QuickLaunch 2.20 for the Storm and Storm 2 is now available!

Note: YOU MUST SET ALL PERMISSIONS TO ALLOW DURING INSTALLATION FOR THIS RELEASE TO WORK PROPERLY!
    Go to Options, Applications, QuickLaunch. Highlight QuickLaunch; don't click it.
    Hit the menu key. Select Edit Permissions. Set ALL permissions to Deny. Save. Then set ALL to Allow. Then save. Then pull the battery for 30 seconds.

*** If you are a current owner of QuickLaunch for a device other than the Storm and you wish to load the Storm version on your phone and you did NOT purchase from Blackberry App World you must sign in to your account page at Mobihand.com here: Smartphone Software and Accessories- MobiHand Software Store Support
    and then click on the link that says 'Contact Us'.
    Fill out the form and have them switch your device type and they will get back to you.

New Features in 2.20:

Web Search
    (see images below)
    This is added functionality to the already existing Google, Wikipedia and Dictionary search included in previous versions of QuickLaunch.
    Now with Web Search you can quickly search using the following sites:
    . Google
    . Yahoo
    . Bing
    . Amazon
    . eBay
    . BBC
    . Google News
    . Google Images
    . YouTube
    . iMDb
    . Dictionary
    . Thesaurus
    . Wikipedia
    . Wikipedia 2

Web Search will save the previously utilized site for your next search.

Configurable Screen Capture Image Format

You can now choose between JPG and PNG format for screen capture images.

MMS Inbox
    Quickly access your mms inbox

AOL Instant Messenger Support
    Start AIM old school method and from then on you can use QL to bring it to the foreground.

New Colors:
    Added the following colors to menu and title bar text:
    Royal Blue, Violet-Red, Magenta, Sienna, Lime, Light Sea Green, Teal, Hot Pink, Gold and Platinum

Background Image

Skin your QuickLaunch by loading an image!
    Please use images with dimensions of 218x413 for best results. Larger images are not recommended for obvious reasons.
    I've attached some sample images below. Hopefully some of you will post some more QL Wallpapers so that I can add them to nikkisoft.com.
    Wallpapers courtesy of wjddesigns.net

GPS Toggle
    Quickly toggle your GPS on/off.

How to Configure the GPS Toggle feature:
    This feature works with macros simulating user key input.
    When you add this function via Add Application you will see an entry field labeled "Parameter:" These parameters must be entered for the GPS Toggle feature to work on your device.

Enter the parameters in the following format: p1,p2,p3 (the p's are numbers)
    The first number (p1) refers to the position that the 'Advanced Options' selection is located on your Blackberry Options screen. For most devices this would be a '2'. The second number (p2) refers to the location of 'GPS' under Advanced Options. The third number (p3) will be the location of the 'GPS Services button on the GPS screen. (the one with 'Location On' and 'Location Off')

If entered correctly the paramters should look like 2,6,2 or something similar to that depending on your device.

And now for the bad news:
    Check for Update Function Discontinued
    This feature has been removed for numerous reasons. It might be added back sometime in the future but for now it's history.
    This means App World customers will have to wait until App World approves this release. My apologies.

Note: If you are using a zip code for the weather you must re-configure the settings to use a 'Location ID' instead of zip code. Yahoo weather is currently changing the location id's and your city's id may have been changed recently. According to yahoo zip codes are being phased out and eventually only Location ID's will be accepted. So go in to QL Options and read the new instructions for obtaining your Location ID.

Watch the QuickLaunch Demo Video in HD here:

Price:
    Current owners who've purchased on or after April 1st, 2009: Free
    Current owners who've purchased before April 1st, 2009 and who do not have version 2.0+: $1.99
    New Customers: $4.99

QL 2.20 for the Storm is not yet available on App World.
    It has been submitted to RIM for inclusion but they have a minimum 1 week approval time.

For more information please visit: NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher

QuickLaunch

Thank you.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 02-06-10 at 11:07 PM.
    02-06-10 09:00 PM
    Wow nice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-06-10 09:09 PM
    Second...
    Oh h3ll yeah.
    02-06-10 09:10 PM
    Looks nice.
    FYI Storm is misspelled in the red ink. Good work on the update.
    02-06-10 09:10 PM
    God I love QL!

02-06-10 09:12 PM
    Damn it shady u r always faster than me bro!

02-06-10 09:13 PM
    Mobihand Server seems to be choking at the moment so no need for panic posts please. It'll be fixed shortly..
    02-06-10 09:16 PM
    ...should be ok now
    02-06-10 09:23 PM
    Mobihand Server seems to be choking at the moment so no need for panic posts please. It'll be fixed shortly..
    Gotcha. I actually came back to check on that because I couldn't download it. Thanks for the heads up.

02-06-10 09:25 PM
    Damn it shady u r always faster than me bro!

Lol.

Yeah, it's fixed now. At first the mobile app store would only show support and cancel with no download button. Thanks Cheetah.
    02-06-10 09:25 PM
    Looks nice.
    FYI Storm is misspelled in the red ink. Good work on the update.
    Fixed. thank you and thanks
    02-06-10 09:30 PM
    You might want to make another thread in the Storm 2 section.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/
    02-06-10 09:33 PM
    awesome update! Now who has backgrounds to share?
    02-06-10 09:36 PM
    i love the new and improved!
    Nice update!
    Yea... let's see some backgrounds please.
    02-06-10 09:38 PM
    You might want to make another thread in the Storm 2 section.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/
    Good idea. Thanks.
    02-06-10 09:41 PM
    I guess I get to be the first downer to the post. But I had a few questions,
    The add mute camera button doesn't stay in the menu after reboot?, also my fonts don't look any where nearly as clean as yours do. Lastly when every I click reset my phone in the quick launch menu I always have to click it twice? Am I doing something wrong ?
    Either than that, I love this app and great job.
    Mike
    02-06-10 09:44 PM
    That's the way it works.
    not sure about your fonts. Those are screenshots from my device.
    02-06-10 09:45 PM
    spoke too soon. the mute should stay after a reboot. it does on mine and the beta testers. try doing a QL Backup then restore from that backup. that should kick it in gear.
    02-06-10 09:49 PM
    I think the cost is a bit high, but that is just me.
    02-06-10 09:51 PM
    I guess I get to be the first downer to the post. But I had a few questions,
    The add mute camera button doesn't stay in the menu after reboot?, also my fonts don't look any where nearly as clean as yours do. Lastly when every I click reset my phone in the quick launch menu I always have to click it twice? Am I doing something wrong ?
    Either than that, I love this app and great job.
    Mike
    You're right about the camera mute. just verified. I'll see if I can fix it now...
    02-06-10 09:53 PM
    Camera mute bug fixed.
    Just download again from your account page.
    v2.20.1
    (version on app store will still list 2.0).
    Thanks for the heads up
    02-06-10 10:05 PM
    Bring On The Wallpapers
    02-06-10 10:07 PM
    You're right about the camera mute. just verified. I'll see if I can fix it now...
    Just for giggles I went back in and reset the mute feature and re backed up my setting. Did a battery pull, then went back in and restored it and nothing happened. It would be absolutely great if the mute feature could not only stay in the menu but stay selected to what you want it to be after a battery pull.
    Also here's some screen captures of the fonts that I was mentioning.

Thanks,
    Mike
    02-06-10 10:08 PM
191 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD