just a heads up

BerryWeather
    05-14-09 11:43 AM
    I'm downloading it now - I wonder how it compares with version 0.34?
    05-14-09 11:51 AM
    I upgraded this morning...I love that little app!
    05-14-09 12:08 PM
    Observed Time is still wayyy off.
    I update weather at 7:30pm CET and get an observation from 5:50pm. Is that BST perhaps? The observation times are always between 1.5-2 hours out. Later in the evening I will see an observation for 7:20pm! Arrrgghhhh.... I wish we knew what has and has not been fixed!
    05-14-09 12:31 PM
    when i try to upgrade it through my account i keep getting .34 version even tho my account says it been upgraded to .43
    05-14-09 01:13 PM
    Got it thanks
    05-14-09 01:50 PM
    when i try to upgrade it through my account i keep getting .34 version even tho my account says it been upgraded to .43
    Download it anyway even though it says it's installing .34, it actually installs .43.
    05-14-09 01:56 PM
    I have noticed absolutely nothing different. I am sure there are some changes, but it is hard to tell without a change log.

I just feel that bellshare has dropped the ball on this app. It is nice and looks good, but it is missing something...I know radar is coming, but it feels like it is missing something else other than just radar.
    05-14-09 02:00 PM
    Anybody know what's been updated?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 02:01 PM
    They'll probably update the changelog on mobihand at some point. It's still showing .42's log for now.
    05-14-09 02:02 PM
    ok finally got the update. i got no clue what they updated.
    05-14-09 02:33 PM
    I don't see any changes either. Bug fixes maybe?
    05-14-09 02:34 PM
    I have noticed absolutely nothing different. I am sure there are some changes, but it is hard to tell without a change log.

I just feel that bellshare has dropped the ball on this app. It is nice and looks good, but it is missing something...I know radar is coming, but it feels like it is missing something else other than just radar.

you don't know what it's missing..so they dropped the ball?

As for everyone else..It was a bug fix. They fixed the wallpaper being reset for Storm users.
    05-14-09 02:41 PM
    Thanks for the link
    05-14-09 02:43 PM
    I'm having less of a memory leak with this version.

But I won't really be happy until it tells me what clothes to wear on a given day, and if possible to tell me what to wear tomorrow.
    05-14-09 03:08 PM

But I won't really be happy until it tells me what clothes to wear on a given day, and if possible to tell me what to wear tomorrow.
    I wont be happy until they provide app support and add radar.
    They've said many times update after v3.4 would have radar....they must of decided to add stealth radar in v1.0.4.3.

UPDATE
    Mobihand has updates listed for v1.0.4.2 ..I didn't know there was v4.2 so I guess they mean v4.3

Update to Version 1.0.42
    - Fixes potential battery drain
    - Enhanced touch scrolling on BlackBerry Storm
    - Fixes advisory being shown even if there is no advisory
    - Minor bug fixes
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-14-09 at 04:34 PM.
    05-14-09 03:40 PM
    I'm having less of a memory leak with this version.

If you pay me $1 a day, I will call, sms or bbm you every day and tell you what to wear.

Here is one for free:

Tomorrow you should wear a Hawaiian shirt, leather pants, socks that match the shirt and flip flops. A tie with the shirt is optional, but a straw cowboy hat is not.
    05-14-09 04:18 PM
    Iam going to download it now. thanks
    05-14-09 04:25 PM
    I guess its OK to start bug thread here

v1.0.4.3 BUG that wasn't present in older build
    The Update timer gets stuck not displaying time of last weather update properly.
    Device-BB 8330

Example
    It says "Updated 3min Ago" I then go to my BB today home screen.
    I check 5 min later and it still says "Updated 3min Ago".
    When I go into app settings then back out time displays properly "Updated 8min Ago".
    If you have more then one location same results are had....trackball to second location and time displays update.
    This issue also causes "Auto update" and "Advisory Auto Update" not to work as scheduled..3 times in last hour it hasn't pulled.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-14-09 at 07:00 PM.
    05-14-09 05:12 PM
    I wont be happy until they provide app support and add radar.
    They've said many times update after v3.4 would have radar....they must of decided to add stealth radar in v1.0.4.3.

UPDATE
    Mobihand has updates listed for v1.0.4.2 ..I didn't know there was v4.2 so I guess they mean v4.3

Update to Version 1.0.42
    - Fixes potential battery drain
    - Enhanced touch scrolling on BlackBerry Storm
    - Fixes advisory being shown even if there is no advisory
    - Minor bug fixes
    there was an update to v.42 but there was a problem with this version where the background pictures that you can set were reseting after a boot so the fix is the same as you have just an additional picture bug fix to v.43
    05-14-09 05:17 PM
    there was an update to v.42 but there was a problem with this version where the background pictures that you can set were reseting after a boot so the fix is the same as you have just an additional picture bug fix to v.43
    oh...thats cool they hopped on fix fast.
    Now they need to fix their new Update Timer bug
    05-14-09 05:27 PM
    Thanks for the heads up
    05-14-09 05:30 PM
    If you pay me $1 a day, I will call, sms or bbm you every day and tell you what to wear.

Here is one for free:

Tomorrow you should wear a Hawaiian shirt, leather pants, socks that match the shirt and flip flops. A tie with the shirt is optional, but a straw cowboy hat is not.
    Wow! Thank you! I don't wear ties, so that's cool, but I'll have to run out and get flip-flops...
    05-14-09 06:09 PM
    Thanks for the heads up
    NP garz

I guess its OK to start bug thread here

Bug Report 1
    The Update timer gets stuck not displaying time of last weather update properly.
    Device-BB 8330

Example
    It says "Updated 3min Ago" I then go to my BB today home screen.
    I check 5 min later and it still says "Updated 3min Ago".
    When I go into app settings then back out time displays properly "Updated 8min Ago".
    If you have more then one location same results are had....trackball to second location and time displays update.
    This issue also causes "Auto update" and "Advisory Auto Update" not to work as scheduled..3 times in last hour it hasn't pulled.
    Bug Report 2
    Device-BB 8330

More findings.

Weather screen displays "Updated 5min Ago" and I then go back to BB today Home screen.
    I check 4 min later and it still displays "Updated 5min Ago" from anywhere to 5-15 seconds then jumps to "Updated 9min Ago".
    It seems like apps is in a hibernate mode of some sort updating Timer info when app has been opened for 5 - 15 seconds.
    If I go into app menu or trackball to different location timer corrects itself instantly.

A few times app has got stuck displaying "Just Updated" until I went into app menu or trackball to different location.It then displayed what ever time had expired since that weather update....example - "Just Updated" to "Updated 11min Ago".

Ive also missed another "Auto update" and "Advisory Auto Update" being pulled.

If this issue is being caused because of battery life save write-in into app its a terrible idea sacrificing app stability.

My BerryWeather v1.0.4.3 beta testing is done ,Im going back to the much more stable v3.4 until developer makes fix.

PS
    If anyone needs copy of older version- BerryWeather v3.4 shoot me PM and it,s on the way.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-14-09 at 09:14 PM. Reason: ADDED PS
    05-14-09 06:31 PM
    It does make you wonder about their Quality Assurance/Internal Testing procedures! Disappointing to say the least...

Hopefully, they'll "stumble across" this thread and rectify the issues.

Edit :
    Wow! Thank you! I don't wear ties, so that's cool, but I'll have to run out and get flip-flops...
    You'd better double check what colour flip-flops you should purchase!
    Last edited by PDM; 05-14-09 at 07:28 PM.
    05-14-09 07:26 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD