wondering if you guys got to fixing the 3 digit weather code problem in 2.17?
    Emailed QL support - should be fixed in 3-4 days.
    01-14-10 09:21 PM
    App. World finally sent me notification of the QL update. Works great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 11:49 PM
    Finally got the shortcut to work. However, I have shortcuts assigned to various apps and functions within QL. Usually with every version since purchase, I could assing a key (ex. D for device info), and click that key to automatically launch that app or function. Now I click on d for example and it just brings me down to device info. I still have to click the trackball to activate that link. Kind of pointless to have shortcuts that don't auto-launch.

01-15-10 02:52 AM
    App World shows the upgrade available for me, but when I attempt to upgrade to 2.17, after asking to replace 2.15.7 with 2.17, it shows starting download then immediately states "QuickLaunch is not available for download from App World." Is anyone else having this issue? I'm hesitant to try uninstalling 2.15.7 and downloading 2.17 fresh, since the error is stating that it's not available at all.
    01-15-10 10:27 AM
    your shortcut might have been deleted. i don't know why. just add it again. shortcuts will be redesigned with new functionality in next update in a few days.

if you get that msg from crapworld do the following:
    1) Go to My World and Delete QuickLaunch
    2) uninstall QuickLaunch from your phone from Options, Advanced, Applications.
    3) Delete QuickLaunch from your crapworld archive folder on sdcard if present. (NOT QL_Backup.txt!)
    4) uninstall App World
    5) pull the battery for a FULL 30 seconds
    6) download and install the LATEST App World Client
    7) go to app world. click the My World icon
    8) hit the blackberry menu key and select 'Log in'. login to My World with your paypal email you used when purchasing
    9) Install QuickLaunch
    01-15-10 11:42 AM
    Wow, that is a lot of work for an app update, I still haven't got a message from crapworld
    01-15-10 12:00 PM
    That is why the CB store is better!!!
    01-15-10 12:10 PM
    Wow, that is a lot of work for an app update, I still haven't got a message from crapworld
    the update is there.
    01-15-10 12:15 PM
    I'm using 2.17.1 on a 9700 and the Q shortcut doesn't work as advertised. All my regular shortcuts work. I'm using the standard AT&T theme.

Any help would be appreciated

01-15-10 03:56 PM
    I have two issues with this version:

1. Ain't it supposed to include a screen capture option? I cant find it!

2. I add the camera mute option, but after a while it defaults it self, even though in options still saying it is muted.
    01-17-10 10:53 AM
    your shortcut might have been deleted. i don't know why. just add it again. shortcuts will be redesigned with new functionality in next update in a few days.
    Hi.I also had QSMS installed on Q and I'd love to keep it. Not anymore.Before changing it to L or Q, please give us the possibility to disable the shortcut. 10x
    01-17-10 02:35 PM
    Hi.I also had QSMS installed on Q and I'd love to keep it. Not anymore.Before changing it to L or Q, please give us the possibility to disable the shortcut. 10x
    +1
    10 char
    01-17-10 11:11 PM
    I'm trying to figure out how to make it an option. No luck yet. For now you can assign QuickText to a double click for fast access.
    01-17-10 11:37 PM
    After upgrading to 2.18 via the "Check for Update" button within QL options, I no longer have the ability to launch things with a keyboard alphabetic shortcut.

I tried battery pulls and even deleting and reinstalling QL to no avail. Help please?

EDIT: It's working now, but there's a considerable lag when launching apps via the keyboard shortcuts that wasn't present in previous versions.
    Last edited by friedriceballer; 01-18-10 at 01:32 AM.
    01-18-10 01:19 AM
    what's going on is that there was a previous feature that if you type a
    letter that doesnt have a shortcut it used to jump to the first item that started with that letter. now with the addition of multi-click and 3 letter shortcuts that
    previous feature creates a little lag.

I think i might just remove that old feature. It's not as useful as it was before the latest feature adds.
    01-18-10 01:36 AM
    Hi, i used QL from ver 2.16..
    And i have a question, can we create shortcuts for default folders on our home screen like "Applications", "Games", "Instant Messaging", etc? There is a feature named "Folder Launcher", but i can`t access any home screen`s folders from here...
    Thanks...
    01-18-10 02:16 AM
    I can't get the Q home screen shortcut to work either. I have done the deny permissions/save/allow/battery pull exercise and still nothing. The only app I have that allows shortcuts from the home screen is Berryweather (w). All of the other OS shortcuts are working. Any other suggestions?
    01-27-10 06:26 PM
    if you have os 4.xx this will be fixed in the next update soon.
    01-27-10 06:44 PM
    Thanks. I have 4.6 on the Bold 9000. Also, looking forward to the 2.18 for the Bold 9000. Oh, I also vote for Q instead of L! Thanks, again.
    01-27-10 06:56 PM
    the next version lets you choose from a bunch of letters for the homescreen hotkey
    01-27-10 06:57 PM
    I think it is appropriate that this thread got lost somehow and wound up in the gps subforum.

I believe it needs to be moved back to 3rd party software?????
    01-27-10 07:39 PM
    yea how did it end up here? how do we get it back to the proper place?
    01-27-10 07:49 PM
97 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD