Updated from 1.0.25 to 1.1.11

Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations from your Blackberry.
    03-11-09 01:47 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. Any differences you see from the last version?

I'm hoping my bluetooth works better with this new version. I'm on OS .99 and have been having issues with it streaming to my car bluetooth stereo.
    03-11-09 02:01 PM
    I am testing right now.

First song sounded like the skip at the 15 second mark is gone (going to wait to play a few more) [Seems like it skips at the 10 second mark now].

When I called myself during a song, when I went to resume the song it skipped to the next one.

Haven't tested a text/e-mail being received and seeing how the song resumes after that.

Also, I may be going nuts but it seems like the program booted up a lot faster for me.
    Last edited by Smerri; 03-11-09 at 02:05 PM.
    03-11-09 02:02 PM
    thanks for the link
    03-11-09 02:05 PM
    You can search for songs now, I don't think that was in the last version.
    03-11-09 02:18 PM
    awesome thanks!
    03-11-09 02:18 PM
    Excellent. It does indeed load up much faster and the skip is gone!
    Good find

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 02:20 PM
    Actually just found a beat skip at around 11 seconds that is less noticeable than the last version. I actually didn't notice it at first. And if you click jazz or spotlight the screen shuts off until you hit the back button. This is a pretty major flaw.

03-11-09 02:30 PM
    I tried to download and got an error saying my device wasn't a supported device? It told me there was an upgrade possible but when I clicked to start the download it gave me the error. Anyone else get this?
    03-11-09 02:50 PM
    Boot up is indeed faster and now there's a enable Bluetooth option in the menu.

03-11-09 03:16 PM
    I hope this version works with my headset controls.
    03-11-09 03:41 PM
    Gadzooks! 1.4MB?! That's A LOT of app memory isn't it?

03-11-09 03:47 PM
    Gadzooks! 1.4MB?! That's A LOT of app memory isn't it?

If you want pretty apps, you need space to store all those graphics.
    03-11-09 04:00 PM
    That's strange. I just downloaded Slacker from slacker.com about 3 hours ago and it is version 1.0.25. Where did you get the 1.1.11?

03-11-09 04:01 PM
    Just downloaded 1.1.11 at slacker.com it was right there for me. Pretty simple maybe you should try again. US only I think it said.
    03-11-09 04:47 PM
    Anyone have a problem with slacker not displaying right on their storm? I am running 109 and it doesn't take the full screen, it is in a small box with a blue background behind it.

I have deleted it and re-installed several times but still have the problem
    03-11-09 04:48 PM
    By the way thanks for the heads up. You figure you'd be notified when there was an update. Open the app and there's a pop up, such and such version available.
    03-11-09 04:53 PM
    Running .75 OS with 1.1.11 Slacker.

Still notice the skip, but like previous posts it's at the 10 second mark now.

Also, tried bluetooth and it plays audio through my Plantronics headset. Only thing is that I can't adjust volume!! It shows it going up or down in Slacker, but my headset stays the same.

Hmmm... maybe next upgrade.
    03-11-09 04:55 PM
    By the way thanks for the heads up. You figure you'd be notified when there was an update. Open the app and there's a pop up, such and such version available.
    It's been stated on the Slacker forum that updates for Slacker are rolled out over a 1-week period. Within 1 week, all users will receive popups.
    03-11-09 05:18 PM
    cool bro downloading it now.
    03-11-09 05:48 PM
    Anyone have a problem with slacker not displaying right on their storm? I am running 109 and it doesn't take the full screen, it is in a small box with a blue background behind it.

I have deleted it and re-installed several times but still have the problem
    Disable compatibility mode.

03-11-09 05:52 PM
    Just installed the update. It is definitely much faster. Song requests are there as well. If the headset controls worked on my Moto ROKR S9-HD, it would be perfect.
    03-11-09 06:00 PM
    Thanks Valve that worked great. Just in case someone doesn't know how to disable compatibility mode:

disable compatibility mode by going to options >> advanced options >> highlight the application that you want to disable compatibility mode on >> hit the menu button (the one with logo) >> select disable compatibility mode.
    03-12-09 12:33 AM
    Thanks a lot!!!!
    03-12-09 01:18 AM
    Interesting...

I actually just removed Slacker a few days ago.

I downloaded it approximately a week ago today... and I started having lock up issues with my Storm.

At one point I had a screen that looked like static on a television and my Storm was completely locked up. I had to do various battery pulls because of lock ups, and was VERY frustrated. Also, my camera started acting funny. I would take a picture and it would show it as Black and White instead of color. I though I might have had a bum/bad Storm.

Then, a friend suggested I remove this program, because he was also having issues with his Storm... so I did.

Since removing Slacker I have had ZERO lock up's, have had to do ZERO battery pulls, and my camera is working fine again...

I have made no other changes and my Storm is working great.

So I am a little leery to download this program again... and it is a shame too because it seemed like a good app... but as of a few days ago it was more trouble then it was worth.
    03-12-09 07:28 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD