Making a new thread for ShortcutMe

this time around we are introducing a new epic feature in the SCM series which is CUSTOM SYSTEM MENUS

what is it?

Now you can access SCM from any app via pressing menu button
    and heres the kicker... you can set you shortcuts to be accessed via pressing menu button too!

Here is what i am talking about:

Enable this feature by going to common config.

User who bought 5.0 or upgraded to 5.0 can only use this app

Email Me: Suprah [at] crackberry [dot] com for the link on the behalf of Vijik
    Last edited by Suprah; 12-16-10 at 02:11 PM.
    shrewsburysq likes this.
    12-16-10 01:53 PM
    Hey Dre, you might want to change the email address if you don't want spam bots to get ahold of it.
    Suprah [at] crackberry [dot] com
    12-16-10 02:03 PM
    Hey Dre, you might want to change the email address if you don't want spam bots to get ahold of it.
    Suprah [at] crackberry [dot] com
    thanks lol
    12-16-10 02:13 PM
    thanks for the sweet post
    12-16-10 07:03 PM
    Thank you Suprah for the post.

FYI: I put a newer version (5.2.1.1) on the same OTA link.

New in 5.2.1.1:

1- # of Custom System Menus increased to 10

2- First System Menu that was only for adding ShortcutMe to System Menu (in 5.2.1.0) is now (in 5.2.1.1) also fully customizable like the other 9.

The reason for 2 is that you can now set the Menu Name to, for example, .ShortcutMe (with a dot in front) and any time you hit BlackBerry/Menu key you can hit . (dot) to jump to the first Custom System Menu of yours (in this case ShortcutMe). From there on, you can just hit the first character of your other Custom System Menus to get to them directly. This helps you to quickly launch your Custom System Menus instead of navigating to find them.

Example:
    Custom System Menu 1 Name: .ShortcutMe
    Custom System Menu 2 Name: BBM
    Custom System Menu 3 Name: New Memo
    Custom System Menu 4 Name: Facebook
    Custom System Menu 10 Name: _______

Now if you hit BlackBerry/Menu key once, and then . (dot) and then click, it launches ShortcutMe. This is regardless of what menu item is highlighted when BlackBerry/Menu key is clicked.

BBM: BB/Menu Key + . + B

Facebook: BB/Menu Key + . + F

Last Item in your Custom Menus: BB/Menu Key + _

Enjoy!
    the brother likes this.
    12-16-10 11:10 PM
    Hi Suprah, I've just emailed you.
    12-17-10 01:40 AM
    This looks a great new feature - I have just emailed you.

James
    12-17-10 02:31 AM
    I installed 5.2.1 last night, and I will update shortly to 5.2.1.1.

I have initially added the macros to turn wifi on/off to the menus (including changing the Default Browser as appropriate). One "bit of weirdness" that I have seen is that when I launch the shortcuts from the menu I see a blank white screen as opposed to the SCM screen -- not sure if you can address this or not...

Great enhancements, though!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-10 07:34 AM
    After "playing" with this a bit, I have a request for enhancement. Please consider adding a way to easily reorder the shortcuts that are added to the menu -- when I add additional items to the menu, I don't necessarily want to add them to the end of the list of menu items that I have previously defined within SCM. A couple options (there are probably more) would be to either:

1. Add an additional parameter to the Custom Menu Shortcut definition to indicate position in menu.
    2. Add the ability to "move" the Custom Menu Shortcut definitions in the configuration list.

Thanks.
    12-17-10 09:48 AM
    I installed 5.2.1 last night, and I will update shortly to 5.2.1.1.

I have initially added the macros to turn wifi on/off to the menus (including changing the Default Browser as appropriate). One "bit of weirdness" that I have seen is that when I launch the shortcuts from the menu I see a blank white screen as opposed to the SCM screen -- not sure if you can address this or not...

Great enhancements, though!

It is intentionally programmed like that. The reason is that I did not want SCM to spend anytime drawing shortcuts while the System Menu launch is for launching one shortcut.

visortgw likes this.
    12-17-10 09:54 AM
    It is intentionally programmed like that. The reason is that I did not want SCM to spend anytime drawing shortcuts while the System Menu launch is for launching one shortcut.

Fair enough -- thanks for the quick reply.
    12-17-10 09:56 AM
    After "playing" with this a bit, I have a request for enhancement. Please consider adding a way to easily reorder the shortcuts that are added to the menu -- when I add additional items to the menu, I don't necessarily want to add them to the end of the list of menu items that I have previously defined within SCM. A couple options (there are probably more) would be to either:

1. Add an additional parameter to the Custom Menu Shortcut definition to indicate position in menu.
    2. Add the ability to "move" the Custom Menu Shortcut definitions in the configuration list.

Thanks.
    A parameter for System Menu Item Order is already in the program but it is not shown to you because it did not work originally. I will revisit it and add it if possible.

12-17-10 10:02 AM
    A parameter for System Menu Item Order is already in the program but it is not shown to you because it did not work originally. I will revisit it and add it if possible.

It scares me when we start thinking alike!
    Last edited by visortgw; 12-17-10 at 12:38 PM.
    12-17-10 10:04 AM
    What a great feature add! Makes it easy to email links from a website to my friends. Great job guys.

12-17-10 02:51 PM
    Wow, this is cool. Just keeps getting better and better. Great job!!!

12-18-10 03:51 PM
    This is some high quality H2O.
    12-21-10 05:17 PM
    Where can I get the newest version? Mobihand shows 5.1.0.0 which is what I have installed. Some macros won't work?!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    12-22-10 05:00 AM
    Great stuff, more customized! Keep up the great work!
    12-22-10 07:16 AM
    It works really well. Now instead of using one of the side convenience keys, it launches from the space bar.
    12-22-10 12:20 PM
    Vijik,

I noticed that only 130 shortcuts are allowed. Has this number increased in the latest updates? If not, are there plans for an increase?
    12-30-10 10:18 AM
    This works great, been using it for a while now and no problems. Keep up the great work! This is my 'must have' app.
    01-05-11 08:43 PM
    cant wait to try out this new update been using SCM for a little while now and cant imagine my BB without it

keep up the awesome work!
    01-07-11 01:05 PM
    is this OTA update still being rolled out to paying customers upon request? as i havnt received any confirmation as yet,
    if not no worries and i will wait for the public update release

many thanks

blackthesoul
    Last edited by blackthesoul; 01-09-11 at 06:11 AM.
    01-09-11 06:06 AM
    What is the status of moving this from beta to an official release?
    01-25-11 07:49 AM
    What is the status of moving this from beta to an official release?
    bump to this question
    01-27-11 11:41 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD