Anyone else having problems with running the latest version of Poynt? It will not search my GPS location. When I click to select my GPS location, it just says 'No location set', not 'searching...' like it did before. It seems it just stalls there, no matter how long I let it sit. I am going on a trip, and Poynt is a very valuable tool on trips with its GPS capabilty. Is there anyway I could go back to the version I was using before? Nothing on Poynt's website that I could find. Thanks!
    03-20-09 10:30 PM
    if you have a backup i think you would be able to install that....

delete the one that dose not work then install the backup
    03-20-09 10:32 PM
    Using my Desktop Manager, I went to advanced restore, because I dont want to go back that far with EVERYTHING. There is no 'Poynt' on the list, nor just an 'applications' option either. Do you know which one to pick?
    03-20-09 10:43 PM
    i would go with the last backup BEFORE THE UPDATE.
    03-20-09 10:47 PM
    Heh, I think you misunderstood what I was asking. I meant, do you know which item to pick under the advanced list (after which backup you would like to restore) that just replaced the applications? Anyways, dont matter, I guess I'll just try the full back up, hopefully I wont lose anything too important. And, yes, I did do a backup just prior to the restore, just in case...
    03-20-09 10:59 PM
    sorry i did misunderstand you. i cant hook up to my DM right now, i am testing a theme and having issues....

sorry, ya full backup should work. how long ago did you do the update/backup?
    03-20-09 11:07 PM
    Nevermind, I guess it isnt going to work. None of my applications changed, even ones I KNOW were not installed at the restore point were still installed after I restored. Going back to current version, have to deal with Poynt being almost worthless for the trip.
    03-20-09 11:09 PM
    you have to delete the one in your phone BEFORE you do the restore
    03-20-09 11:10 PM
    Did that and it wasnt there even after the restore. I've had poynt on here almost as long as I've had the phone.
    03-20-09 11:13 PM
    and when you did the restore it put the UPDATED on back on?
    03-20-09 11:14 PM
    Hi Folks!

I noticed some of you are on the NEXTEL IDEN network. There is a bug in Poynt that prevents IDEN users from using true GPS in the current version. We will release a build in the next few days to address this issue. I will post it here when it is released.

In addition, IDEN users will not be able to use cell-site location technology since our cell-site provider does not support IDEN networks. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    03-20-09 11:15 PM
    and when you did the restore it put the UPDATED on back on?
    It didnt put Poynt back on at all. Something's screwey.

Hi Folks!

I noticed some of you are on the NEXTEL IDEN network. There is a bug in Poynt that prevents IDEN users from using true GPS in the current version. We will release a build in the next few days to address this issue. I will post it here when it is released.

In addition, IDEN users will not be able to use cell-site location technology since our cell-site provider does not support IDEN networks. Sorry for any inconvenience.

It's just odd, because it worked fine on the last version I was using. Not sure which version it was. I got the prompt to update to 10.xx, so I did, thats when GPS quit working for me.
    03-20-09 11:25 PM
    What version of poynt are you using?
    03-20-09 11:26 PM
    I downloaded the most up to date earlier today (1.0.1.68). Ever since switching to 1.0.xx my GPS hasnt worked even with the newest.
    Last edited by Evanrude; 03-20-09 at 11:50 PM.
    03-20-09 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD