Got 2.20 from App World. Do we have to wait now for 2.20.2 to show up there? Or is this actually the same? My BB Options/Applications reports just 2.20.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 04:14 AM
    So,

If App World ever gets 2.20, will it show me an Update option or do you just download and hope they don't charge. Sorry - novice here.

Thanks,

Rich
    Anyone know the answer to this?

Also, I still only see 2.17 on App World.

Thanks,

Rich
    02-21-10 08:01 AM
    Anyone know the answer to this?

Also, I still only see 2.17 on App World.

Thanks,

Rich
    Did you log in to app world. not just click on my apps. Sometimes you have to relogin to refresh apps.

What a joke app world is. I only get an email update saying there is an upate for my apps when i log in and already see this. CB sends me one automatically. Man im dumb for getting QL from app world.
    02-21-10 11:42 AM
    anyway of getting a wallpapers section on the forums for QL like they have for the phones.
    02-21-10 11:46 AM
    Did you log in to app world. not just click on my apps. Sometimes you have to relogin to refresh apps.

What a joke app world is. I only get an email update saying there is an upate for my apps when i log in and already see this. CB sends me one automatically. Man im dumb for getting QL from app world.
    Aaah, I logged in now (I am not real bright). However, now I see the option to reinstall (it lists 2.17). I will wait a few more more days to see if it offers me an upgrade.

What is the preferred download provider? I agree App World seems a pain.

Thanks,

Rich
    02-21-10 11:49 AM
    Got 2.20 from App World. Do we have to wait now for 2.20.2 to show up there? Or is this actually the same? My BB Options/Applications reports just 2.20.

it shows 2.20.2 if you check QL Options -> about
    02-21-10 11:58 AM
    Aaah, I logged in now (I am not real bright). However, now I see the option to reinstall (it lists 2.17). I will wait a few more more days to see if it offers me an upgrade.

What is the preferred download provider? I agree App World seems a pain.

Thanks,

Rich
    2.20.2 is already on app world. app world doesn't display the update on devices for a few days because of their weird cache system. it updates every few days as opposed to whenever you load app world. they claim the latest app world is faster so try uninstall/reinstall of app world
    02-21-10 12:00 PM
    2.20.2 is already on app world. app world doesn't display the update on devices for a few days because of their weird cache system. it updates every few days as opposed to whenever you load app world. they claim the latest app world is faster so try uninstall/reinstall of app world
    Thanks. Still no joy. If I understood your comments above, the app is really 2.20, it just doesn't show it.

I try to reinstall and it tells me that I am replacing 2.18 with 2.17, do I want to continue. I will give it a shot next week.

Thanks,

Rich
    02-21-10 12:10 PM
    do the following if you don't want to wait:
    1) Use QL Backup to save your data
    2) Go to My World and Delete QuickLaunch
    2) uninstall QuickLaunch from your phone from Options, Advanced, Applications.
    3) uninstall App World
    4) Look for the following folder on your device memory. if it's there delete it:
    device memory/blackberry/app_world/downloads/"your pin"/quicklaunch
    5) download and install the LATEST App World Client from here: BlackBerry App World
    6) go to app world. click the My World icon
    7) Install QuickLaunch
    02-21-10 12:14 PM
    do the following if you don't want to wait:
    1) Use QL Backup to save your data
    2) Go to My World and Delete QuickLaunch
    2) uninstall QuickLaunch from your phone from Options, Advanced, Applications.
    3) uninstall App World
    4) Look for the following folder on your device memory. if it's there delete it:
    device memory/blackberry/app_world/downloads/"your pin"/quicklaunch
    5) download and install the LATEST App World Client from here: BlackBerry App World
    6) go to app world. click the My World icon
    7) Install QuickLaunch
    Thanks for your efforts. I followed those explicitly. Even checked to make sure the old versions were gone. But when I download it says 2.20, but my program list shows 2.18.

Maybe I will wait a while.

Thanks,

Rich
    02-21-10 02:02 PM
    Just updated from APP World. Love the updates.
    02-22-10 11:50 AM
    Thanks for your efforts. I followed those explicitly. Even checked to make sure the old versions were gone. But when I download it says 2.20, but my program list shows 2.18.

Maybe I will wait a while.

Thanks,

Rich
    Success. I was able to update it today. Thanks
    02-22-10 07:38 PM
    Would anyone have a thought on what's different about screenshots taken with QL? After using QL to capture a couple screenshots I tried to upload to Photobucket and they were reported as failed, also I iploaded a QL screenshot from my PC to the forums and while the link is there it opens up a page to an error message. I then tried Captureit and sending pictures from camera and from my PC with zero failures, all the QL shots save as .png, they're small, I can't figure it out.
    Running QL 2.20.2 with the .451 leak, nothing else wrong with QL or OS in general.

02-22-10 09:26 PM
    try the jpg format
    02-22-10 09:47 PM
    try the jpg format
    Thanks Cheetah, didn't remember that was an option. Works like a charm, now off to give my device a wipe to get rid of Captuerit. I always get exception errors when using it, followed me to the Storm2. So having a screen capture embedded in QL is a godsend - thanks for including it

02-22-10 10:39 PM
    Just noticed that QL will not launch Slacker Radio version 3.
    02-24-10 02:56 PM
    I've contacted Slacker dev. When they let me know how to launch their update i will update QL.
    02-24-10 03:09 PM
    anyway of getting a wallpapers section on the forums for QL like they have for the phones.

http://forums.crackberry.com/album.p...&pictureid=999

http://forums.crackberry.com/album.p...&pictureid=998
    02-24-10 03:22 PM
    Forgot how to attach pics.
    Attached Thumbnails NEW QuickLaunch v2.20 for the Storm Released! Background Images, WebSearch, and More!-ql3.jpg   NEW QuickLaunch v2.20 for the Storm Released! Background Images, WebSearch, and More!-ql1.jpg  
    02-24-10 03:34 PM
    Here are my QL wallpaper cheetahace sorry for taking long been really busy with work and life.

02-28-10 06:39 AM
    Here are some more

02-28-10 06:40 AM
    Some more

02-28-10 06:41 AM
    The last ones i have for now

02-28-10 06:48 AM
    Good stuff Taz. Thank you and I agree that a QL section for walls should be available.
    02-28-10 07:06 AM
    Good stuff Taz. Thank you and I agree that a QL section for walls should be available.
    Thanks i'm looking for the thread for the storm 2 so i can repost the walls there to but no luck for me
    02-28-10 07:18 AM
202 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD