Well ive just come from using my HTC Touch to my new Blackberry storm 2 that i got off ebay .. but after spending a day looking over the internet i carnt find the answer to these questions but i heard this is the right spot to ask them

Firstly, whatever i try i cannot set-up personnal email, i want to link it to my hotmail account but when i try to go through the email set up wizard it goes straight to a screen that says "I want to use a work email account with a blackberry enterprise server" and thats the only option i get? but im only wanting to use personal but dont get any other option to choose.
    Ive tryed signing up through blackberry and my service providers website but with no avail, as it keeps telling me to send the host routing table which i do but dont get anything back (as if i didnt even send it) so im lost really ?

Secondly, do i have to have a data plan to be able to use the app world? as i dont have a data plan and use the wi-fi mainly in hotspots and at home so have no need to have a data plan.

If so why do blackberry put this restiction on, because am i right in thinking you basically carnt do anything on a blackberry that dosnt have a data plan even if you have wi-fi?

Answers and help are much appreciated

Jack
    05-02-10 09:30 AM
    Jack what data plan do you have? The reason it is requesting your enterprise server is because it does not detect BIS (blackberry internet service), thus you will not recieve push email. If you were on a BES (blackberry enterprise server) which would be through your company, you would get the internet and push email. As far as I know you have to have at a minimum the $29.99 service for BIS. Are you on Verizon with the device? Has your wifi been working without the data plan?
    Last edited by TRAFFICRACK; 05-02-10 at 09:59 AM.
    05-02-10 09:53 AM
    Yes, you need a data plan, period!
    05-02-10 11:50 AM
    Hi im not actually with a buisness, im still at college and im on "02" in the uk if that helps? im also on pay as you go and dont have a data plan.

Thanks Jack
    05-03-10 10:28 AM
    O2 Web - O2

If i get that does that mean i have a data plan ? or will i have to get a "blackberry" specific data plan?

Im sorry about the newbie questions but i was really happy to get my blackberry and now finding out i basically carnt do anything with it unless i have a data plan is a bit of a blow (i know i should have read into blackberrys more) all im wanting to do now is actually get a data plan? just want to know how to go about it.

Jack
    05-03-10 10:58 AM
    MORE INFO

Ive now bought a data plan from my carrier and went to use the internet with the same problem so rang 02 back and they said i need to enter new GPRS settings that they've given me, but i dont have a clue how to do this?

Could someone please help.

Thanks Jack
    05-03-10 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD