Now with safereader function...nice touch. Available on free version too, just go to vlingo website for download
    03-24-10 02:05 PM
    Yes, that was put up on the Blog's earlier today... and you can download it either on their website, or on App World.
    03-24-10 02:38 PM
    safe reader not working for me. I use BBtext2IM, and have sms blocked in my firewall so I dont get duplicate messages in my message folder. I tried both ways, blocking and unblocking, and all I get is "safe reader on" when a text comes in...tried several battery pulls, blah, blah, didnt help.
    03-24-10 06:51 PM
    Safereader's a real joke compared to DriveSafe.ly

Sounds like a 1980's computer
    03-24-10 08:43 PM
    I downloaded Vlingo earlier this morning. By 3pm it sucked my battery dry. So I said goodbye to Vlingo.
    03-24-10 08:58 PM
    The new SafetyReader seems to work just fine with my Tour Verizon .419. It plays nice with the other apps (no problems when listening to music and routes to bluetooth). I like the voice on Drivesafe.ly much better, however. The Drivesafe.ly female sounds as if she's reading with context. The SaftetyReader lady sounds like she's just reading words.

*Edit* that said, I still love Vlingo for its primary purposes of voice commands and cut and paste dictation.
    03-24-10 09:12 PM
    I just love the new Vlingo because my airtime was disappearing and I just could figure out what was causing it until I found the culprit - Drivesafely! It seems like Drivesafely doesn't go through BIS but Vlingo does, so no more money disappearing from my account since I've loaded the new Vlingo onto my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 09:46 PM
    Safereader's a real joke compared to DriveSafe.ly

Sounds like a 1980's computer
    The voice in drivesafe is better I will agree, but the app sucks.
    03-24-10 09:48 PM
    I have had the paid version of vlingo for a few months and love it. The more you use it the better it gets. I also had drivesafely for answering E-mails while on the road. Since the new addition to vlingo I got rid of drivesafely just for amount of extra memory it takes up. Vlingo is always improving their app, 2nd improvement in just a month I think and they are always looking to improve. Safe reader will also improve, it won't be long until they link us up with another improvement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD