Hi,

I've finally purchased QuickLaunch and have some questions:

1) Flashlight. Is it supposed to turn the flash on automatically or do you still have to press Space once QL launches the Video Player?

2) Camera Mute. There is a option to add this to the top of the system menu. Is it also possible to have this option on QuickLaunch?

3) Weather. There is an option to get a temperature indication in QuickLaunch given a Location ID. I am not able to get any temperature information. I have tried different IDs and also Use Alternate Connection Method. No Luck. Any suggestions?

Any other Tips&Tricks for a new user would be appreciated

Regards
    Vaughan
    03-09-10 05:22 AM
    1.)
    To set up the Flashlight:
    Launch QL
    Menu
    Add items
    Applications
    Flashlight
    Choose Shortcut ('F' for example)

Then to activate the Flashlight you need to launch QL (spacebar) and hit F. This will open the camera and turn the flash on. Once you exit the camera, the flash will turn off.

2.)
    To add QL Mute to your BlackBerry menu:
    Launch QL
    Menu
    QL Options
    Add Camera Mute To System Menu
    Yes

This will add the QL Mute to your BlackBerry menu and you just need to click on it to activate mute. Click again to de activate.

3.)
    Haven't messed with weather yet.
    03-09-10 06:16 AM
    Hi Chrisy,

Thanks for the reply.

1) I do have the flashlight set up exactly as you described. The problem is launching "Flashlight" opens the video camera application (as expected) but it does not turn on the flash. I have to manually press spacebar to start the flash.
    Any idea how I can fix this? (I have restarted)

2) I do have QL Mute added to the BlackBerry menu as described. I was just wondering if QL Mute could be added to the QuickLaunch list instead. I find having QL Mute appear in the BlackBerry menu is a bit of a clutter.
    03-09-10 06:27 AM
    I also just downloaded QuickLaunch. Took me a little while to figure out why I could not set 3-letter shortcuts....it was only allowing me to set 1 letter shortcuts.

I had to update to the latest version....apparently the app in the app store is an older version.

I too have not had success with weather.
    03-09-10 06:31 AM
    What version of QL are you running?

1.)
    Have you tried:
    "Note: YOU MUST SET ALL PERMISSIONS TO ALLOW DURING INSTALLATION FOR THIS RELEASE TO WORK PROPERLY!
    Go to Options, Applications, QuickLaunch. Highlight QuickLaunch; don't click it.
    Hit the menu key. Select Edit Permissions. Set ALL permissions to Deny. Save. Then set ALL to Allow. Then save. Then pull the battery for 30 seconds."

2.)
    i don't know of a way to add it to the QL shortcuts.

However, i'm still a QL newb too. i got the app last night. If i find any solutions i'll post. In the meantime hopefully others will come along with some advice!

Hi Chrisy,

Thanks for the reply.

1) I do have the flashlight set up exactly as you described. The problem is launching "Flashlight" opens the video camera application (as expected) but it does not turn on the flash. I have to manually press spacebar to start the flash.

2) I do have QL Mute added to the BlackBerry menu as described. I was just wondering if QL Mute could be added to the QuickLaunch list instead. I find having QL Mute appear in the BlackBerry menu is a bit of a clutter.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 06:42 AM
    Hi Chrisy,

Thanks for the reply.

You need to change the flash option in Video Camera. Video Camera -> Options -> Video Light (ON)
    03-09-10 06:57 AM
    Yes! That works for me when i tested. Good fix!

03-09-10 07:06 AM
    hi guys
    i purchased a QL yesterday and im trying to get the activation code so plz anybody can help me where and how do i get the act. code . i purchased frm BB app store thru BB. thanks in advance and help is appreciated
    03-09-10 07:47 AM
    bharuch7282,

Open BlackBerry App World and search for QuickLaunch, then select it. The activation code should be at the top.

03-09-10 07:54 AM
    I have had ql for ever and can't find the camera mute option? And I know a lot about ql?its not in my options

03-09-10 07:56 AM
    Thanks for all the replies

What version of QL are you running?

1.)
    Have you tried:
    "Note: YOU MUST SET ALL PERMISSIONS TO ALLOW DURING INSTALLATION FOR THIS RELEASE TO WORK PROPERLY!
    Go to Options, Applications, QuickLaunch. Highlight QuickLaunch; don't click it.
    Hit the menu key. Select Edit Permissions. Set ALL permissions to Deny. Save. Then set ALL to Allow. Then save. Then pull the battery for 30 seconds."

2.)
    i don't know of a way to add it to the QL shortcuts.

However, i'm still a QL newb too. i got the app last night. If i find any solutions i'll post. In the meantime hopefully others will come along with some advice!

I am running version 2.18.2

I have indeed set all permissions and even did a 30 second battery pull.
    I eventually figured out (as AtMostFear suggested) that the Video Light needs to be set On by default.

I've not been able to find an entry for the QL shortcuts. Maybe something to request for a next version.

You need to change the flash option in Video Camera. Video Camera -> Options -> Video Light (ON)
    Thanks for the suggestion! It seems like a bit of a workaround because then the Flashlight option is merely a shortcut to the Video Player. But hey if it works I'm happy

I haven't been able to get the temperature working either. Not too bothered with that at the moment though. Here is hoping BeWeather Free gets fixed soon!
    03-09-10 11:02 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion! It seems like a bit of a workaround because then the Flashlight option is merely a shortcut to the Video Player. But hey if it works I'm happy
    This is common for the flashlight apps. The only difference is some of the blank out the screen at the same time but they all seem to require you to set the flash property to on.
    03-09-10 11:25 AM
    chrisy520,

I'm new to QL as well. How do you get QL to launch by hitting the spacebar? I see how to assign it to a convenience key, but can't figure out the spacebar thing. I'm still learning how to use this app, but it looks great.
    03-09-10 04:20 PM
    To launch QL from the space bar key go to phone-options-general options-dial from home screen select no and save
    03-09-10 05:19 PM
    To set your weather go to yahooweather.com put in your area zip code and your city code will be at the top in the URL
    03-09-10 05:20 PM
    I did this and it still doesn't launch from the spacebar. I have a 9700 on AT&T running OS 5.0.0.405. I have QL v2.17.1. Not sure what the problem might be.
    03-09-10 06:48 PM
    I also just downloaded QuickLaunch. Took me a little while to figure out why I could not set 3-letter shortcuts....it was only allowing me to set 1 letter shortcuts.

I had to update to the latest version....apparently the app in the app store is an older version.

I too have not had success with weather.
    Do you mean 'App World'? App Store is mobihand/crackberry and always has the latest version.
    03-09-10 08:37 PM
    I have had ql for ever and can't find the camera mute option? And I know a lot about ql?its not in my options

The Camera Mute function is not available for the 83xx. Hardware limitation.
    03-09-10 08:38 PM

I am running version 2.18.2

I have indeed set all permissions and even did a 30 second battery pull.
    I eventually figured out (as AtMostFear suggested) that the Video Light needs to be set On by default.

I've not been able to find an entry for the QL shortcuts. Maybe something to request for a next version.

I haven't been able to get the temperature working either. Not too bothered with that at the moment though. Here is hoping BeWeather Free gets fixed soon!

The flashlight is not merely a shortcut to the video camera. The flashlight function will keep the light on. If you use the video camera alone the flash will turn off with your backlight. This is how all the flashlight apps work.

Temperature works unless you are using a recent os leak which has bugs. QL will be fixed to handle this soon.
    03-09-10 08:41 PM
    To set your weather go to yahooweather.com put in your area zip code and your city code will be at the top in the URL
    Not zip code. Location id. Zip code is no longer supported.
    03-09-10 08:42 PM
    Thanks for all the info.

I am not using a leaked OS. I am using .423. I have looked up my Location ID (which I found on YahooWeather) but I still see no indication of Temp in QL. I do however see the area where it is supposed to be but it remains blank (on both normal and alternate connection method).
    03-10-10 12:52 AM
    email me nikkisoft dot support g mail
    03-10-10 01:39 AM
    Same here. Cannot get weather to show up on QL 2.20.2. Tried with and without 'Alternate connection Method'. The location ID is 1207731. Also tried resetting permissions, new installation, battery pulls, etc. Unfortunately no luck so far. Please help.

I have a 9520 with official OS 5.0.0.580
    04-07-10 05:07 AM
    there is no alternate connection method is 2.20.2
    04-07-10 11:29 AM
    But it shows up in QL Options. Under 'Applications' it says 2.20.2 as well as in 'About QL'.
    I deleted QL, Backup files, installed OTA completely new and Battery pulled each time and made sure that all permissions are set to 'Allow'.
    The spacer for weather shows up, but no temps.
    04-07-10 09:37 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD