OK this is ridiculous, fresh os install, nothing but quick launch installed, same error. Oh well I guess this app was a waste of money for me.
    08-23-09 03:07 PM
    I am running 6v8 with quick launch and i have no problems what so ever. are you doing fresh install of the program or are you reloading from blackberry desktop or bbsak 3rd party app backup/reload program?
    08-23-09 03:09 PM
    I am running 6v8 with quick launch and i have no problems what so ever. are you doing fresh install of the program or are you reloading from blackberry desktop or bbsak 3rd party app backup/reload program?
    Fresh installs of everything (always do just in case), could it be something that I am shrinking? It is really weird because BBM works just fine, I just can't access it using quicklaunch.
    Last edited by puffnstuff; 08-23-09 at 03:15 PM.
    08-23-09 03:13 PM
    Something wierd is going on now I get the same error, so I press OK and then try to access BBM from ther home screen and it says uncaught exception:java.lang.nullpointerexception, so I press OK and then try again from the homescreen and it works fine any thoughts?
    08-23-09 03:43 PM
    Something wierd is going on now I get the same error, so I press OK and then try to access BBM from ther home screen and it says uncaught exception:java.lang.nullpointerexception, so I press OK and then try again from the homescreen and it works fine any thoughts?
    Sounds like something is conflicting, but as you know some of these issues tend to work themselves out.
    08-23-09 03:46 PM
    Sounds like something is conflicting, but as you know some of these issues tend to work themselves out.
    I hope so, was just told in another thread that I'm not the only one. I searched on here before buying it and couldn't find anything saying it wouldn't work with BBM5, I guess the first page should be updated so no one else has the same thing happen to them. Well uninstalling and waiting for an update. Great app if it worked properly.
    08-23-09 03:51 PM
    I hope so, was just told in another thread that I'm not the only one. I searched on here before buying it and couldn't find anything saying it wouldn't work with BBM5, I guess the first page should be updated so no one else has the same thing happen to them. Well uninstalling and waiting for an update. Great app if it worked properly.
    I just got the same thing, I don't think the two are compatible. I usually don't use QL to launch my BBM. Here's the screen:

This is what you were talking about, so it's not an issue in either app, they're just not compatible.
    08-23-09 04:15 PM
    the GPS shortcut doesn't work with pattern lock enabled on options menu
    08-23-09 04:36 PM
    I just got the same thing, I don't think the two are compatible. I usually don't use QL to launch my BBM. Here's the screen:

This is what you were talking about, so it's not an issue in either app, they're just not compatible.
    That's it, I knew I wasn't crazy, well maybe a little.
    08-23-09 04:51 PM
    That's it, I knew I wasn't crazy, well maybe a little.
    ok i dont know what the error is about but as far as i know BBM 5 does not work with QL. but this would be answered better by cheetahace

also shayd what theme you rockin?
    08-23-09 04:54 PM
    shady--what theme are you running there in that pic?
    08-23-09 04:58 PM
    ok i dont know what the error is about but as far as i know BBM 5 does not work with QL. but this would be answered better by cheetahace

also shayd what theme you rockin?
    I knew somebody was gonna notice...damn. I'm doing beta for guzzl3r's theme:
    Premium HTC Hero Storm 95xx OS 4.7.
    08-23-09 04:59 PM
    I knew somebody was gonna notice...damn. I'm doing beta for guzzl3r's theme:
    Premium HTC Hero Storm 95xx OS 4.7.
    just saw it. whens the release? also while on the subject you hear from KD?
    08-23-09 05:03 PM
    just saw it. whens the release? also while on the subject you hear from KD?
    This may be out tonight if all goes well, as far as KD...haven't heard anything. I might hit him up on facebook later, I know he was working with themes for other phones though.
    08-23-09 05:05 PM
    This may be out tonight if all goes well, as far as KD...haven't heard anything. I might hit him up on facebook later, I know he was working with themes for other phones though.
    well let me know. atleast we got jerde back
    08-23-09 05:07 PM
    well let me know. atleast we got jerde back
    That's true, KD kinda fell out of existence. I hope all is well.
    08-23-09 05:11 PM
    Please help. Everytime I add bb messenger to quicklaunch and try to use it I keep getting an error saying "uncaught exception: object already exsists? What does that mean I have tried deleteing and reinstalling both and I keep getting the same error. Also I have reinstalled the os a couple of times to fix it with no results.
    BBM5 does not support 3rd party launching.
    08-23-09 09:09 PM
    BBM5 does not support 3rd party launching.
    That's what I figured. Is it possible to add that to the main post in big red letters?
    08-23-09 09:11 PM
    Please add a step by step guide to add the bluetooth toggle. I try adding the app, but it does not let me change the parameters.

J
    08-24-09 08:56 AM
    Please add a step by step guide to add the bluetooth toggle. I try adding the app, but it does not let me change the parameters.

J
    Go through the process manually and make sure the parameter numbers are correct for your phone. Each phone may be different depending on other applications installed. The process would be (Options)(Bluetooth)(Click)(Option Key)(Enable Bluetooth). Be sure to count from the top of the list you get when you select (Options) from "About" to "Bluetooth". That is your first parameter. Count down the list you get when you hit the (Options Key) to "Enable Bluetooth. That will be your second parameter. My parameters are 8,4 because I have applications that have setups in (Options) and some have setup options that show up in the second list. So, you see everyone is different. Just play with it a bit and you will get it to work.
    08-24-09 10:43 AM
    Super excited about Stay Lit! This is an awesome addition...Thank you!
    08-24-09 12:09 PM

J
    Hi. Yea... I"m working on my new website and it's almost ready. I'll have a
    bluetooth toggle explanation on there. I'll probably pull some of the explanations from this thread as they are worded better than I can do.
    Thanks
    08-24-09 12:41 PM
    Is the Stay Lit supposed to disable when you hit the end-call button from an application to stick it in the background? Was listening to slacker today, had stay lit on, and everytime I hit the end call button to go read a text, I noticed that I had to re-enable Stay Lit.
    Is anyone else having this problem with Stay Lit?
    08-24-09 04:16 PM
    this disables stay lit. i'll change it next rev
    08-24-09 04:20 PM
    Is the Stay Lit supposed to disable when you hit the end-call button from an application to stick it in the background? Was listening to slacker today, had stay lit on, and everytime I hit the end call button to go read a text, I noticed that I had to re-enable Stay Lit.
    this disables stay lit. i'll change it next rev
    Awesome! Thanks
    08-24-09 04:23 PM
101 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD