Upgraded to this official version from the leaked one, cause my BB kept rebooting itself today. Weird. The good thing, though, is that Shazam is finally working for me on this OS. Didn't work on the leaked one, but it's totally working on this one. It set up and I even tried tagging some songs and it worked! SO glad to have this back. I'm not having any other issues with this official version so far.
    04-27-10 02:07 PM
    I don't get why shazam just wont work for me on this build, i've upgraded to the latest version (2.5.2) but is still doesn't work. Every permission is set to allow Any thoughts?

edit:
    Ok found out what the problem is, apparently I was installing "Shazam Encore 2.5.2" somehow this "encore" version doesn't work, just download it through shazam.com instead of through appworld and it should work.
    Last edited by bakk; 04-27-10 at 02:30 PM.
    04-27-10 02:19 PM
    this OS is working great for me, everithis is faster and i love the BIG letters don de caller ID
    04-27-10 03:27 PM
    does it have arabic language in it? also, in this build, does the lock button and the stand-by button fall under the same category? thankx for anyone's reply...thinkin about moving up, im runnin on .442 now and been going well with me, is the battery better on this build? thankx again to whoever replies! =)
    04-27-10 06:57 PM
    does it have arabic language in it? also, in this build, does the lock button and the stand-by button fall under the same category? thankx for anyone's reply...thinkin about moving up, im runnin on .442 now and been going well with me, is the battery better on this build? thankx again to whoever replies! =)
    There's an All Language download link on the first post. The top buttons now do as marked, lock/stand-by on the left, mute on the right. Battery life is completely subjective, so you might as well take the plunge, and see how it is after a couple days for you.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 07:11 PM
    thank you BigBadWulf , im dowloading it now..hope it comes thru right? anything i should be worried about? i have applications and themes...does anything differ?
    04-27-10 07:23 PM
    thank you BigBadWulf , im dowloading it now..hope it comes thru right? anything i should be worried about? i have applications and themes...does anything differ?
    Shazam has an update that was mentioned a few posts back, and a couple have said some apps either needed a battery pull to appear, or reinstall, but most onstalls have been darn smooth.

I hear tell you�re doin� well, good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm, and you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

04-27-10 08:19 PM
    Okay, I get to the apploader part where it tries to determine the port or something like that and there's nothing in the drop down box. What now? O.O

04-27-10 11:41 PM
    Okay, I get to the apploader part where it tries to determine the port or something like that and there's nothing in the drop down box. What now? O.O

Is it recognizing you're connecting your phone at all? You should get a box down by your clock that a device has been connected. Possibly you need to set admin rights for loader. Right click, properties, compatibility, run this program as an administrator.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*

04-28-10 08:03 AM
    One thing I noticed is that battery life seems to be reduced. :-(. Then again, I live on my phone...so I could be wrong.
    04-28-10 04:28 PM
    Installed today, no real difference at all. The boot time is slower than .351. No matter what theme I use, the desktop icon is the same, ruins most of the themes I have.
    04-28-10 05:01 PM
    so I'm going to try it out!!!!
    04-28-10 07:45 PM
    so all seems cool except gps is not working it is turned on not sure what else to try any ideas? i am using att if that helps thanks
    04-28-10 10:21 PM
    updated a few days ago from .3xx

man this battery life is worse, after two days, im down to 30%, but on the older fw i would stil have about 40~50% on the same usage.

Didnt notice the browser to be any faster either
    04-29-10 12:26 AM
    Alright so far it seems to be running alot faster....
    04-29-10 10:22 AM
    I have another problem with the 593. When I open my calender dates get carried to the following day. For example a friend's birthday is on June 1st birthday is listed on June 1st and June 2nd. I checked a few dates and they are all listed this way.

Anyone else is having the same problem?
    04-29-10 01:26 PM
    Hi,

Can someone please explain to me what is the point of upgrading your OS? I know nothing about OS... what is the differences and what/ how can they benefit my 9700?

Thanks
    04-29-10 06:13 PM
    Yep. Open App World. Click on the My World icon. Click the Menu and then Log In. Fill in your PayPal info (for ID only) and all your apps will load into My World.
    I am assuming this only works if I had set up my paypal info previously? Are there other solutions b/c now I do not get upgrade notifications for new versions of my apps.
    04-29-10 07:19 PM
    Hi,

Can someone please explain to me what is the point of upgrading your OS? I know nothing about OS... what is the differences and what/ how can they benefit my 9700?

Thanks
    For the average BB user, little if you have no problem with your current OS, for the "power" user, much more speed, better file free memory to start, and better memory garbage collection. For certain OS, it will correct issues, while some people have issues created from an upgrade. I'm guessing from your post you aren't a heavy user, so you may not notice any difference. It also would help, to know what OS you currently are running.

Click Here To Be Banned*

04-29-10 10:06 PM
    did it today... so far so good... only on EDGE.. dont show up 3g yet.. and the instant messaging folder was empty, just BBM was there!!! after battery pull still the same.. so any ideas wellcome.!
    04-29-10 10:50 PM
    Hey that happened to me too. 3G eventually sorted itself out on its own, but reinstall app world and then reinstall your instant messaging apps. Also you're gonna find BBM version 5.0.0 in your core apps. So redownload BBM and it will give you version 5.0.0.57? i think and it will go back to your add on apps. Hope that helps.
    04-29-10 11:04 PM
    I'm running V5.0.0.423 platform 5.1.0.116 according to my about the phone info. I followed the steps but it doesn't load the new sw. Running loader app from the folder never seems to work for me, I usually have to upgrade from the desktop manager program. Am I missing something?
    04-29-10 11:19 PM
    This bricked my phone!!! After I got it all sorted out, I tried to connect to App Loader in DM, and it says there was a fatal error when uploading the OS and I can't upload any apps through DM!
    04-30-10 10:06 AM
    I'm running V5.0.0.423 platform 5.1.0.116 according to my about the phone info. I followed the steps but it doesn't load the new sw. Running loader app from the folder never seems to work for me, I usually have to upgrade from the desktop manager program. Am I missing something?
    You need to disable your PC internet connection after downloading the OS, then install the OS, delete the vendor.xml file found in the AppLoader folder where loader.exe is. If that doesn't do it, run a search of your hard drive, including hidden files for a ghost copy of vendor.xml, that often is placed on your PC.

This bricked my phone!!! After I got it all sorted out, I tried to connect to App Loader in DM, and it says there was a fatal error when uploading the OS and I can't upload any apps through DM!
    Your the first person I recall having this issue. Uninstall the OS, delete the download exe, and start over again. Something had to have happened when downloading or installing it. You can run the install again, but if the exe is corrupt, you'll still have an issue. Better to start fresh.

I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!

04-30-10 12:19 PM
    I've never upgraded my OS before, but I'm contemplating doing so. Forgive me if this has been asked/answered previously, but will using an OS that's not an official release by my carrier void my warranty?

TIA
    04-30-10 12:23 PM
383 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD