I'm sure someone has loaded some type of spyware on my phone. They can see my text messages and they know who calls me or who i call.

I thought it was that Flexispy; just not sure b/c I could locate the application or process on my phone.

Does anyone have a more current program than the one listed below:
    net_rim_app_console_pro
    I don't see this one, but i'm sure it is something there. I really don't want to wipe my entire phone data.

I saw someone mention about changing firewall setting to see what programs are accessing my phone. How does that work?

Someone please help me.
    05-24-11 05:31 PM
    How can you tell that your phone is infected with spyware?

Wiping the phone would be the best option if this is a concern for you. At least you'd know for sure that any malicious programs would be removed for your BB and would be way easier than doing all that research.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Apocalypso; 05-24-11 at 10:51 PM.
    05-24-11 10:48 PM
    If you can't find it on your phone there's nothing there.

05-25-11 12:50 AM
    If you can't find it on your phone there's nothing there.

Agreed. Plus, if the OP steers clear from using apps from unknown or obscure sources, he/she has nothing to fear from spyware.

Besides, though it isn't impossible, I can't tell the last time I've heard any BB owner (legitimately) complain of their phone being infected with spyware.

Last edited by Apocalypso; 05-25-11 at 07:23 AM.
    05-25-11 07:21 AM
    Agreed. Plus, if the OP steers clear from using apps from unknown or obscure sources, he/she has nothing to fear from spyware.

Besides, though it isn't impossible, I can't tell the last time I've heard any BB owner (legitimately) complain of their phone being infected with spyware.

Not infected, it gets installed by a suspious spouse usually. It HAS to be installed on the device directly, and the software is VERY expensive.

EDIT: Ok I just did a little research and the cod file he mentioned IS flexispy! If you have that installed on your BB then you are infected! You might try BBSAK and use that to remove the cod.
    05-25-11 07:56 AM
    Not infected, it gets installed by a suspious spouse usually. It HAS to be installed on the device directly, and the software is VERY expensive.

EDIT: Ok I just did a little research and the cod file he mentioned IS flexispy! If you have that installed on your BB then you are infected! You might try BBSAK and use that to remove the cod.
    And set a password for your phone so it doesn't happen again.
    05-25-11 09:03 AM

Hmm...well to resolve that I'd simply wipe the phone and reapply the OS, etc. That way, the OP will be certain that he/she has a completely bug free phone.

05-26-11 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD