Downloaded new quickpull app(5.0.1) and it blows. I have the older version in a back-up file, and was wondering if i could retrieve just that app and add it to my BB or store it in a new back-up file.
    11-09-10 09:34 PM
    Downloaded new quickpull app(5.0.1) and it blows. I have the older version in a back-up file, and was wondering if i could retrieve just that app and add it to my BB or store it in a new back-up file.
    Your review is far too kind..Steelthorn took a great, effective app and completely crapped on it and then they attempted to push this steaming pile of an excuse for an app on us. FYI if you install from appworld, be sure to check your applications lists in set up (Options> Applications> Third Party) and check for remanants of Quickpull, be sure to delete these as well otherwise it will wreck some havoc on your berry.

Does anyone have the OLDER, BETTER version of Quickpull they can share? (its freeware, so it shouldnt be a problem sharing)
    11-10-10 08:42 AM
    Well, at least this version works. I switch to deReset of the summer. A much better app.
    11-10-10 08:51 AM
    Well, at least this version works. I switch to deReset of the summer. A much better app.
    I had QuickPull, then switched also to deReset. Worth the money. I didn't like how QP reacted to OS5 on my Tour.

Does anyone have the OLDER, BETTER version of Quickpull they can share?
    I might have a copy saved of the last version compatible with OS5 saved to my drive at home. I'll check tonight and let you know.
    Last edited by Blackfeet; 11-10-10 at 10:07 AM.
    11-10-10 10:04 AM
    I might have a copy saved of the last version compatible with OS5 saved to my drive at home. I'll check tonight and let you know.
    Thanks for checking, I appreciate it.
    11-10-10 10:52 AM
    Where could I get it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 11:31 AM
    Well, it lasted about 5 minutes on my phone. I had QuickPull Free in the past but on my Bold 9650 with OS6 it had a lot of issues with locking up my device when I'd try to restart, so I deleted it. I thought I'd give it another try with this version, but find out quickly that it doesn't have the weekly reboot schedule, just daily. That was the best part about QuickPull in my opinion, the option to schedule it weekly or biweekly or whatever, as opposed to just being able to do it daily like in QuickLaunch. So, it was quickly deleted.
    11-10-10 01:43 PM
    Where could I get it?

Here.

or

Here
    11-10-10 02:08 PM
    I had prob's w/ the update yesterday for my S2.... co got back to me & provided a link to a version that works.... Worked successfully for me - figure I'd forward to others... Yes you can only schedule a reset for daily (vs wkly), but schedule it overnite.....

http://files.steelthorn.com/labs/QuickPull.jad
    11-10-10 03:32 PM
    Have not updated QP but what are the issues with the newest?
    11-10-10 04:15 PM
    Thanks for checking, I appreciate it.
    I hope I didn't get your hopes up. I don't have it. I thought I did, but . . . sorry.

Disappointing, too. I installed this last edition, then promptly uninstalled it.
    The UI stinks, functionality went backwards, and I have no idea what Steelthorn was thinking.
    11-10-10 08:13 PM
    Wow! I just installed the new one and although I haven't used it yet I'm wondering if I should even bother.

11-10-10 10:32 PM
    the primary reason i ever had quickpull was because it had the auto-notification/reset if my memory dipped below a certain number.. but now they got rid of it completely (lord knows why?) and the only thing you can do with it is to run a reset or schedule a reset. and they changed the icon color to blue (which is cheesy imo) but they dont give you the option to keep it red, which is kind of off-putting for me.

as far as functioning, qp on my phone (os6 9700) runs fine and does everything it should without bugs or errors.

im hoping the next update will reincorporate the memory feature otherwise it will be deleted and ill do the old fashioned alt-shift-delete method for quick resets.
    Last edited by chulang; 11-12-10 at 06:26 PM.
    11-12-10 03:58 AM
    the primary reason i ever had QuickPull was because it had the auto-notification/reset if my memory dipped below a certain number.. but now they got rid of it completely (lord knows why?) and the only thing you can do with it is to run a reset or schedule a reset. and they changed the icon color to blue (which is cheesy imo) but they dont give you the option to keep it red, which is kind of off-putting for me.

as far as functioning, qp on my phone (os6 9700) runs fine and does everything it should without bugs or errors.

im hoping the next update will reincorporate the memory feature otherwise it will be deleted and ill do the old fashioned alt-shift-delete method for quick resets.
    I fixed it for you . . .
    11-12-10 08:24 AM
    Your review is far too kind..Steelthorn took a great, effective app and completely crapped on it and then they attempted to push this steaming pile of an excuse for an app on us. FYI if you install from appworld, be sure to check your applications lists in set up (Options> Applications> Third Party) and check for remanants of Quickpull, be sure to delete these as well otherwise it will wreck some havoc on your berry.

Does anyone have the OLDER, BETTER version of Quickpull they can share? (its freeware, so it shouldnt be a problem sharing)
    UPDATE- STEELTHORN might have fixed their problems with the new version of Quickpull. Original update (v 5.0.1) sucked horribly. After installing, it would not reboot and freeze after getting stuck in a process. After removing the app from app world, scrolling over to my third party applications listing in options menu and deleting Quickpull files from there, deleting Quickpull folder from SD Card and resetting/refreshing my appworld installed apps list (ALT + RST) I installed Quickpull (v 5.0.2) which apparantly WORKS.

If you recall original update had orange Quickpull Icon, new update has a blue icon.
    Last edited by Ghostnyc; 11-12-10 at 11:17 AM. Reason: more details
    11-12-10 11:06 AM
    I fixed it for you . . .
    oops, didnt even catch that, but yes thats what i meant lol thanks
    11-12-10 06:26 PM
    oops, didnt even catch that, but yes thats what i meant lol thanks
    No worries . . . glad to be of assistance.
    11-12-10 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD