can anyone who runs this official 593 OS check if visual voice mail can be listen through speaker not earpiece, I'm running leaked version of this OS and I'm not able to listen through speakers, i posted this before but got no answer, I;m just curious if its only me having this problem
    04-21-10 10:57 AM
    Updated to 593, having a few problems. App world went missing, but I know this is an easy fix. another thing is that network keeps switching between 3G and GPRS, sometimes it jus stays at GPRS even though I am in an area with excellent 3G connection. Lastly, my browser seems to be hit as well. I can only open links from emails, msn, bbm, etc, and that is the furthest page I can go to. I can't click on any button on the page being opened, or hit 'enter' to search, for example on homepage google. Is this isolated? Or is there anyone having the same issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 11:04 AM
    One small glitch I've noticed..When I'm on the home screen of my device, my wifi icon is lit up white when connected. If I hit the BB button and it takes me to the applications screen, the wifi gray's out. Going back to the homescreen puts at white again.
    04-21-10 11:22 AM
    hi, got a question
    i always set my sms delivery repot on.

on previous OS, it always shown a "tick" sign when i sent an sms, then when its delivered it shows "d" above it, similar to the BBM.

but in this OS, it didnt show the "d" it only shows the "tick" sign even if the sms is actually already recieved on the recepient.

can anyone confirm this ?
    04-21-10 11:54 AM
    I upgraded to software version 5.0.0.593 and have not experienced this problem. I always get a tick when sent and a 'D' when delivered.
    04-21-10 01:25 PM
    Well, I wake up to a App Error 523 message on my phone just now... luckily I was able to catch it at the right time of the power cycling process to quickly back up my data and 3rd party apps. I already downloaded .593 last night, so I guess i'm about to wipe with jl_cmder, and load .593. Wish me luck!
    04-21-10 01:44 PM
    Updated to 593, Network keeps switching between 3G and GPRS, sometimes it jus stays at GPRS even though I am in an area with excellent 3G connection.
    I experience the same problem after upgrading to .593. I fixed it by changing my Network Selection Mode to manual 3G (in my case Vodafone 3G) and then putting it back to automatic. To complete this task go to�
    Manage Connections/Mobile Network Options/Network Selection Mode/Manual� select your 3G network and retain the profile for a few minutes before repeating the same process to revert back to Automatic.
    04-21-10 01:45 PM
    hi, got a question
    i always set my sms delivery repot on.

on previous OS, it always shown a "tick" sign when i sent an sms, then when its delivered it shows "d" above it, similar to the BBM.

but in this OS, it didnt show the "d" it only shows the "tick" sign even if the sms is actually already recieved on the recepient.

can anyone confirm this ?
    it's an option in the SMS settings... when in SMS, hit the BB button, then Options... the "Delivery Report" feature is off by default... turn it on and the 'd' will appear on your sent sms messages from that point on...

works on mine (but i had to turn it on)... maybe yours got turned off when you updated...
    04-21-10 03:52 PM
    you know what.. the sms delivery report option seems to turn itself off... i had it on and now it's off... odd...
    04-21-10 04:18 PM
    Anybody have all their messenger apps (except for BBM) deleted after upgrading? I don't really care since I don't use them, but they all just disappeared. And no, they're not hidden. Had the same thing happen with App World but I was just able to reinstall that and have the icon pop back up.
    04-21-10 05:05 PM
    i really need to understand the new standby / lock feature of the new os's.

currently i am accustom to hitting the lock button and my phone locks automatically. thats the most important thing for me. i want to hit a button and have it lock automatically. then i can also hold mute and have it go into standby. this feature is not that big a deal to me.

now, here's my understanding of how the new os's work. PLEASE, correct me where i am wrong. i believe now that holding the mute button does nothing. but instead to get to standby u just his the lock button. my issue is that i believe that when u hit the lock button and it goes into standby, the phone doesn't lock automatically, it uses the lock after a certain # of minutes thing. which means if i put the fone in standby and left it on the desk, within lets say 3 mins if someone picked it up they could have access to everything.

is this right?

if i am right, then any suggestions to get the fone to automatically lock when it goes into standby with the new way of doing things
    04-21-10 05:06 PM
    Anybody have all their messenger apps (except for BBM) deleted after upgrading? I don't really care since I don't use them, but they all just disappeared. And no, they're not hidden. Had the same thing happen with App World but I was just able to reinstall that and have the icon pop back up.
    I upgraded last nite and I noticed that as well. The only app that was listed im messengers was bbm. I had to redownload yahoo IM however it told me I already had it and asked did I want to replace and I had to say yes. Same thing with AppWorld. I thought it was just me.
    04-21-10 05:32 PM
    The lock is stand-by, and the mute (left top) is for when on a call, or listening to media.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

04-21-10 05:33 PM
    This firmware is simply amazing on my BlackBerry. Speedy browser, stable 2G and 3G. Memory is holding as it always had, around the 106MB mark.

Unlikely I will be changing to a newer firmware until OS 6.0 or webkit browser becomes available. If its not broke, don't think it.

Now if only Shazam would get off their arses and fix their application.
    Last edited by BerryUK; 04-22-10 at 10:42 AM.
    04-22-10 06:59 AM
    Hm, I came from .453 or something. The mute key to put the phone in standby doesn't seem to be working. Any solutions? Or is RIM actually calling this a feature instead of a bug?

Edit: ah, I see that Lock/Standby are now the same button. So I'm assuming keypad/screen lock also puts things in low power mode..
    Last edited by runlsd; 04-22-10 at 11:16 AM. Reason: found an answer
    04-22-10 11:14 AM
    Oh for heaven's sake, RIM should add a message when you upgrade. Its not a bug, they have changed the way standby works. The mute key should never ever been a standby button.

If you read the thread (Heck if you look a only 2 posts up) your find the answer:

The lock key is stand-by, and the mute is for when on a call, or listening to media.
    04-22-10 11:21 AM
    The lock is stand-by, and the mute (left top) is for when on a call, or listening to media.
    the way it should have been all along
    04-22-10 11:51 AM
    Anybody's contacts receiving blank texts?

My friend's Samsung touchscreen receives texts like t h I s for every word.

Some crappy Verizon keyboard phones are receiving blanks.

Most notably, palm pre friends are also seeing blank SMS.

Iphone & other BlackBerrys no problems.

04-22-10 12:22 PM
    Anybody's contacts receiving blank texts?

My friend's Samsung touchscreen receives texts like t h I s for every word.

Some crappy Verizon keyboard phones are receiving blanks.

Most notably, palm pre friends are also seeing blank SMS.

Iphone & other BlackBerrys no problems.

mad, I think you need to stick to friends, with quality devices. Haven't seen you in a while bud

I hear tell you�re doin� well, good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm, and you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

04-22-10 12:42 PM
    I tried this build for awhile and had the worst issues for it loosing signal. Otherwise a great build.
    04-22-10 01:44 PM
    odd... as i have signal where I didn't (or very weak)... definitely a major improvement in RF for me (on T-Mo)...
    04-22-10 01:49 PM
    For those wondering about battery life with this OS....
    I removed the 9700 from the charging dock at 5:30pm on the 20th. It is now 5:30pm on the 22nd. I have made 1hr 51min of calls, had bluetooth on the entire 48 hrs, WiFi on ~24 hrs and browsed/played around with the phone for ~ 1 1/2 hours.
    I'm sitting on 40% battery now as reported thru Options/Status.
    I realize that this is just one test on one device and my usage habits aren't your usage habits but I thought it beat the heck out of a generic comment of "battery life is great".
    04-22-10 04:33 PM
    are you using MeterBerry? just curious if it's reporting correctly at 1.25%/hr... as you've used 60% in 48 hrs.... 60/48 = 1.25 avg

i just got (back) into a 9700 and can't put it down most of the day... constantly browsing, FB'ing, etc... getting 2.5%/hr and i'm happy with that even (running .593)

cheers
    04-22-10 04:39 PM
    Anyone knows how to make smaller caller ID ( number and name from caller) I mean font is bigger now then on other .os version.

Thanks
    04-22-10 06:50 PM
    Can anyone confirm that sms preview is available (like via hidden today themes) on this build?
    TIA

04-22-10 06:53 PM
383 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD