View Poll Results: How Did the Dumping Go?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a HAPPY & SUCCESSFUL Dumper!

77 34.68%
  • I am still in OEM Locked ****!

20 9.01%
  • Freed some Mem but the Pix Remain!

40 18.02%
  • I have No Idea What I Am Doing!!??!!

85 38.29%
    there is no way that this program works. i mean i have literally tried everything
    03-18-09 02:21 AM
    i have found that it does not work at all for me either
    03-18-09 11:01 PM
    My first post here... I did this last night and successfully upgraded my OS to the 114 hybrid and I am a happy camper. I followed this partially along with the instructions for upgrading to the hybrid and it worked like a charm. Thanks much!
    03-20-09 10:33 PM
    I did this. Worked well Pics are gone. I gained nothing in memory though LOL.
    03-30-09 09:52 AM
    Anyone tried to remove net_rim_theme_precision_zen_360x480_t.cod

I think it is related to Telus. may not any harm in deleting this and having no theme almost 3MB pickup
    03-31-09 10:45 PM
    Anyone tried to remove net_rim_theme_precision_zen_360x480_t.cod

I think it is related to Telus. may not any harm in deleting this and having no theme almost 3MB pickup
    I have tried to dump this during this process, ie during an OS install. Bad idea! What you will get is a storm without a running theme. I wouldnt recommend this deletion.

If you do go ahead with it, do let us know how it turns out! Good luck!
    03-31-09 10:57 PM
    nice write up....worked great, thanks
    04-03-09 05:55 PM
    I have a question .. what if i dont want to do a O.S update but would like to use crackmem... will i be able too?? because i am trying to do it but its asking me to select an O.S..
    04-04-09 08:00 PM
    I have a question .. what if i dont want to do a O.S update but would like to use crackmem... will i be able too?? because i am trying to do it but its asking me to select an O.S..
    Hey,

you dont have to upgrade but you do have to reload the OS you already have installed. This is why crackmem is asking you to choose an OS.

Good Luck!
    04-04-09 08:03 PM
    ahhhhhhh i see.. and ahummm.. where would i get the O.S..

wait wait is it on the blackberry website??
    04-04-09 08:06 PM
    I have tried to dump this during this process, ie during an OS install. Bad idea! What you will get is a storm without a running theme. I wouldnt recommend this deletion.

I did this and all you get is a white screen with a whole load of mini icons at the top of the page, also battery, signal strength and 1XEV overlap and virtually unreadable at top left of screen. Almost half of the icons on the screen are the same.

DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMENDED - TRUST ME!!!! Been there, done that had to wipe the phone and re-install.

You have bee warned!!
    04-04-09 08:07 PM
    ahhhhhhh i see.. and ahummm.. where would i get the O.S..

wait wait is it on the blackberry website??
    What are you running now? If you ever installed an OS from your PC then that OS should still be on it unless you uninstalled it.

If you are running 75 (official version) then yes. the BB site. If you installed any leaks then you can find those in the OS sub forums.

Good Luck!
    04-04-09 08:08 PM
    really.. dammm man.. i want more memory.. i use to have 51MB.. now its 40mb.. and all i have is filght path,google maps,goal.com,youtube,blackberry app world,buzz me,poynt,weather eye..talk lock... i mean thats not alot.. and i barley run some of this stuff too..hey so i heard bell enabled mms.. how is it on the storm...??
    04-04-09 08:10 PM
    What are you running now? If you ever installed an OS from your PC then that OS should still be on it unless you uninstalled it.

If you are running 75 (official version) then yes. the BB site. If you installed any leaks then you can find those in the OS sub forums.

Good Luck!

hey ,

nah i still have the .75 :s..lol..
    04-04-09 08:11 PM
    this is going to sound like such a newbie question.. and i am sad to say it but ahumm i cant find it on the blackberry site..
    04-04-09 08:16 PM

I removed net_rim_theme_precision_zen_360x480_t.cod bad idea. Basically running with a theme, No user interface so it looks awful. Perhaps if you replaced this with a smaller theme it might be okay.
    04-21-09 12:27 AM
    Hey everyone I have been trying to find crackmem anyone know were tp download that thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 09:05 PM
    Can this be used with hybrids? I installed the .122/.131/5.0 hybrid. I understand the selecting OS (I still have .113 and .122 installed on my computer) but with the hybrid being on my phone now, how would I do the crackmem?
    04-21-09 09:28 PM
    Hey everyone I have been trying to find crackmem anyone know were tp download that thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

It's at the very bottom of the first post (under the attached box thing)
    Last edited by amavit; 04-21-09 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Info
    04-21-09 09:29 PM
    it didn't work for this newb.....i did everything step by step but the pix still remain and my memory didn't free up.

any suggestions?
    04-25-09 04:40 PM
    thanks! your post is very usefull!! love it!
    04-27-09 08:38 AM
    hey any ideas on how to get my movies and music to play getting a error message unsupported data i already tried removing the battery and it doesnt work can u help me please
    04-27-09 11:37 AM
    I'm having a problem following these instructions ... I've followed each step that was spelled out, however when I get to the Application Loader Update Summary - only BlackBerry 4.7 Core Applications appears in the Update Summary. I checked in the Options and Blackberry 4.7 System Software *is* checked, but grayed out, like in the screenshot. Am I missing an obvious step?

THANKS!
    05-01-09 11:40 PM
    Thanks Rooster this was a great write up. I finally decided to stop waiting on VZW for their official release & went with the leaked .132. With Crackmem I was able to get the OEM wallpapers removed, but after the install I did not see an increase in Application memory. I was running the offical .75 before & would be at 35mb after a reset/battery pull. Now that I'm running the leaked .132 it is still at 35mb with all the same apps installed & the wallpapers & VAD removed.

Do you have any advice on how to get my app mem higher?
    05-13-09 02:24 PM
    I actually wiped it first w/ jlcmdr, but the pics remain. It's funny because I checked and they're not in the java folder either.
    05-23-09 06:27 AM
147 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD