Hi! I am a recent BB convert and just found out that we will be moving from the US to Germany in June. I have a few questions and hope someone here can answer:
    • Should I keep my phone to use with a German carrier, or just get another there?
    • If I get one there, will everything be in German (I wouldn't understand it)?
    • If I keep my phone, will the apps I have added (Viigo, FB, Google Mobile, etc.) still work, or will changing the SIM card erase everything (hopefully this isn't too ignorant a question)?

Thanks to anyone who can help!
    04-14-09 07:47 PM
    if your phone is unlocked, you should be able to use it with a gsm carrier in german.

the language should be in english (language settings are on the phone, i believe. if i'm wrong someone will come along and correct me).

apps i believe stay on the phone's memory, not on the sim card. they should still work if you have a data plan over there.

worst case scenario, you bring your blackberry over, it doesn't work, you buy one over there.

i believe unlocking can be done remotely, so if you buy it online, i think you should be able to unlock it there. i'm not 100% sure on this as i've never bought one, but again, hopefully someone will come along with a more precise answer

good luck in germany!
    Last edited by redsoxrocker; 04-14-09 at 08:41 PM.
    04-14-09 08:38 PM
    TY for the input!
    04-14-09 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD