Strange, just picked up a brand new original storm (a replacement after months of problems with original). This is a brand new device which I picked up last night at the local VerizonWireless store that came with 5.0.0.328 already installed.

It is very strange that the video app is nowhere to be found. I have set "show all" and checked all folders. I should add I have purposely done absolutely nothing to the device in terms of installing/changing/deleting anything since receiving it from Verizon as I want to see if a "clean" original, out-of-the-box device with a fresh OS installed by Verizon/RIM will be more reliable than my previous device.

It is not a huge deal that this is missing since I don't use it all that often but now it has me wondering if other things might be missing. Not sure if it is related but I don't see Google Maps in any folders either which was on my original device but wasn't sure if that was something that needed to be downloaded.

Thoughts? Is there a way to download one of the basic apps like this?
    12-02-09 08:37 AM
    The video camera app is a module/part of the 5.0.0 core applications. It is not a separate downloaded app and it should be paired with a core Videos app. You can confirm this yourself by opening \Options\Applications\Core\Blackberry 5.0.0 Core Applications and checking net_rim_bb_video_recorder is present.

First double confirm that you are just not finding it. My Video Camera is located in the Media folder. Go to your Media folder and check there. If not, once there, click the BB key and check that there is no check mark next to the Hide selection. If so, uncheck it (I realize you mentioned you did this already).

If you still can't find it in Media I'd do a battery pull. Since your S1 is new or a refurb, someone at the VZ store could have moved the video apps to another folder. I'd do a thorough manual search of all the folders if you haven't already. If you still can't find it after all of the above. I'd take a trip back to your VZ store and tell them "You know this thing is supposed to take videos. How do I take videos with my new phone?" and see what happens.

I hope this helps.
    12-02-09 09:27 AM
    Embarrassed but glad I posted here. I had hidden the "Media" folder. I didn't realize it was a folder. I thought it was a Media App so I never thought to open it. duh!

Thanks very much!
    -Matt
    12-02-09 09:55 AM
    Glad to help!
    12-02-09 10:20 AM
    We all made the same mistake when 5.0 came out. The way the media is handled changed.
    12-02-09 12:40 PM
    I just bought a 9530 to "play" with on T-Mobile and installed 5.0. So far, working okay, and really fast!

Anyway, aside from what has already been mentioned, I found the video camera by selecting the camera, menu key, and selecting video camera.
    12-02-09 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD