At least in Mexico, i woke up to a brand new Windows Live Messenger icon wich lead me to download the application in any language.

The application works like a charm, u can even have group conversations, and link any of your Live MSN contacts to the ones on your blackberry.

Its also very responsive and quick, almost as great as the google talk application.

I've already added my hotmail account to my BIS and works great too.
    Check it out.
    07-04-08 03:59 PM
    seems cool....sucks to be in the USA right now LOL
    07-04-08 04:16 PM
    Not sure if this would work but here is the link from blackberry site. http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft....do?code=wlm20

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 07-06-08 at 07:53 PM.
    07-04-08 11:59 PM
    here in Ecuador, windows live messenger works great.... finally.
    07-05-08 02:11 AM
    No dice on AT&T :-(

07-05-08 05:53 AM
    Thanks for the link.
    07-05-08 06:14 AM
    A friend told me get saw this icon on his BB just a few minutes ago. None on mine yet.

07-05-08 07:01 PM
    msn hasn't worked for me
    07-05-08 10:09 PM
    A friend told me get saw this icon on his BB just a few minutes ago. None on mine yet.

So the icon is just appearing on BB devices like that Trooper Typing icon appeared?
    07-05-08 10:11 PM
    T-Mobile customers have had this for a while now, so have verizon customers on certain devices...as well as Bell and Telus in Canada, it won't work on AT&T cause AT&T locked it out of their devices although their are reported tricks to getting it installed onto your device, Rogers customers also now have axxs to it where as before Rogers had it locked out.
    07-05-08 10:52 PM
    I saw the icon download it, after playing with it 5 min I erase it.... Comparing it with Jivetalk, it's missing lots of configurations; like choosing between BIS, BES or Wi-Fi, it takes for ever to sing in... Nothing to do against Jivetalk at the moment...

07-05-08 11:26 PM
    be nice if ATT in made it possible here
    07-05-08 11:33 PM
    all of you guys who cant get live messenger to work try this http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/msn-...ks-great-47711 worked great for me
    07-06-08 02:21 AM
    Yes its just appearing. LOL.
    Mine I helped it along to come by sending service books because I was to impatient for it to appear.

I got error 65 couple times and then it started working. I didn't modify or change anything for it to start working.

07-06-08 08:40 AM
    JiveTalk allows you to use Windows Messenger, Gtalk, AIM, and Yahoo.You do have to buy it though, which can be a turn off for a lot of people.
    07-06-08 02:07 PM
    thanks for the link, i was looking for this all night last night. hope it works.
    07-06-08 02:29 PM
    thanks for the link, i was looking for this all night last night. hope it works.

Nope.. it says " Service not enabled for this handheld" Damn Sprint!
    07-06-08 02:31 PM
    Nope.. it says " Service not enabled for this handheld" Damn Sprint!
    Read the following link to enable it on Sprint... it worked for me...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/i-g...63/#post458944
    07-06-08 05:10 PM
    Read the following link to enable it on Sprint... it worked for me...
    I was able to download it and i even see it but when i go to log in it gives me that propt.
    07-06-08 07:13 PM
    you need to get the service book for the program refer to my previous post on the first page
    07-06-08 09:41 PM
    I was able to download and get fully operational on Rogers, can find the link from the blackberry page, /instantmessenger
    07-09-08 03:59 PM
    T-Mobile customers have had this for a while now, so have verizon customers on certain devices...as well as Bell and Telus in Canada, it won't work on AT&T cause AT&T locked it out of their devices although their are reported tricks to getting it installed onto your device, Rogers customers also now have axxs to it where as before Rogers had it locked out.
    Just to clarify, Telus only got this yesterday for BBs. Aliant has it and has for some time, but it requires a $5 subscription of some sorts. For us Telus users, it was a big day for us too.
    07-09-08 04:38 PM
    I can open the website but can't download it after the "terms and condition" page, what's wrong with it? Any ideas?
    :-)

07-10-08 03:47 AM
    I have been using IM+ on Rogers and no problems. It supports The following:

AIM�/iChat, MSN�/Windows Live� , Yahoo!�, ICQ�, Jabber�, Google Talk� and MySpace Messenger

MSN works great for me, I use it for MSN and YM mainly. But I will try the MSN client and see what happens.
    07-10-08 11:45 AM
    I logged into what I guess was the web version of live messenger when I first got my BB and wasnt real impressed, so I've just avoided it. After reading this thread (and now that I know a little bit more about apps) I downloaded and installed the actual app. Wow what a difference. Works great on my Curve. Only issue I had was it would seem to hang when I'd attempt to transfer a picture (pic was about 75kb). But sending as a "file" worked ok for pics and the small mp3 file I tested. Thanks for posting this
    07-11-08 10:04 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD