Ahhh gotcha evanism

Not quite true on #3 as I posted official all language and multilanguage versions some time ago... but they got moved to the bowels of the OS Discussion Forum

http://forums.crackberry.com/f151/ne...lllang-454667/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hey guys, i just installed the all languages firmware. i noticed the boot up time is doubled compared to .545. the loading bar stuck at 3/4 for a long while then continuous. is this normal? cheers
    04-18-10 12:20 PM
    I'm running the .545 OS and have had no issues at all regarding this OS. I'm seeing that the .593 OS is now official. I had d/l this OS when it was leaked and some issues with google maps finding my location and also shazam not working.

Does anyone know if in this now official OS, if these issues were corrected?

04-18-10 12:22 PM
    hey guys, i just installed the all languages firmware. i noticed the boot up time is doubled compared to .545. the loading bar stuck at 3/4 for a long while then continuous. is this normal? cheers
    If that was your first reboot after the OS install, then yes it's normal.
    Should get faster.

I'm running the .545 OS and have had no issues at all regarding this OS. I'm seeing that the .593 OS is now official. I had d/l this OS when it was leaked and some issues with google maps finding my location and also shazam not working.

Does anyone know if in this now official OS, if these issues were corrected?
    Leaked = Official

Never had a problem with Google Maps, so can't comment.
    Shazam need to sort themselves out, nothing to do with the OS.
    04-18-10 12:47 PM
    It's not the same, though similar. You could uninstall DM, and still load the OS. If it's not the ghost vendor file, make sure your internet connection is disabled. That doesn't do it, you need a full wipe. I use this:

WAPers do it With A Passion
    At CrackBerry, I bring good search to life.
    Click Here To Be Banned* I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

I dont think it has to do anything with the device itself, there's something on my computer thats preventing an updated loader.exe. For example, when I installed the OS, the "DATE MODIFIED" section says "4/18/2010" for the folders and for vendor.xml is "4/12/2010" but the apploader.exe as well as many others are still the old "2/11/2010" which is always been like that. I deleted the files there and uninstalled the previous versions, still not working.

help?
    04-18-10 01:09 PM
    I dont think it has to do anything with the device itself, there's something on my computer thats preventing an updated loader.exe. For example, when I installed the OS, the "DATE MODIFIED" section says "4/18/2010" for the folders and for vendor.xml is "4/12/2010" but the apploader.exe as well as many others are still the old "2/11/2010" which is always been like that. I deleted the files there and uninstalled the previous versions, still not working.

help?
    Forget the dates, they're meaningless.

Try this... http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/pr...ade-os-455897/... works for MANY!
    04-18-10 01:14 PM
    Sorry, I wish I could help you joju, but I don't use vvm.

Azn, you need to run a search on your PC for vendor.xml, including hidden files, and delete the one(s) you find.

I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

no problem at all buddy
    04-18-10 01:49 PM
    Joju58 this from another blackberry forum Ok wow. For those of you that are having the same issue, this is a good solution. So i dont know if its a carriers issue or a phone issue, but i took Moralased's advice and removed my battery for 5 minutes then took out my sim card for a few seconds. & what do ya know? its starts to work fine again! I swear battery pulls fix anything! but i hope this issue doesnt come back again... "knock on wood" maybe it might work for you..
    thank you for your advise
    04-18-10 01:50 PM
    Alright, so I purchased a Bold 9700 yesterday from T-Mobile and it came with .330. I decided to install .593, and I can say it has better UMA connectivity. It is lacking Mobile Backup, which wasn't on .330, but it was available on .592 for the Curve 8900. It's not really a big deal since I back it up to my computer anyways, but other than that, this is a solid operating system version.
    04-18-10 02:16 PM
    You're welcome Joju58 ..fyi I have found that youmail works much better on my 9700 then vvm you might want to check it out.
    04-18-10 03:01 PM
    My only issue is while on a call, its seems that the person I'm on the phone with can't hear me sometimes, while I hear them just fine... anyone else? I'm about to wipe it again and reinstall.
    04-18-10 03:07 PM
    You're welcome Joju58 ..fyi I have found that youmail works much better on my 9700 then vvm you might want to check it out.
    i had it before, thx anyway
    04-18-10 03:28 PM
    I was wondering if anyone has the pixelated pics. I upgraded to this os, because i thought that it solved that problem. When i first loaded it, everything was fine. Then a couple of hours later, it went back to the old way. Does anyone have a solution?
    04-18-10 03:56 PM
    I was wondering if anyone has the pixelated pics. I upgraded to this os, because i thought that it solved that problem. When i first loaded it, everything was fine. Then a couple of hours later, it went back to the old way. Does anyone have a solution?
    I had exactly the same experience.

Thought it was fixed, then a couple of hours later... pixelation returned.

No fix, other than pressing 1 while viewing
    04-18-10 04:04 PM
    ok so the same work around, as before. Thanks for the quick reply. It's funny cause my bold 9000 with the wind hellas os, loads them in full view, and they load just as fast as my 9700 with the less pixels.
    04-18-10 04:06 PM
    I'm curious, since I don't have the pixelation issue. Could you tell me what SD card you're using? I'm using the one that came with my Onyx, small that it is.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*

04-18-10 04:38 PM
    I'm curious, since I don't have the pixelation issue. Could you tell me what SD card you're using? I'm using the one that came with my Onyx, small that it is.
    Just an 8Gb SanDisk MicroSD HC here.

Don't think it's the card though, as I never had this problem pre about .423 using the same card.
    04-18-10 04:46 PM
    Ya'll have to stop talking me into these upgrades
    I was running .545 and was pretty happy. Battery life was AWESOME. But I had the occasional issue with notifications not working. And every now and then I had an app that wouldn't close. For example I would turn off WIFI and the icon would gray out but not disappear. Or no matter how many times I selected "close" on BBlight it still showed up in the quick launcher as active. Hopefully the last hour spent upgrading and getting all the apps set back up and working will prove to be worth it. Now, if RIM would just give us the option to not have threaded SMS.......
    04-18-10 05:27 PM
    Does anyone here use iloveblackberry?

Is there anyway to have the usage data transfer over when doing an OS update?
    04-18-10 05:57 PM
    Yey! I can go onto Youtube!

Sorry, I couldnt help myself, my older OS wouldnt work with Youtube.
    04-18-10 07:04 PM
    Iv had this build for 3 weeks now and now my battery is draining quickly, anyone else? Any suggestions?

04-18-10 08:38 PM
    For those who want either or both Multilang and EastAsia version.

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1022 (All Languages)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1022
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 5.0.0.593
    * Software Platform: 5.1.0.147
    * File name: 9700jAllLang_PBr5.0.0_rel1022_PL5.1.0.147_A5.0.0.5 93_O2_UK.exe
    * File size: 152.54MB

Download : https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B73B97E1AAA491

Edit: I think post #1 should include this for those who seek either Multilang or EastAsia.
    Last edited by fusioncal; 04-18-10 at 09:13 PM.
    04-18-10 09:11 PM

Consisting of:

Edit: I think post #1 should include this for those who seek either Multilang or EastAsia.
    What's the difference? You would think multi-language would include east asian?
    04-18-10 09:17 PM
    Just an 8Gb SanDisk MicroSD HC here.

Don't think it's the card though, as I never had this problem pre about .423 using the same card.
    Is it a class 6? Just seems odd not everyone has the problem. Maybe an app is doing it, maybe it's just dang quirky java.

Consisting of:

Good suggestion, and done.

What's the difference? You would think multi-language would include east asian?
    All language contains every one that's in Multi, and EastAsian, plus a few more to boot.

I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!

04-18-10 09:45 PM
    I was on .593 leaked OS and experiencing bad BIS connection because it does not go to GPRS from 3G.

Until one day, i decided to have it downgraded to .446 and used this official .593 OS by using loader.exe.

Wow, it is so stable now as my BIS connection is quite stable.

The only weird situation is that, whenever I use BB Browser (i set my BB Browser to TCP/IP instead of BIS), it will be become 3G. Everything is fine until i close my browser.

After waiting for quite sometime, it still stated at 3G without the BB Logo (not connected at all)

So, i have to turn off my network and on it again in order to have the BIS connect back.

Does anyone experiencing this situation?
    04-18-10 11:33 PM
    I have problems with music player, it gets in pause for nothing, have happened?
    04-19-10 03:25 AM
383 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD