wootSnoop, a woot.com checker/alerter, was just released on App World (OS 4.5 or higher required) Since it is very new it may take a few days for it to show up on everyone's device.

appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/4302

This is just the first release, but many more features will be coming in the future such as shirt, wine, etc. tracking and more customization. Any suggestions for features would be greatly appreciated!
    01-23-10 10:14 AM
    haha this could make woot shopping so much more useful
    01-23-10 10:52 AM
    Awesome, I love woot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 12:01 PM
    yess!! Best app ever. :]
    01-23-10 12:54 PM
    I wanted to let you all know I pulled wootSnoop from App World for a short time to resolve an issue that presented itself on non-touchscreen phones around scrolling. It is quite perplexing and doesn't show up in the simulators, so out of fear of mass revolt I opted to pull it until I had a better idea of where the bug lied and exactly which devices it affected (touchscreen is unaffected, and only some non-touchscreen devices seem to be affected).

wootSnoop will be coming again very soon - I promise! As soon as I'm confident in the fix and have it in the App World review pipeline I'll put the app back up and will let you all know. I'm hoping within the next day or two.

Sorry about any issues you may have experienced (if you did) - this took me completely by surprise as it worked great in every simulator and on every physical device I have at my disposal to test with.
    01-26-10 03:06 PM
    cool thanks for the heads up i have been wanting a woot app for a long time

edit: just checked app world and its 4$. As much as i like woot, i dont think i can pay 4$ for it when i have a free one that works awesome on my itouch. Also just going to woot.com in the browser works pretty good. Thanks curmoISU for the cool app though once i find a job in this f'ed up economy i will probly buy
    Last edited by kyky489; 01-26-10 at 03:44 PM.
    01-26-10 03:39 PM
    Yeah it looks as though it could be a good app, but again, why woul di pay for an app when i can view the page for free! I mean $4 thats a little high...i use wootalyzer on my comp, it didn't cost me anything!
    01-27-10 07:32 AM
    The bugs discovered at launch on some devices have been fixed (and tested by those affected by the bugs) and the update is in the App World approval process. It can take anywhere from 1 day to 3 weeks. Once it is approved, wootSnoop will be posted back up for sale and I'll post a message here again.

As far as the $3.99 vs. free.. wootSnoop for the PC (wootsnoop.com) is free too and over the last 5 years since it was first released it has maybe paid back its development cost with advertising revenue (and that's a big maybe). App World vendors are forced to pay just to be a vendor, so it just didn't make economic sense to put the time into developing it + vendor costs and not put a small price tag on it to attempt to at least recoup the cost (and wootSnoop provides some pretty cool features like the price comparison that I think definitely make it worth it). At any rate, it's still cheaper than shipping on 1 item! Happy Woot-Off!
    Last edited by curmoISU; 01-28-10 at 10:16 AM.
    01-27-10 01:10 PM
    wootSnoop is back in action and is available again on App World. Be sure you get version 1.1.0 as it corrects all known bugs. If App World gives you v1.0.2 by chance, it is likely because that version was cached on your device and the upgrade will be made available to you soon.

Since wootSnoop was just re-posted, it may not immediately show up in App World on your device due to caching. If it isn't available to you yet, you can usually force it by searching for "wootSnoop" from the main App World search screen. There is also a way to clear your App World cache, but I'm not going to post those instructions here (a quick search should find them)

appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/4302

Have a good end of woot-off! I have a feeling this will be the last day of this one but you never know.
    Last edited by curmoISU; 01-28-10 at 10:32 AM.
    01-28-10 10:20 AM
    Any updates about this app? I can't find it on App World on my 9930.
    03-22-12 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD