There is a "CrackBerry" service...as per the image in the blog on the home page. My brand new downloaded version does not have this "Crackberry" service for the main page.

How do i get this ?!
    I was able to get the "Crackberry" Viigo section by downloading the app at crackberryviigo.com. You have to make certain that your browser ID is set to Blackberry in General Properties, and not IE or Firefox.
    01-30-09 11:18 AM
    I have the CB version and when I go to set up the CB feeds I get junk. To be more specific, When I click the CrackBerry service on the front screen and press the add channel button, it loads a screen with a list ( Blogs, Forums, Reviews, ...). When I select Blogs, I get a list of Blogs, Blogs, Blogs, Blogs rather than a list of specific Blogs. When I choose one of the Blogs it does not result in anything getting added.

This is the first time I am using the CB specific version so perhaps it has something to do with that. Anyone else having problems?

-Greg
    01-30-09 12:18 PM
    I have the CB version and when I go to set up the CB feeds I get junk. To be more specific, When I click the CrackBerry service on the front screen and press the add channel button, it loads a screen with a list ( Blogs, Forums, Reviews, ...). When I select Blogs, I get a list of Blogs, Blogs, Blogs, Blogs rather than a list of specific Blogs. When I choose one of the Blogs it does not result in anything getting added.

This is the first time I am using the CB specific version so perhaps it has something to do with that. Anyone else having problems?

-Greg
    Exact same problem Greg. None of the Crackberry channels (Blog, Forum, etc) populate. Hopefully someone will figure it out.
    01-30-09 12:58 PM
    Using .86 and it works pretty good..............so far. Icon was where I had it before. The font seems bigger though............anybody notice that?
    HAHAHA i love your signature!!!
    01-30-09 01:13 PM
    The Crackberry blogs and other feeds do populate for me.

Viigo Build: 3.0.856

I did have the Crackberry Edition with some blogs already added to my account prior to upgrading to this version.
    01-30-09 01:21 PM
    Every time I try to add channel it just gets stuck loading. Battery pull and still having same issue. Never got conf email either. Its supp to be the non beta version but still says beta on the top. I double checked and it is the updated version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 01:28 PM
    It does take about a full minute or so to load a feed that you manually enter. Don't know why, but maybe you're not waiting long enough?
    01-30-09 01:41 PM

-Greg
    I had the standard version of Viigo before....I updated today to the CB version of the newest release .856

It took me awhile to figure this out but maybe this helps, here's what I figured out....

1. Unless u originally loaded the CB version of Viigo, the RSS feeds r not automatically added. Since I originally had a standard version, despite deleting it before upgrading, I had to manually add the feeds in the CrackBerry.com channel.

2. Within the CrackBerry.com channel, click Add Channel, then click Forums from the list, then click Forums again in the next screen so the RSS symbol turns orange, then while it is highlighted click the BB menu button and select Enter URL.

URL is... http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Blackbe...tCrackberrycom

**click the link for the full URL address**

then click OK

3. Do the same for Store

URL is... CrackBerry: Best Sellers - BlackBerry Software

**click the link for the full URL address**

then click OK

4. U don't need to do anything for the Blogs (I will explain in a moment) and I've not discovered the URL feeds for the others...ie Reviews, Other Smartphones.

5. Once these are added, back out....U will find these feeds in the News & RSS channel, NOT CRACKBERRY.COM CHANNEL....don't understand why but that's how its working on mine at least. The CB blogs r already a part of the standard News & RSS channel feeds so that's why u dont have to add the URL feed like the others above.

Not sure if this is normal or needs correction in a later revision....would be nice if they were in the CB channel instead of mixed in with everything in the News/RSS channel.....I also wish I knew how to only have specific forum posts load instead of the all-in-one version it has.

Anyone else know if I'm missing something??
    01-30-09 03:17 PM

Anyone else know if I'm missing something??
    I believe that no matter where you add your own URL it will end up in the News & RSS channel. I was hoping that adding a URL to a channel would result in it staying there (added a hockey feed when in the Add->Sports->Hockey screen but it landed in my News & RSS channel). What you've done is to manually add the CB feeds. This can be done with the non-CB version as well. The cool thing about using the CB version is that they provide the nice list of feeds for you to choose from and you get a special channel. Something must be hosed on the server.
    01-30-09 03:37 PM
    I have never used Viigo before. I downloaded the application (3.0.856) and loaded it without issues. I am having a problem creating an account. I enter the proper information including a new user ID and password (and verify password) and it seems to already know one of my e-mail addresses. Then I click Next and I get the error message "Unable to Authenticate."

I have never used Viigo before, but just in case I went to the website and checked to see if they might have me in there and they did not.

Any ideas (Still using OS 0.75)
    01-30-09 05:13 PM
    Did a battery pull and it seems to work. I still have to figure out all the stuff on here. Looks interesting!
    01-30-09 05:37 PM
    Any previous Viigo users (before this update) notice the overall improvement of your storm AFTER this update? My storm is running fantastic now (.75) and seemingly better battery life. The only thing I have changed is updating this Viigo software. Further evidence that 3rd party apps can cause havoc on your system if not properly designed. Not blaming Viigo since it was an alpha version, just an observation.

Still waiting for that podcast feature to be turned on!!!
    Last edited by Quanius; 02-01-09 at 08:28 AM.
    02-01-09 08:11 AM
    The new Storm version of Viigo works great for me. No problems at all on this end. Did exactly as they stated, deleted older version on the phone before installing the new one.

Quick question for some Viigo experts. Under the "Add Your Own Channel", what can you ad ? Any recommendations ?
    02-01-09 10:57 PM
    Anyone having a problem with the latest release of Viigo and OS .99 especially during the screen shift?
    02-02-09 07:06 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD