First off newbe to forum, and new to Blackberry's.
    The Facbook app on my Tour works great. The problem I'am having is that it notifies me by icon on homepage of new postings, but i can't seem to get rid of the icon after I've looked at new posting's. What am I doing wrong! It's making me nuts looking at that icon every day. Please help!
    07-28-09 08:41 PM
    You have to look at the notification in the FB app. Easiest way I found to do this is to click on the message in your message folder which will load the FB app and mark that notification as read.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 08:43 PM
    Alright, how do I turn off (whether in Facebook or in the FB app) the fact that everytime I post a comment in reference to someone's status, I get an update everytime someone else posts about that person's status?
    07-28-09 11:06 PM
    Alright, how do I turn off (whether in Facebook or in the FB app) the fact that everytime I post a comment in reference to someone's status, I get an update everytime someone else posts about that person's status?
    you need to go into facebook and change your notifications. Look at "settings" and then "notifications." turn off the notifications you don't want.

if you don't want facebook notifications and a bunch of emails to stack up in your designated email account, open up the FB application on your BB. hit the BB menu button and go to options. Go down to "Leave email notification messages on mail server" and uncheck it. That should make it so that you only get FB notifications of the events/actions you want.
    07-28-09 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD