Hi all, I am a brand new blackberry user. I just downloaded facebook onto my Blackberry from the applications area on the blackberry. Now what ? Should I see a new icon that says facebook ( I don't) or did I just download it make it easier to see when I use my internet browser to access it ? The limited instructions that came with the phone are just about useless for things like this.
    08-27-09 03:27 PM
    There should be a facebook icon in your applications folder or downloads. Check both.
    08-27-09 03:29 PM
    There should be a facebook icon in your applications folder or downloads. Check both.
    Yeah, it will be in one of those folders I think. You should definitely see an application.
    08-27-09 03:32 PM
    Yup thats correct check your applicatons folder then select it and put in your information then you be set up.
    08-27-09 03:58 PM
    When you get the phone, initially the pushed link for it is in the applications folder. More than likely it will download there.
    08-27-09 04:00 PM
    Thanks that is what I was missing was looking in the apps folder. So it stays in there and that is where i go to open it each time. Cool !
    Last edited by Lita9; 08-27-09 at 08:52 PM.
    08-27-09 08:48 PM
    Thanks that is what I was missing was looking in the apps folder. So i assume each time I download something I have to go to apps folder and "finish".
    No, facebook, and a few others, are a little different because the shortcut is "pre-installed" (although it's not really there until you actually install it). Most other apps you install, assuming you keep the default configuration, will appear under "downloads", ready to go. You can move them afterward to any folder you like or the homescreen if you want.
    08-27-09 08:52 PM
    check applications or downloads
    08-27-09 09:34 PM
    Thanks that is what I was missing was looking in the apps folder. So it stays in there and that is where i go to open it each time. Cool !
    you can move it to the home screen if you want then you dont have to go back into the folder to open it.
    08-27-09 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD