Hi.. just wanted to cross post this to the Storm forum because there are some fixes in the new version for specific bugs on the Storm.

In particular, if you have had problems with the current song starting over from the beginning when receiving an audible system alert, this should now be fixed.

Details are in this post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/pan...y-more-268250/

Marc
    07-15-09 04:47 PM
    Have you been able to download it? I haven't.
    07-15-09 05:02 PM
    Not in the bb app store yet, but it is available direct from pandora's website.
    07-15-09 05:14 PM
    Not in the bb app store yet, but it is available direct from pandora's website.
    Yeah, it can take a day or so for it to be approved and appear in App World.

Marc
    07-15-09 05:16 PM
    Also, people should be aware that with the new .151 OS, people have been reporting UDP connection errors. A long battery pull (at least 1 minute, not a software reset) has fixed it for some. Not sure if this applies to the new version or not.
    07-15-09 05:20 PM
    Eff .151. Nothing good is coming of that thing yet. I'll hang on .148 until we're ready to move over. Too many apps having problems.
    Improved Pandora, however.....yippie!!!!!!!!
    07-15-09 06:55 PM
    I listened to Pandora for over 3 hours without any trouble at all using .151 yesterday. Storm rock-solid, no memory loss, no errors.

Heading to Pandora site to update current version.
    07-15-09 07:58 PM
    Yeah, it can take a day or so for it to be approved and appear in App World.

Marc
    Is this update compatible with the bluetooth speakers yet?
    07-15-09 09:46 PM
    Is this update compatible with the bluetooth speakers yet?
    They all are. The original version worked with bluetooth by default. 1.0.3 or whatever and the new 1.1.0 require you to go into your options and ENABLE bluetooth.
    07-16-09 07:02 AM
    Woo hoo! Downloading now.
    07-16-09 07:24 AM
    ...Could not connect to Pandora. Please ensure that you have sufficient data coverage and try again...

Is this to be expected? I've been trying for an hour with full bars and data.
    07-16-09 08:17 AM
    No problems for me and I only have 3 out of 5 bars (-89dBm).

I like the new graphic that comes up when changing volume. :thumbsup:
    07-16-09 08:49 AM
    glad they improved the audio quality! just wish they would incorporate the storm volume button's secondary functionality(skip forward/back track) into this app. i listen to pandora when i'm riding my bike so this is a important feature to me!
    07-16-09 09:10 AM
    I wish they would add the notification icons to the top of the screen. I don't like having to leave Pandora to see what just came in.... and it's usually spam in my email.
    07-16-09 09:37 AM
    I wish they would add the notification icons to the top of the screen. I don't like having to leave Pandora to see what just came in.... and it's usually spam in my email.
    +1.

Also, I really wish you could listen to stations based on genre, a la Slacker. I'd love to give up Slacker and use Pandora only--mainly b/c of Slacker's huge thumbprint (like 2MB)--but I really like their selection of preset stations.
    07-16-09 09:58 AM
    +1.

Also, I really wish you could listen to stations based on genre, a la Slacker. I'd love to give up Slacker and use Pandora only--mainly b/c of Slacker's huge thumbprint (like 2MB)--but I really like their selection of preset stations.
    +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-16-09 10:02 AM
    I love Pandora, but since I upgraded to 1.1 it keeps getting stuck in the middle of a song and I can't skip past it to a new song. I have to shut down the program and restart...Never had this problem before....

Any help would be appreciated.
    07-19-09 09:06 AM
    I'm having a similar problem. Pandora freezes up and I can't close it or switch applications or power down. Have to pull the battery to re-boot.
    07-19-09 01:41 PM
    I love Pandora, but since I upgraded to 1.1 it keeps getting stuck in the middle of a song and I can't skip past it to a new song. I have to shut down the program and restart...Never had this problem before....

Any help would be appreciated.
    Can you explain in more detail what "stuck" means? Does the music stop? If you try to press the skip button, what happens? Does it even show the blue focus around the skip button? I assume since you can shut down the program that the device is still at least responsive to the menu button.

I'm having a similar problem. Pandora freezes up and I can't close it or switch applications or power down. Have to pull the battery to re-boot.
    Along the same line - can you explain how it freezes? Does the music just stop? Is anything else happening around the same time? How often does it happen? Is this on a Storm? What OS version are you running?

Thanks!
    Marc
    07-19-09 02:59 PM
    Gonna check it out this update.
    07-19-09 03:15 PM
    liking the new icon. Moving pandora to my home screen now because of it...
    07-19-09 09:06 PM
    Can you explain in more detail what "stuck" means? Does the music stop? If you try to press the skip button, what happens? Does it even show the blue focus around the skip button? I assume since you can shut down the program that the device is still at least responsive to the menu button.

Along the same line - can you explain how it freezes? Does the music just stop? Is anything else happening around the same time? How often does it happen? Is this on a Storm? What OS version are you running?

Thanks!
    Marc
    Yes, the music stops and I can't skip past the active song...the bottom does become blue but no response. I end up having to shut it down and restarting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 10:50 AM
    I have been getting errors like ..... 502 when trying to thumb up or down a song. Doesn't stop playing and continues like normal, I just get the error and I don't know if it is going through.
    07-20-09 12:08 PM
    I would love to use Pandora on my storm, I prefer it over Slacker, but since it doesn't have the ability cache stations I will have to continue to use Slacker. I listen to it on my way home from work and have no signal most of the way.

Might have to try out the new version just to "try it out".
    07-20-09 12:14 PM
    I like the new update but I am also having the freezing problem. While playing music it will just stop. None of the buttons on the touch screen work but if I press the bb button, it will let me shut it down. It doesn't happen everytime but it has happened on multiple occasions. Other than that I love the new update. It sounds much better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 12:51 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD