i posted previously this and i don't see anyone replied on it...about listening vvm its not giving me an option to listen through speakers on this 593 version, had no problem on all other previous versions, anyopne else have this issue? or anyone knows how to fix this? sorry if it was discussed before, i googled it but nothing found
    04-17-10 10:04 PM
    I cant update!!I uninstall the previous versions/softwares and it still showing there is no update for it!! mine is .545 right now and wanna upgrade to .593. Plz help!!!I deleted the vendor.xml. And I uninstalled all previous versions....still has the same "apploader.exe" and stuff. I reinstalled it twice already too.

help?
    04-17-10 10:48 PM
    I cant update!!I uninstall the previous versions/softwares and it still showing there is no update for it!! mine is .545 right now and wanna upgrade to .593. Plz help!!!I deleted the vendor.xml. And I uninstalled all previous versions....still has the same "apploader.exe" and stuff. I reinstalled it twice already too.

help?
    Sorry, I wish I could help you joju, but I don't use vvm.

Azn, you need to run a search on your PC for vendor.xml, including hidden files, and delete the one(s) you find.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 04-17-10 at 11:37 PM.
    04-17-10 11:35 PM
    Joju58 this from another blackberry forum Ok wow. For those of you that are having the same issue, this is a good solution. So i dont know if its a carriers issue or a phone issue, but i took Moralased's advice and removed my battery for 5 minutes then took out my sim card for a few seconds. & what do ya know? its starts to work fine again! I swear battery pulls fix anything! but i hope this issue doesnt come back again... "knock on wood" maybe it might work for you..
    04-18-10 12:03 AM
    Sorry, I wish I could help you joju, but I don't use vvm.

Azn, you need to run a search on your PC for vendor.xml, including hidden files, and delete the one(s) you find.

I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

how's that going to help? because the apploader.exe is still the same one over and over. And the search cant find it.
    04-18-10 12:46 AM
    Just a general question about upgrading OSs.

I have some themes currently installed on my phone, I was wondering if I followed all instructions and upgraded the OS, that if these themes would be lost and I'd have to download them again?
    04-18-10 01:43 AM
    Been on .593 for a while now -- only annoying thing I've seen thus far is the red asterisk!!

In previous builds when a new email/message came in the top notification showed how many outstanding emails you had PLUS a red star/asterisk.

When you opened the media -- be it email or text message the count would remain -- e.g. 536 unread emails -- but the red asterisk would disappear.

NOW on .593 it does not.

Anyone else confirm? Kind of bothering me.

Thanks.
    Last edited by arbituator; 04-18-10 at 02:21 AM.
    04-18-10 02:19 AM
    Anybody been having profile/ringtone issues? I had it with 545 and now leaked 593 - my chosen ringtone (a mp3 from my phone) only sounds every now and then when I get a call - otherwise it defaults to the tmobile ring -
    I have 16GB sd - no issues with the ringtones prior. I even tried moving to the internal mem etc - still same issue every now and then. Anyone else having this or similar issue?

Ok so the ringtone issue - user error. Apparently trying to put my ringtones on my device mem so it doesn't matter what sd card I have in - doesn't work for rim

See on thing I dislike about the profile/ringtone on the 545 is the ringtone stopping as soon as i pull the phone out of the holster and then continuing from begining after a few seconds...if that issue is fixed for me then I will upgrade to this new one
    04-18-10 02:25 AM
    Well of course -- Right as a I post that I hard reboot for the latest pandora -- besides the weirdest sms shuffle bug I have ever seen the red asterisk disappears as it is supposed to...

Sigh
    04-18-10 02:26 AM
    For some reason I decided to install this east asian version over my prev OS, which is the .593 leaked all language one. First thing I noticed, 3G signal was poor, and the file free app memory was 105mb instead of the prev 110mb (with all similiar apps installed.) Gonna try it again as I'm paranoid, if not i'll head back to the leaked one!

EDIT: on my meterberry the discharge rate is higher with this eastasian one over the leaked. will continue to monitor
    Last edited by evanism; 04-18-10 at 06:22 AM.
    04-18-10 03:08 AM
    how's that going to help? because the apploader.exe is still the same one over and over. And the search cant find it.
    It's not the same, though similar. You could uninstall DM, and still load the OS. If it's not the ghost vendor file, make sure your internet connection is disabled. That doesn't do it, you need a full wipe. I use this:

At CrackBerry, I bring good search to life.
    Click Here To Be Banned* I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

04-18-10 07:33 AM
    For some reason I decided to install this east asian version over my prev OS, which is the .593 leaked all language one. First thing I noticed, 3G signal was poor, and the file free app memory was 105mb instead of the prev 110mb (with all similiar apps installed.) Gonna try it again as I'm paranoid, if not i'll head back to the leaked one!

EDIT: on my meterberry the discharge rate is higher with this eastasian one over the leaked. will continue to monitor
    Firstly, why did you decide to do that?
    Secondly, the radio file is probably different and not as good for you.
    Thirdly, your loss of memory is obviously due to the addition of the East Asia language pack.
    Fourthly, why roll back to a leaked all languages version when there's an official one, and an official multilanguage one?
    Finally, battery discharge rate is always higher after an OS install. Give it time to settle in.

04-18-10 07:51 AM
    guys any idea why does my memory drop to 96mb when on .586 mine is 131+?
    04-18-10 08:02 AM
    This is definitely the best upgrade by far... can't see me shifting from this one until theres a new feature added
    04-18-10 08:17 AM
    This is definitely the best upgrade by far... can't see me shifting from this one until theres a new feature added
    04-18-10 08:22 AM
    When I upgraded from .33 to .42 it enabled the myfaves on my tmobile Bold 9700 . Will this do the same. At first I didn't want the myfaves on my phone so I deleted the file and now I do. Its much easier to change thay as opposed to through the computer.

Thanks
    .330 to .423 (or .442)

There's no My Faves in this build.

04-18-10 09:01 AM
    so let me understand
    the right standby button is now mute only and no longer functions as a standby ?
    because mine doesn't function ...
    and the left "keylock" is now keylock +standby all together?
    because when i press on it i dont see the "going to standby" message it just blacksout
    04-18-10 09:02 AM
    Firstly, why did you decide to do that?
    Secondly, the radio file is probably different and not as good for you.
    Thirdly, your loss of memory is obviously due to the addition of the East Asia language pack.
    Fourthly, why roll back to a leaked all languages version when there's an official one, and an official multilanguage one?
    Finally, battery discharge rate is always higher after an OS install. Give it time to settle in.

Haha ok my case is pretty odd.

1) I decided to head for the official one because.... I just wanted something official, LOL! I've got OCD, yes.

2) Yea I'll see how it goes with the radio and I'll report back!

3) The reason I went east-asia and not multi-lang is because I use the east-asian languages and I was so excited when this came, so the only other .593 that offers me east-asian languages is the leaked All-lang .593 haha...
    04-18-10 09:09 AM
    so let me understand
    the right standby button is now mute only and no longer functions as a standby ?
    because mine doesn't function ...
    and the left "keylock" is now keylock +standby all together?
    because when i press on it i dont see the "going to standby" message it just blacksout
    Left button = keypad lock + standby

Right button = mute in calls + pause media

For those who don't believe the 'standby' feature is still there... check your events log

04-18-10 09:09 AM
    Haha ok my case is pretty odd.

1) I decided to head for the official one because.... I just wanted something official, LOL! I've got OCD, yes.

2) Yea I'll see how it goes with the radio and I'll report back!

3) The reason I went east-asia and not multi-lang is because I use the east-asian languages and I was so excited when this came, so the only other .593 that offers me east-asian languages is the leaked All-lang .593 haha...
    Ahhh gotcha evanism

Not quite true on #3 as I posted official all language and multilanguage versions some time ago... but they got moved to the bowels of the OS Discussion Forum

http://forums.crackberry.com/f151/ne...lllang-454667/

04-18-10 09:14 AM

For those who don't believe the 'standby' feature is still there... check your events log

Frankly this is how it should have behaved from ther beginning... I hated the old way... Didn't make sense... I really like the new top button functionality in .593

04-18-10 09:56 AM
    Ahhh gotcha evanism

Not quite true on #3 as I posted official all language and multilanguage versions some time ago... but they got moved to the bowels of the OS Discussion Forum

http://forums.crackberry.com/f151/ne...lllang-454667/

GOSH i totally missed that! Am downloading it now! Will give it a shot soon! Thanks Phil!
    04-18-10 10:40 AM

how do i check the event log ?
    04-18-10 11:17 AM
    how do i check the event log ?
    Alt + LGLG

04-18-10 11:19 AM
    Disable your internet connection, and then run the search. Keep your internet disabled during the upgrade. That's usually the issue. Beyond that, I'd try a low level wipe, after you make a back up.
    the guide i read did not state to disable the internet.. and i was unable to update... thanks for this pointer i tried and it worked.
    04-18-10 11:59 AM
383 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD