Software For BlackBerry� Bold (TM) 9700 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1022 (EastAsia)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1022
    Consisting of:

Applications: 5.0.0.593

Software Platform: 5.1.0.147

File name: 9700jEastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1022_PL5.1.0.147_A5.0.0. 593_CSL_Limited_customers.exe

File size: 123.58MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software

Download AllLanguage version here

Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 9700:

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.

For anyone having trouble installing, there's plenty of pointers here:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 04-20-10 at 06:11 PM.
    04-15-10 06:34 PM
    Very cool... I've been using this OS since the first couple of days after it was Leaked... very solid and absolutely no issues for me.
    04-15-10 06:57 PM
    gonna try it in a few mins XD. Thanks.
    04-15-10 07:00 PM
    100% agreement fatboy. One awesome OS for me

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

04-15-10 07:04 PM
    Def gunna stay with this OS for quite some time. At least until there is a major change..
    04-15-10 07:05 PM
    Just a second, does this OS has only East Asian languages? isnt it multi language?
    04-15-10 07:08 PM
    is this the same as the leaked version? i'm using the leaked one, do i need to change to this official?

thanks
    04-15-10 07:10 PM
    Nice find Wulf

Just a second, does this OS has only East Asian languages? isnt it multi language?
    It's basically a multi-language plus the additional East Asian language pack.

is this the same as the leaked version? i'm using the leaked one, do i need to change to this official?

thanks

Other than the additional language pack, it's exactly the same as the leaked version... no need to change.
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 04-15-10 at 07:36 PM.
    04-15-10 07:34 PM
    thanks, i got scared of seeing hieroglyphics when i 1st time boot my Phone :X
    04-15-10 07:36 PM
    all this did was update my applications. what in the world....?
    04-15-10 07:47 PM
    Nice find Wulf

It's basically a multi-language plus the additional East Asian language pack.

Other than the additional language pack, it's exactly the same as the leaked version... no need to change.
    thanks! appreciate your confirmation
    04-15-10 07:57 PM
    Have been running 593 for 24 hours now. Great speed on the browser, and overall. Only one issue i am having... when i'm on UMA, calls are a bit crackly. Definitely something tweaked in the wifi radio in this os compared to 545 from which i switched. When i switch off the wifi and go with towers, the voice is clean and crisp, so this only happens when i'm locked onto UMA for calls. Its not horrible, and is tolerable, but definitely a difference from 545.
    04-15-10 08:47 PM
    Runs faster and smoother than .586 also faster boot, will share more info toomorow, for now chuffed to bits from the .593 OS.
    04-15-10 08:54 PM
    is this one a bump up from .545? does it fix the lag from the black screen?
    04-15-10 08:56 PM
    Have been running 593 for 24 hours now. Great speed on the browser, and overall. Only one issue i am having... when i'm on UMA, calls are a bit crackly. Definitely something tweaked in the wifi radio in this os compared to 545 from which i switched. When i switch off the wifi and go with towers, the voice is clean and crisp, so this only happens when i'm locked onto UMA for calls. Its not horrible, and is tolerable, but definitely a difference from 545.
    Sorry but what does UMA mean?
    04-15-10 08:57 PM
    Unlicensed mobile access. Ability to use wifi for calls instead of towers.

04-15-10 09:02 PM
    I'm still on .351. I'm gonna switch now. 2 questions; you guys mentioned previously that the latest OSs no longer go to standby mode by hitting the mute button.... Does hitting the lock button make it go to standby AND lock? Next... I use the holster which makes it go into standby (not lock, just standby) and when I pull it out of the holster it comes outa standby. Can anyone confirm that this still happens with the later OSs?

Thx guys
    Ted

04-15-10 09:21 PM
    PS.... How's batt time? Cause mine's ridiculously great and it's important to me.

Thx again

04-15-10 09:23 PM
    is this one a bump up from .545? does it fix the lag from the black screen?
    Affirmative!

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*

04-15-10 09:25 PM
    I'm still on .351. I'm gonna switch now. 2 questions; you guys mentioned previously that the latest OSs no longer go to standby mode by hitting the mute button.... Does hitting the lock button make it go to standby AND lock? Next... I use the holster which makes it go into standby (not lock, just standby) and when I pull it out of the holster it comes outa standby. Can anyone confirm that this still happens with the later OSs?

Thx guys
    Ted

Yes and yes. The left top will put it in mute for calls and media.

I hear tell you�re doin� well, good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm, and you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

04-15-10 09:27 PM
    Yes and yes. The left top will put it in mute for calls and media.

I hear tell you�re doin� well, good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm, and you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

Beautiful!!
    Thx

04-15-10 09:30 PM
    Updating now. .586 has been nothing but headaches for me.
    04-15-10 09:34 PM
    I have been running this OS for like about a week not sure. And i have no issues with this OS. Pretty solid. But my boot time seems to take longer then ever. Also my memory seems to be a bit lower just hovering above 120mb. Other then that NO real complains.
    04-15-10 09:43 PM
    Dang it! That's top right for mute, left for lock.

Long boot means you've got either memory clean enabled, encryption set, or both. I'm at about two minutes.

At CrackBerry, I bring good search to life.
    Click Here To Be Banned* I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

04-15-10 09:50 PM
    FML. Uncaught exception error on first start up and my BerryBuzz restore settings are gone. I get a big error when I try to make it restore my settings.
    04-15-10 10:01 PM
383 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD