WHERE IS MY GPS icon on this new OS, can;t seem to locate it anywhere
    04-22-10 08:44 PM
    are you using MeterBerry?
    No, I am just using the value presented on the status screen. I suppose I should really look for a more accurate measurement.....
    04-22-10 08:51 PM
    Anyone knows how to make smaller caller ID ( number and name from caller) I mean font is bigger now then on other .os version.

Thanks
    I don't know if it's theme related, I've had that problem (if you want to call it that), with at least one OS, but not this one. Seems to only be some of the people effected.

Can anyone confirm that sms preview is available (like via hidden today themes) on this build?
    TIA

Barely text, so I can't help you there.

Do you mean BBMaps icon? There is no GPS icon I can recall ever seeing. The BBMaps icon should be there, unless the lbs ribbon didn't load.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 09:30 PM
    Anyone knows how to make smaller caller ID ( number and name from caller) I mean font is bigger now then on other .os version.

Thanks
    i have this weirdness too lol BIG fonts
    04-22-10 09:31 PM
    Anyone notice that when you go to look at a contacts phone number by pressing the trackpad, it dials the number instead of viewing the number....?
    04-22-10 11:19 PM
    Anyone notice that when you go to look at a contacts phone number by pressing the trackpad, it dials the number instead of viewing the number....?
    Not on mine. I highlight the contact and press the trackpad and it shows the contact info.
    04-22-10 11:49 PM
    Can anyone confirm that sms preview is available (like via hidden today themes) on this build?
    Yup, it's there... unfortunately it still displays read messages too.

If you mean your GPS settings, that's changed to...

Options > Advanced Options > Location Settings
    04-23-10 12:09 AM
    Well, I tried this for a while and its not for me. I had 2 major issues with it:

#1 Im already in a low signal area so I was used to occasionally dropping calls but since updating my signal quality is WAY worse than what it was not to mention the call quality is so bad its appalling. I can barely even hear ppl bc its cutting out so bad.

#2 (and this may be minor to some) but I play music on my BB regularly, since the update everytime Im playing music if I get a text or facebook alert it automatically pauses my music until I go back into the media player and restart it. Thats very annoying considering I get about 200 FB alerts daily. It didnt do that with my prev software so back to downgrade I go. Good luck to everyone else.
    04-23-10 05:48 AM
    Not on mine. I highlight the contact and press the trackpad and it shows the contact info.
    Hmmm... maybe its a carrier issue? Can anyone else confirm this with tmobile on the new .593 OS?

As soon as I click the trackpad to view a number for a contact, it instantly dials it instead of viewing the number.
    04-23-10 08:26 AM
    Hmmm... maybe its a carrier issue? Can anyone else confirm this with tmobile on the new .593 OS?

As soon as I click the trackpad to view a number for a contact, it instantly dials it instead of viewing the number.
    i'm running on T-Mo US, with .593 and it doesn't automatically dial... goes into the contact details, and from there if i click the number, it pops up the menu (so i can chose, call, sms, etc...)
    04-23-10 08:44 AM
    Damn, anyone know how I can fix this issue?
    04-23-10 10:47 AM
    This firmware is simply amazing on my BlackBerry. Speedy browser, stable 2G and 3G. Memory is holding as it always had, around the 106MB mark.

Unlikely I will be changing to a newer firmware until OS 6.0 or webkit browser becomes available. If its not broke, don't think it.

Now if only Shazam would get off their arses and fix their application.
    Just got word from the folks at Shazam that they have updated their BB app to 2.5.2 today (April 23rd).

It will work with .566/.593 now.
    04-23-10 10:56 AM
    Well, I tried this for a while and its not for me. I had 2 major issues with it:

#1 Im already in a low signal area so I was used to occasionally dropping calls but since updating my signal quality is WAY worse than what it was not to mention the call quality is so bad its appalling. I can barely even hear ppl bc its cutting out so bad.

#2 (and this may be minor to some) but I play music on my BB regularly, since the update everytime Im playing music if I get a text or facebook alert it automatically pauses my music until I go back into the media player and restart it. Thats very annoying considering I get about 200 FB alerts daily. It didnt do that with my prev software so back to downgrade I go. Good luck to everyone else.

Mine plays on right thru texts, yahoo and BBM messages... I dont have facebook to test that one.
    04-23-10 10:56 AM
    i'm running on T-Mo US, with .593 and it doesn't automatically dial... goes into the contact details, and from there if i click the number, it pops up the menu (so i can chose, call, sms, etc...)
    I figured it out. I was using the hold (green) call button to pull up the contacts. When I changed the left conv key to contacts, its able to view the numbers by clicking the trackpad.
    04-23-10 11:00 AM
    Thats weird.. when I first got my phone (OS .330) it would do the same thing, but the new OS .593 fixed that problem.
    04-23-10 11:04 AM
    same here... mine keeps playing... maybe there's a setting... i have bothered to check since it does what i want (ie. not stop)
    04-23-10 11:05 AM
    figured it out... hope this OS runs well!
    Last edited by Bwadd; 04-23-10 at 12:13 PM.
    04-23-10 11:59 AM
    Lock button missing any ideas how I can get it back..?

I read through all the posts discussing the left top button lock/standby etc... but I always use the lock icon aswell.. now its gone!
    04-23-10 01:03 PM
    Mine plays on right thru texts, yahoo and BBM messages... I dont have facebook to test that one.
    Initially I thought it was just FB that did it but I sent myself email and sms and it paused it as well. I dunno why.

Thats weird.. when I first got my phone (OS .330) it would do the same thing, but the new OS .593 fixed that problem.
    Miine never did with any other versions.

same here... mine keeps playing... maybe there's a setting... i have bothered to check since it does what i want (ie. not stop)
    I thought it was a setting too but I looked in every setting section I cud think of and nothing changed it. For whatever reason os .593 doesnt like me. It did do a nice thing and give me auto preview of my text just by mousing over the icon so I will miss that and it was faster data, I cud even get over the music thing, but the call quality was just too bad to tolerate. I downgraded back to .586 and have made several calls and quality is good again so....I dunno. Guess I'll wait for the next os upgrade and cross my fingers
    04-23-10 04:36 PM
    is there any way to turn off the sms preview? this is the worst possible way to implement it. what sense does it make to fill your screen with every sms? especially when they've already been read?!
    04-23-10 05:24 PM
    Hey, so I tried searching the thread and was unable to find an answer, but with BES and personal email, are they in the same inbox or a different one? I'm on .351 as it has two separate inboxes. I get like 200 emails on my work's BES email a day, and also have my personal email on my phone, so it's REALLY important to me to have the inboxes separate. I know that a release shortly after .351 did not have separate inboxes, so I didn't upgrade, but I decided it's time to get with the times and upgrade if there are two separate inboxes.

Thanks!
    04-23-10 07:32 PM
    I've run this OS for a week now. These are the issues I've had:
    1. Signal reception is very, very bad. Mine changes occasionally to gprs instead of GPRS (sometimes it even goes to GSM), so I can't connect to the internet or use BBM. When I'm in a bad signal area, the signal is lost and when I go back to a good signal area, I have to restart the phone (turning off and on again via "manage connections" doesn't work), although a battery pull is not necessary. This is the most annoying issue ever.
    2. Startup time takes forever. I did a battery pull yesterday, and the phone started up in 7 (seven) minutes.
    3. Battery life isn't great. When it's fully charged, the battery drains quickly. But then the rate slows down. I've never experienced a flat battery in one day although I use the phone almost all the time, but the battery meter worries me.

Aside from those issues, this is a great build. Everything is faster, and it fixes the "black screen with clock" issue on .545.
    04-23-10 09:03 PM
    this build works great, going to stick with this one for awhile. sms bug is fixed. only issue i have is the big fonts on the calling screen, cant see my number lol oh wells,
    04-23-10 10:06 PM
    What files can I delete in the apploader folder?
    04-24-10 08:25 AM
    What files can I delete in the apploader folder?
    Just the one... the Vendor.xml file right at the bottom of the list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 08:31 AM
383 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD