Sad for me . This Os is not suitable for me . Dc's from BIS everytime , youtube lags . phone freezes every now and then . memory dropped to 90+ mb . decided to go back to 586 . Because that is a stable os for me . the memory there is 120+ with all apps same in 593
    04-19-10 06:48 AM
    anyone can confirm this that shazam + .593 CSL doesnt work ?

i use .593 CSL and shazam doesnt work, everythime i load it , it kick me out to home screen

anybody with same problem ?
    04-19-10 10:07 AM
    The "cracked" version of whatsapp doesnt work on .593 either, whether the leak or csl. it worked on .545
    04-19-10 10:26 AM
    can anyone else chime in on UMA calling?
    also, which version of bbm does this come with?
    With this OS the sound quality on UMA is pretty bad, even worse if you are using Bluetooth at the same time. If you rely on UMA on a fairly regular basis I would recommend taking a pass on this OS.
    04-19-10 11:31 AM
    anyone can confirm this that shazam + .593 CSL doesnt work ?

i use .593 CSL and shazam doesnt work, everythime i load it , it kick me out to home screen

anybody with same problem ?
    its a known issue on this OS version
    04-19-10 12:21 PM
    Its an issue with Shazam itself, not the OS. they need to update their app.
    04-19-10 05:41 PM
    my 2 bits.....

i think the top lweft button handling locking and standby is great. glad those functions got seperated from the pause/mute.
    my issue is "autostandby" does not work any more...... any help in that matter would be great.

pin: 21d96089
    the other issue i have is when i dial extensions after dialing numbers or if i dial via a phone card the numbers i dial after it connects do not show on the screen......

most important is the autostandby...........someone know how this could be resolved??????

pls pin or email me.
    04-19-10 06:34 PM
    Been did that, I followed all steps but no OS upgrade was noticed and I don't know why...Thanks for the try though
    If you are using windows 7, you have to right click on the app loader and select "run as administrator" for it to upgrade the OS. I had the same problem with my first upgrade. This has worked every time for me since someone told me about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 01:17 AM
    Anybody having an issue with Search not finding/scanning Contacts?

04-20-10 06:44 AM
    Been using for about a week now and it's been great except for one annoying thing! When I wake up my phone from the password lock screen to check the time, sometimes it doesn't update! It'll show me the last time that was on the clock when I lock the phone, not the current time. I do battery pulls after the first time it occurs but it always seems to come back.

Can anyone help me out or explain why this might be happening?

Thanks!

04-20-10 06:48 AM
    I'm currently on .593 since this is so far best OS for me.. but it still has problems... i experience GRPS-EDGE-3G switching during calls. Same thing happened on .586.
    my phone came with .330 but that version has WiFi broken.. if you use static IP it doesn't connect to my router.. only DHCP works. Same problem with .432 however WiFi works fine with .586 and 593... also my friend is reporting some bug while texting.. it happens that after he recives SMS he can't open it.. he needs to restart the phone. I hope RIM wipes bugs ASAP!
    04-20-10 09:21 AM
    one thing I noticed with my 9700 running .593... wifi (remembered networks) connects super fast - seems like on .330 and .442 that it would take FOREVER...
    04-20-10 09:32 AM
    I just updated the OS to .593. I had a password set on mine and was used to pushing the top right button to standby and top left to lock. Now that it doesnt work anymore, how do I lock my phone? I pushed the top left and it goes into standby, but doesnt lock.
    04-20-10 10:24 AM
    I just updated the OS to .593. I had a password set on mine and was used to pushing the top right button to standby and top left to lock. Now that it doesnt work anymore, how do I lock my phone? I pushed the top left and it goes into standby, but doesnt lock.
    The new way, and way the device was intended to be used, is well described here

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

04-20-10 11:44 AM
    one thing I noticed with my 9700 running .593... wifi (remembered networks) connects super fast - seems like on .330 and .442 that it would take FOREVER...
    yeah it was definitely something wrong with WiFi in previous released OSes. i know that in .330 and .442 wasn't working as it should for me.
    04-20-10 12:53 PM
    mine did the same thing... all it does is bring up a list of applications and the action is non for all of them?
    1. Download OS to your PC
    2. Install OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    4. Connect BB to Desktop Manager
    5. Right-click the "Loader" file (in the aforementioned folder) and opt for "Run as administrator" and that should load the upgrade.
    6. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete the upgrade.

Job done!
    04-20-10 01:54 PM
    i think it takes 1 minute to timeout then the password is needed... i think that's what i read somewhere else... could be wrong...

i personally like the new layout vs the old one... using the mute button to put in sleep mode was completely stupid
    04-20-10 03:18 PM
    can anybody confirm that japanese input is working on this version? the previous versions with japanese only had it displaying the text, not input. thanks.
    04-20-10 04:39 PM
    Having an issue with the radio and bbm. My calls are chipping in and out, and this is through towers, I haven't tried UMA as yet. As for my bbm, it keeps dropping/losing my contacts. I just downgraded to .65 hopefully that'll fix it if not I'll go back further.
    Does anyone have a suggestion regarding the radio issue though?
    04-20-10 10:24 PM
    Okay, I just did the update. During the process, I got the white screen and 507 error for about one minute. Then it went away and the process went on as usual. So far, the phone is booted up and running fine. What should I do?
    04-20-10 10:40 PM
    The radio is a surprise. Almost everyone has had good results with that.

When you install a new OS, the phone gets wiped as part of the process. There's nothing you should do but be happy it went well.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

04-20-10 10:50 PM
    Anyone whose upgraded from .545 notice any significant improvements and/or problems with this OS?
    04-21-10 02:56 AM
    Upgraded from .586, 5 hours ago. No issues so far.

But I now have SMS showing in my today area Really cool. And not just the new ones, it is showing the last ones (as ie your top 5 in the sms app....)

This is really great, I have tons of ideas exploding in my head about new themes utilizing this new behaviour

(And just as I thought I had madde one that I would stick with..........)

Only lost 1-2 Mb in the process, I had 118 and now it is 116 and it still rock steady..

It is still not showing which mail folder (Desktop/Gmail Plugin) has new mail if You choose "None" i Display Message Count and Today view is not enabled for those either

But hey, all in all I'm pretty satisfied

Mio
    04-21-10 08:27 AM
    Yeah I'm giving it a day to see if the radio issue is software related, then downgrade to my previous 545. So far everything else is working well. Downgrading to bbm 65 fixed the contact leak.
    04-21-10 09:15 AM
    The radio is a surprise. Almost everyone has had good results with that.
    definitely have the best signal quality i've ever had... that's for sure!

(and wifi connection is instaneous... no lag like before... so that's another improvement seemingly from .593)
    04-21-10 09:28 AM
383 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD