I just got the link for the new ubertwitter 0.98 and after installing and rebooting,I tried
    Validating my account and I got the error message "token error code 401"...I really need help urgently.thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-10 01:41 AM
    I DL the new UT beta and everything works fine for me...try DL'ing it again, maybe that would fix the issue...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-10 06:37 AM
    I'm getting the same error. I've installed/deleted 3 times already.
    07-23-10 07:45 AM
    Ubertwitter updated their FAQ regarding this error.

FAQ
    1.Cannot verify my account with Beta-8, I know my username/password are correct!
    This is most likely due to the time and/or timezone on your device being incorrect. Due to the way Twitter now requires authentication it is very sensitive to timestamps on requests to their API being wrong by too much. Click the options icon on your device, small wrench icon, then click 'Date/Time' and on that screen change your timezone first, and then set your time.
    07-23-10 09:47 AM
    Ubertwitter updated their FAQ regarding this error.

FAQ
    1.Cannot verify my account with Beta-8, I know my username/password are correct!
    This is most likely due to the time and/or timezone on your device being incorrect. Due to the way Twitter now requires authentication it is very sensitive to timestamps on requests to their API being wrong by too much. Click the options icon on your device, small wrench icon, then click 'Date/Time' and on that screen change your timezone first, and then set your time.
    if my timezone is already set and time is right then whats the solution of this problem.i am still facing this error for account validation.....
    07-24-10 01:25 AM
    I'm good.
    I DL'd the new version from the older one using the "update" option.
    07-24-10 05:38 AM
    I have the same problem, please help? I cannot find anywhere in the net how to fix this.
    08-01-10 12:12 AM
    Try setting all your Application Permissions to "Allow" (every single one). Reboot if necessary and then open UT. When you enter your information it should verify it successfully. Afterwards, you can change the permissions to what you want them to be...this is how I did it with mine. But I didn't like the version overall so I ended up downgrading.
    08-05-10 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD