View Poll Results: How Did the Dumping Go?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a HAPPY & SUCCESSFUL Dumper!

77 34.68%
  • I am still in OEM Locked ****!

20 9.01%
  • Freed some Mem but the Pix Remain!

40 18.02%
  • I have No Idea What I Am Doing!!??!!

85 38.29%
08-06-13 07:54 PM
147 ... 23456
tools
    Is it just me who can't dl crackmem 3.3?
    I just downloaded it about 30mins ago....all fine.

Have just updated my 8900 to 4.6.1.133. It's only my second ever OS update, and the first one using CrackMem obviously.

A big thankyou both to Pete6 and to you Rooster for the simple walkthrough.....helped me no end!

Memory kicking up at 142.3 now!
    01-28-09 09:27 AM
    i think the problem with people not being able to open the file is the fact its a RAR file type , i had to get a rar file extracter and then it worked.
    01-28-09 11:58 PM
    i think the problem with people not being able to open the file is the fact its a RAR file type , i had to get a rar file extracter and then it worked.
    I dont think so. It's a zip file not a rar file or at least it was when I dloaded the laters version a few days ago.

I think the problem is that folks may not be familiar with compressed files and extraction. A good number of folks, including you, could not even find the file to dload in the first place. This is not meant to be a diss of any kind but rather to point out that this problem seems like a simple oversight on people's part instead of something bigger.
    01-29-09 11:58 AM
    No, no, no. It's a zip file. I do not like rar files (just personal). The file I put up is a zip file and I created it with 7-Zip 4.57. I test each zip file 2 ways.

1). on my PC prior to upload
    2). I download it and unzip/install it using the standard XP unzipper.
    Last edited by Pete6; 01-30-09 at 04:37 PM.
    01-30-09 04:33 PM
    I dont think so. It's a zip file not a rar file or at least it was when I dloaded the laters version a few days ago.

I think the problem is that folks may not be familiar with compressed files and extraction. A good number of folks, including you, could not even find the file to dload in the first place. This is not meant to be a diss of any kind but rather to point out that this problem seems like a simple oversight on people's part instead of something bigger.
    I am forced to use a zip file because I am not allowed to upload an exe file directly.

Under both XP and Vista zip files are opend simply by double-left-mouse-button clicking. The CrackMem installation may be done directly from the panel that then opens. It is not neccessary to extarct the file since all the resources are conained withing the single exe file inside the zip file.

I know this sounds counfusing but if you just double click the zip file and then double click the exe file when it displays in the resultant panel, CrackMem will install.
    01-31-09 05:12 AM
    awesome...thanks
    01-31-09 09:41 AM
    So with .99 available, has anyone dumped the pics, etc. and then installed?

I haven't installed .99 yet so may give Crackmem a shot with it.
    02-02-09 12:01 PM
    So with .99 available, has anyone dumped the pics, etc. and then installed?

I haven't installed .99 yet so may give Crackmem a shot with it.
    I have used these steps to dump and then install 99. CrackMem's new version catches everything and I have successfull dumped OEM walls.
    02-02-09 12:23 PM
    im running into .99 not dumping. this is a first for me on not dumping .guess ill do a boot on my laptop see if that fixes it. edit used it removed it but when i reloaded there still there i dont believe this normal is it. any clues
    Last edited by moosc; 02-02-09 at 08:29 PM.
    02-02-09 07:49 PM
    im running into .99 not dumping. this is a first for me on not dumping .guess ill do a boot on my laptop see if that fixes it. edit used it removed it but when i reloaded there still there i dont believe this normal is it. any clues
    Delete it manually or just move it out of the folder and then install.
    02-02-09 08:37 PM
    i did just wat the tut said word 4 word and my phone still has the sample pix and video.. and the flicker and facebook too its all still there
    02-02-09 11:16 PM
    i did just wat the tut said word 4 word and my phone still has the sample pix and video.. and the flicker and facebook too its all still there
    Sorry you didnt get the results that you wanted. Without knowing how proficient you are on your storm/pc, my suspension is that you missed a step or did one incorrectly.

I'm happy to help you along if you can provide a bit more info.
    02-03-09 09:27 PM
    I plan on waiting for the official OS releases before upgrading my phone. Am I correct in assuming that there should be no differences in these instructions when updating to an official released version vs. a leaked OS?

Thanks.
    02-04-09 12:02 PM
    The steps r the same regardless of an IS being leaked or official.

I plan on waiting for the official OS releases before upgrading my phone. Am I correct in assuming that there should be no differences in these instructions when updating to an official released version vs. a leaked OS?

Thanks.
    02-04-09 12:49 PM
    first of all thanks for the write up. my problem is when i load crackmem i cant access an OS. just get the no OS found message. I read that you have to download it or something but have no idea how to go about doing it. thanks in advance for any help.
    02-04-09 12:59 PM
    You have to download it and then install it on your PC.

Here is a thread with instructions, but you might not want to try a leaked version unless you're pretty comfortable with that kind of stuff:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/
    02-04-09 05:05 PM
    OK, went throught the process and realized I had 3 OS's in the loader folder. Instead of deleting the other OS's, I just used Crackmem with .99. The sample photos did NOT delete. Was this because I didn't delete the other 2 OS's in the loader folder? I DID disconnect from the internet..........bummer......
    02-06-09 07:25 PM
    I was curious what files(cods) were being removed with which apps.
    Some are obvious, others not. I wanted to be able to remove the files
    fully manually. I used crackmem 3.3 and did some comparisons:

I do have a question: When I remove
    VZnavigator.cod
    it also removes the
    SMSwakeup.cod

Can someone answer if this SMSwakeup is only used with vznavigator ?

update: answered my own question after going thru ALX files.
    Last edited by jamdmyers; 02-09-09 at 10:43 AM.
    02-09-09 10:28 AM
    I'm having same problem following steps to tee and pictures don't delete this has o ly happened with since I went to his update. I do all the steps and when dm opens it doesn't locate my 99 os. I've given up for know and waiting till the next OS to leak and try again
    OK, went throught the process and realized I had 3 OS's in the loader folder. Instead of deleting the other OS's, I just used Crackmem with .99. The sample photos did NOT delete. Was this because I didn't delete the other 2 OS's in the loader folder? I DID disconnect from the internet..........bummer......
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 12:29 PM
    A couple questions. I was unable to remove the pictures though I did see some improvement. From reading through the tread I think it is because I didn't upgrade to a new OS just had .75 still installed. So when I decide to upgrade I will try again. My question is what files would need to be deleted or moved out of the JAVA folder to get rid of the Sample Contact Pictures, the Sample Song, and maybe the different available Color Folders, also the MMS sample Pictures?

Thanks
    02-10-09 05:56 PM
    So... I'm new here I got adventurous and decided to update my Storm to the 103/106 hybrid. I first backed up and saved 3rd party apps, then used JL_Cmder to wipe my device, then CrackMem to get rid of the junk, then installed the 103/106 hybrid. It worked like a dream!!

I was lucky to get 30MB of app memory before and now I'm staying in the 40s, 50 after a battery pull. I will post if I have any issues but as of now its perfect. I think it is running much more quickly and I'm very happy with the instructions/advise from the forum.

Thanks!!
    02-19-09 10:49 PM
    Hi all of you in the forum,

If any of you know how to import regular Microsoft Word, Excel and PDF files into Blackberry Storm and read it from BB Storm, please give me a hint. I've tried to read the manual as well as BB.com, but couldn't find any answers.

Thanks in advance,
    03-04-09 03:40 AM
    Hi all of you in the forum,

If any of you know how to import regular Microsoft Word, Excel and PDF files into Blackberry Storm and read it from BB Storm, please give me a hint. I've tried to read the manual as well as BB.com, but couldn't find any answers.

Thanks in advance,
    email them to your emai llinked to your BB and you can then open them. Once you have them opened, you can mod them, save them to your heart's content.

You can also import them from the DM, but attaching the file to an email and emailing it to yourself is the easiest way.
    03-11-09 04:56 PM
    Thanks Rooster! I dumped those pesky sample pics (and a few other things i didn't need) and gained about 4-5mb! Worked like a charm!
    03-11-09 05:01 PM
    i dont know whats been done, but i followed ur instructions, and am unable to di it........can you please help me
    03-16-09 01:49 PM
147 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD