So, I've been using 593 for ohhh, about a week or so.

Does anyone have problems with the UMA dropping, and the 3G dropping to EDGE?
    My UMA seems to drop. It works after battery pull but then later it drops again.
    05-06-10 07:15 AM
    is .656 any better?
    a bit faster for me... bootup takes 2min dead on

picture scrolling in my media folder is noticeably faster

also have a big boost in free mem... went from 108 to 122MB (after the caches fill up, was like 106.5 to 120.5)... PS I strip out all non-essential to me stuff from the OS's 'java' folder (ie. cod files) prior to installing...
    05-06-10 08:27 AM
    BBDub, any conclusion on my blank text/not receiving texts situation?

In fact, have u heard of anything like this at all? If ur running an east asian os, u have an palm pre friends u could test this on?

Gracias.
    05-06-10 08:33 AM
    I reeeally want to be able to type in Japanese. Does this one allow that? I used to have the Curve 8900 and had no problems writing in Japanese and now when I upgrade to this phone, it seems impossible.
    I have .545 east Asian on my 9700 and I can type Japanese.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 09:08 AM
    after about a month or so using leaked version of 593 with no issues at all except of course Shazam's no workie, i just notices my visual voice mail has no option to listen via speakers, anyone has this issue also? please let me know, going to search this on google now
    I have the same issue with visual voice mail after installing this version, but if you hit the menu button while a voice message is playing, scroll down & you should have the "activate speakerphone" option & once selecting it, it should switch to the speakerphone. It does for me, but, we should only have to push the speakerphone button for it to switch over!
    05-06-10 09:27 AM
    I have the same issue with visual voice mail after installing this version, but if you hit the menu button while a voice message is playing, scroll down & you should have the "activate speakerphone" option & once selecting it, it should switch to the speakerphone. It does for me, but, we should only have to push the speakerphone button for it to switch over!
    Hold the ALT key down and then hit the speakerphone key and VVM will go to the speaker.

It's a little stupid - or maybe just different - but when you think about it - the speakerphone really is the ALT function for that key.
    05-06-10 10:11 AM
    thank you, yes i know that, its a pain in the a$$, since I'm getting hundreds of voice mails
    05-06-10 02:27 PM
    Hold the ALT key down and then hit the speakerphone key and VVM will go to the speaker.

It's a little stupid - or maybe just different - but when you think about it - the speakerphone really is the ALT function for that key.
    Wow!!! this is really good to know, thank you for this trick, at list better then go to menu then scroll down to hot activate...at the time all those done your message is done also Lol
    thank you so much for this again
    05-06-10 02:29 PM
    thanxxxxxxxxx
    05-07-10 03:12 AM
    back on .593 after a couple days with .656.... signal and wifi seem more stable with .593.... wasn't bad with .656, but noticed some lag with wifi, and seemed to jump back and forth a tiny bit (both between cell and wifi, and Edge and 3G... not much, but noticeable.... something that didn't happen at all with .593.... so back for now)
    05-07-10 10:02 PM
    Heloo, my first bold 9700 here and just upgraded to .593
    Is top right button (in .330 as stand by mode) has a zero function?
    I read some people said it use for silent profile..

05-08-10 02:38 AM
    Heloo, my first bold 9700 here and just upgraded to .593
    Is top right button (in .330 as stand by mode) has a zero function?
    I read some people said it use for silent profile..

The new way, and way the device was intended to be used, is well described here

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

05-08-10 04:13 AM
    The new way, and way the device was intended to be used, is well described here

I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!

Whoo.. Thank's for you

05-08-10 04:37 AM
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    we do this step when I install os on my computer? I def cant find common files in my computer grr
    05-08-10 12:38 PM
    Software For BlackBerry� Bold (TM) 9700 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1022 (EastAsia)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1022
    Consisting of:

Applications: 5.0.0.593

Software Platform: 5.1.0.147

File name: 9700jEastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1022_PL5.1.0.147_A5.0.0. 593_CSL_Limited_customers.exe

File size: 123.58MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software

Download AllLanguage version here

Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 9700:

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.

For anyone having trouble installing, there's plenty of pointers here:

Those two links r different OSs? I see one is All languages the other East Asian but the first one is O2 UK the other is CSL Limited. So which one to DL?
    05-08-10 10:07 PM
    Hooray pressing the "k" button password locks the device! (Dial From Home Screen needs to be turned off)
    05-08-10 10:09 PM
    Those two links r different OSs? I see one is All languages the other East Asian but the first one is O2 UK the other is CSL Limited. So which one to DL?
    It's the same OS, but the All Language has more languages to choose from. If you're like most, and need English, I'd DL the EastAsian, it's smaller.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*

05-09-10 12:07 AM
    It's the same OS, but the All Language has more languages to choose from. If you're like most, and need English, I'd DL the EastAsian, it's smaller.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*

Txs a million. DLing it now!
    05-09-10 12:15 AM
    after updating to .593, my Yahoo Mail icon turns to generic mail icon, any idea on how I can have the Yahoo Mail icon back?

tried battery pull a couple of times already.

and also, my boot up time is around 5-6mins, how about you guys?
    05-09-10 02:16 AM
    Hooray pressing the "k" button password locks the device! (Dial From Home Screen needs to be turned off)

nice tip!
    05-09-10 02:18 AM
    does this release have russian/cyrillic fonts? Also, is it loaded down with telenav or facebook or whatever other garbage?
    05-09-10 03:47 AM
    after updating to .593, my Yahoo Mail icon turns to generic mail icon, any idea on how I can have the Yahoo Mail icon back?

tried battery pull a couple of times already.

and also, my boot up time is around 5-6mins, how about you guys?
    Remove encryption and disable memory clean, then try rebooting again. Should be a little over 2 minutes.

From TBL, home of the
    "We Got Your Mom Dookie Faced
    on Mother's Day" mimosa special

05-09-10 08:21 AM
    Encryption and memory clean disabled but still 5mins

05-09-10 11:10 AM
    So can anybody help me with step 2? Is that on my computer that I'm supposed to look for it? Cuz I def can't find ugh

05-09-10 11:18 AM
    So can anybody help me with step 2? Is that on my computer that I'm supposed to look for it? Cuz I def can't find ugh

Let's try keeping it simple. It's on your PC, so do a search, including hidden files, for vendor.xml and delete any you find.

Happy Day
    From TBL, home of the
    "We Got Your Mom Dookie Faced
    on Mother's Day" mimosa special

05-09-10 11:42 AM
383 ... 1213141516
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD