So i got the tour last week and besides the back door, and the terrible trackball everything was working fine. I went to sprint and they gave me a new device and everything is working much better (trackball and back door not as loose) but for some odd reason no matter what i do the facebook icon will not show up on my blackberry. i ahve uninstalled and then reinstalled and still nothing. It shows in the device that i have it as an application, and i can use it if i go through bb app world but why on earth is the icon not showing up? Any one have any tips on what i can do?

**Also how can i get rid of the icons for like myspace/flicker/nascar that all came preloaded with sprint? they arent even installed ont he device but i only have the option to hide them but i want to delete them.
    08-23-09 11:44 AM
    Check your Downloads folder.

You can't delete those icons, only hide them.
    08-23-09 11:53 AM
    ya its not there... its so weird. i looked in every possible folder too. hmm
    08-23-09 11:55 AM
    i figured it out.. seemed to work after i unistalled and reinstalled again...
    08-23-09 12:11 PM
    Usually you might have to reboot before new installed icons will show up.

As for the pre-loaded things like myspace, flickr etc... You can delete them, but they will always come back whenever your phone is reset or the carrier sends the service books again.

but if you want to delete them, go to options, advanced, service book and delete them from there.

They will come back though, eventually. All I did after having them come back so many times was to put all the crap in one folder and just hide it. That way even if the phone resets they still stay hidden.
    08-23-09 06:24 PM
    Also, make sure that the email account associated with your facebook account is synced with your BB or you won't get your facebook updates.
    08-23-09 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD