesn't fix Tmo's dropping 3G in calls to GPRS. UMA stinks compared to .454 (or was it .545) and I use that a lot. I'll try the newest update and see how that works.

05-13-10 02:57 PM
    The only problem I have is it shows old text and I kEep getting network congestion. Bc it keeps showing old text at bottom when I am texting

05-13-10 07:13 PM
    my bluetooth headset doesnt work on this build
    05-14-10 01:27 AM
    my bluetooth headset doesnt work on this build
    Have you tried deleting the headset, and resynching it?

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*
    Drive a PwnCakes Hybrid. It'll keep your Onyx purring.

05-14-10 01:37 AM
    My apologies, I posted this on the .656 thread as well but haven't gotten any response ...

Could I hear from AT&T users? (Seems T-Mo customers like the radio strength of .593 & .656)

I installed .656 yesterday and my radio suffered dramatically. With .593 and .545 before that I ALWAYS had 3 or 4 bars (3G) in my basement office. After upgrading to .656 my signal degraded and constantly switched between EDGE at 1-3 bars or 3G, one bar at best. So I did a wipe and downgraded back to .593, and my signal is STILL awful!

I'm considering deleting "everything BlackBerry" from my phone AND my PC, installing the original .405 and then trying to upgrade to "whatever".

Any wisdom or advice about the radio strength of the different OS's you can impart about would be appreciated!
    05-14-10 03:46 PM
    Does anyone know if .656 has east asian input?

Please let me know!!!!
    05-14-10 08:00 PM
    Radio is good on my at&t, but mine was decent on 593 also. Just a tad better, comparing two 9700's side by side with each.

This is an East Asian version, so I would assume it does.

05-15-10 12:06 AM
    Installed this update now, pretty solid other then a weird startup.

Startup will go slow at first then shoot fast, stop then crawl slowly

05-15-10 04:09 AM
    My apologies, I posted this on the .656 thread as well but haven't gotten any response ...

Could I hear from AT&T users? (Seems T-Mo customers like the radio strength of .593 & .656)

I installed .656 yesterday and my radio suffered dramatically. With .593 and .545 before that I ALWAYS had 3 or 4 bars (3G) in my basement office. After upgrading to .656 my signal degraded and constantly switched between EDGE at 1-3 bars or 3G, one bar at best. So I did a wipe and downgraded back to .593, and my signal is STILL awful!

I'm considering deleting "everything BlackBerry" from my phone AND my PC, installing the original .405 and then trying to upgrade to "whatever".

Any wisdom or advice about the radio strength of the different OS's you can impart about would be appreciated!
    My signal stayed the same with .656, but my Wi-Fi quit working. It would only work if I shut the phone's cellular radio off, similar to what I had to do with my old Bold 9000. I'm sticking with .593. The only issue I've ever noticed with it is an every-once-in-a-while two or three second lag when sending a text message. Nothing I can't deal with.
    05-15-10 09:27 AM
383 ... 13141516
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD