View Poll Results: Would you buy this app?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 68.85%
  • No

19 31.15%
    You know, this was very misleading to me, I clicked on here anticipating a 'new program that allows msg/sms to be saved on my media card'. But its all fine and dandy, I think it'd be an interesting and innovative app but at the same time not something that the community would die without, as we havent yet. >.>
    09-02-08 09:10 AM
    Hi Team -

We have developed a very extensive solution for this application and with any luck I will have an alpha version running by the end of this week. Beta to come the week after.

If we can meet our release schedule we will have version 1 ready by 1st week in october.

I will let you know how this goes by the end of the week (for me thats sunday). Also I have to determine if we will open an active beta test group or if we will apply active updates to Version 1 once it is released.
    09-02-08 11:47 AM
    You know, this was very misleading to me, I clicked on here anticipating a 'new program that allows msg/sms to be saved on my media card'. But its all fine and dandy, I think it'd be an interesting and innovative app but at the same time not something that the community would die without, as we havent yet. >.>
    You're right, most people do die over technology that hasn't been developed yet... *inserts extreme sarcasm* I know I will with 2012's developments.

Hi Team -

We have developed a very extensive solution for this application and with any luck I will have an alpha version running by the end of this week. Beta to come the week after.

If we can meet our release schedule we will have version 1 ready by 1st week in october.

I will let you know how this goes by the end of the week (for me thats sunday). Also I have to determine if we will open an active beta test group or if we will apply active updates to Version 1 once it is released.
    Oh thank God! I just woke up and read this and almost choked to hear some great news! Please keep us updated when you can... I'm so excited to see this happen, thanks CTLA!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 01:36 PM
    And I agree with everyone here that this is not required. However when you have a few business emails accounts and a couple personal email accounts if your not organizing your inbox your device starts to get ebombed so to say......

Now with business users we will address the encryption issue soon to come. I have a few ideas for this but need to look at the feasability of it as most likely you would have to wipe the msd card.....

well see how it goes.
    09-02-08 10:23 PM
    Well, you may be right on one thing... I doubt the IT guys will let you run this on BES. And I think that's all you were right on. This is posted in "3rd Party Applications" not "RIM innovations", where you should have posted. We are trying to develope a consumer product, much like themes and games (not everyone has to buy it). Please do not enter into a forum trying to stimulate/formulate ideas for something new, with your negative nancy attitude bud. Save that for an iPhone area!

*Any updates guys???

The funny thing about reading your response is that no one was trying to stop development, and if gaining some knowledge along the way scares you, then thats really just too bad.

So while you sit there and say that someone else has a "negative nancy attitude" what you're clearing saying is you're to narrowminded to acknowledge whats real and why a program like this hasnt been developed by RIM.

this would also defeat the security aspects of the blackberry. corporate types send all kinds of email to and from each other, usually containing sensitive business information. to prevent the possibility of this information being leaked, RIM designed the Blackberry to save to the device and disallow it to be transferred to the memory card to eliminate the possibility of sensitive data being lifted from the device simply by stealing the memory card.

it may be a feature that's of interest to you, joe consumer, or fred small business owner, and for that there are many other great devices out on the market to suit your needs. but for business consumers who need a secure communication device, the Blackberry was produced.

this is why the new Blackberry platform features up to 1GB of internal device memory.
    Thanks. This is the one response I read in this thread where someone didnt sound like a begging child clamoring, in what they probably feel is an unsubtle way, for something.
    09-02-08 10:58 PM
    [QUOTE=ScandaLeX;679765]The funny thing about reading your response is that no one was trying to stop development, and if gaining some knowledge along the way scares you, then thats really just too bad.

So while you sit there and say that someone else has a "negative nancy attitude" what you're clearing saying is you're to narrow minded to acknowledge whats real and why a program like this hasn't been developed by RIM.

Did you even read any of the posts before this? Calling me narrowminded and inferring that I missed the fact that RIM chose not to include this kind of shows your ignorance... Of course I know why RIM didn't include it, the same reason it didn't include HTML email viewing or VoIP program I'm sure, these were initially marketed as business/corporate phones. The point I was saying though, like themes and other 3rd party programs, this idea of saving messages to a media card is intended to spread the BB's abilities to the usage of specific customers... Look through bPlay and Handango, do you think RIM didn't develop some of those programs for the same reason? And why were those themes and applications developed? Because of a demand from a consumer base!

As for the "negative nancy comment", next time I'll make sure to append it with a 6th grader's "j/k" or "lol"
    ...Jesus, chill out Lex...

Now, back to the purpose of this forum;

And I agree with everyone here that this is not required. However when you have a few business emails accounts and a couple personal email accounts if your not organizing your inbox your device starts to get ebombed so to say......

Now with business users we will address the encryption issue soon to come. I have a few ideas for this but need to look at the feasability of it as most likely you would have to wipe the msd card.....

well see how it goes.
    Do you think it's possible to use the same encryption capabilities that's under Options-> Media Card-> Encryption but modify them for this program, so that only this program could decrypt it? Or would that be a waste of time and possibly useless? I was just wondering if that could help the issue talked about earlier with possible a theft...

09-03-08 12:28 AM
    I am not sure yet, that is in the next phase of this project.
    09-03-08 11:37 AM
    how about saving non media attachments to a card?
    09-03-08 12:47 PM
    CTLA, I'm looking for it now, but there is a program out there that does a database/log style format and exports it to your media card in a document formatt, and you can open it on your computer in Word, or a similar program... Not sure if that will help you, but maybe it might.

09-03-08 07:48 PM
    Nope, since I delete them almost immediately after reading them
    this is of no value to me.
    09-03-08 09:28 PM
    I have an encryption / security feature in mind for this. Also the exporting to a document or databse on the computer has already been addressed for the final product.
    09-04-08 09:49 AM
    Actually reagan I did read every single post and I stand by my response. NO one was trying to stop development; but I see you missed that all together!

So how about you CHILL OUT!
    09-04-08 10:04 AM
    Alright everyone lets stay on track no need argue in a web forum...

Everyone is free to throw there opinion out there... And anyways as of now you cant stop development as I wont stop

As far as lex points out I think the main reason that this hasnt been done is that you can simply pull the msd card out so even with encryption it still may be possible to recover the data. However on the other side to be fair not everyone requires email encryption, as alot of users are not doing business related items or literally have there berry implanted into them (ideally speaking) making it impossible to have it stolen. Like Keven, I am 90% sure he is a bionic man as his blackberry is attached to him.

Oh god now im being sucked into the debate....
    09-04-08 10:20 AM
    I don't need your program, but I hope you succeed. The BlackBerry needs more independent developers to keep the innovations coming.

As for your security concern, I assume you've looked at BlackBerry's native microSD security features. One of them, if I read it correctly, encrypts the microSD so that it can't be read outside the BlackBerry that encrypted it. If so, that would seem to be sufficient.

09-04-08 11:08 AM
    I'm certainly looking forward to the program myself.

I have a lot of emails that are large and I save them to read when I'm bored somewhere and waiting for someone or something to do. They suck up my sys mem a fair amount. Plus, I tend to save a lot of texts as well.

Nice to see people working on this sort of thing. I just figured a program like this would never happen because of the securty stuff, but nice to see that being proved wrong.

Good work guys.
    09-04-08 11:40 AM
    Actually reagan I did read every single post and I stand by my response. NO one was trying to stop development; but I see you missed that all together!

So how about you CHILL OUT!
    Hahaha, I kind of did need to chill out huh? Lol I hope you know I wasn't trying to be rude or anything with you Lex... We seem to be reaching the same point, without seeing the other right there.

Alright everyone lets stay on track no need argue in a web forum...

Everyone is free to throw there opinion out there... And anyways as of now you cant stop development as I wont stop

As far as lex points out I think the main reason that this hasnt been done is that you can simply pull the msd card out so even with encryption it still may be possible to recover the data. However on the other side to be fair not everyone requires email encryption, as alot of users are not doing business related items or literally have there berry implanted into them (ideally speaking) making it impossible to have it stolen. Like Keven, I am 90% sure he is a bionic man as his blackberry is attached to him.

Oh god now im being sucked into the debate....
    And that's funny!

I don't need your program, but I hope you succeed. The BlackBerry needs more independent developers to keep the innovations coming.

As for your security concern, I assume you've looked at BlackBerry's native microSD security features. One of them, if I read it correctly, encrypts the microSD so that it can't be read outside the BlackBerry that encrypted it. If so, that would seem to be sufficient.

This what I was trying to say earlier, but I just couldn't get it out quite as nice as you did... Hahaha

Hey CTLA, any new developments?

09-04-08 08:11 PM
    Nothing major except that we are ahead of schedule by a few days worth of development.

Also I may have a limited beta test group towards the end of the month. This will be simply to test the system functionality and stability. I will be leaving out most of the front end work that we are doing.

I will post more info on this when as we get closer.
    09-05-08 10:38 AM
    Nothing major except that we are ahead of schedule by a few days worth of development.

Also I may have a limited beta test group towards the end of the month. This will be simply to test the system functionality and stability. I will be leaving out most of the front end work that we are doing.

I will post more info on this when as we get closer.
    Awesome! I'm excited to see what you've got coming next... This is gonna be something very cool, watch out Mobihand and bPlay! lol

09-05-08 10:26 PM
    Can someone creat a program that connects to my sprint picture mail. So I can send pictures with just the number. I had the touch before this and downloaded an app called someguys mms. Worked great! Being a java enabled phone I don't know if its possible.

09-05-08 11:43 PM
    i would like to beta test just pin me....
    247AFD25
    09-05-08 11:47 PM
    Is it going to be possible to have the messages save to the card manually on your program? Or are you working on it doing it automatically?

09-08-08 04:27 PM
    Well first it was automatically... but i think ill make it do both.
    09-08-08 09:44 PM
    Manually might even make it faster/easier, if the user can choose which texts & emails get saved... Unless you're able to do automatically save them without too much lag, after you've read the message.

09-08-08 10:51 PM
    If you make this app, I would definately love to beta it.
    09-09-08 06:53 AM
    Keep up the good work guys... !
    09-09-08 07:27 AM
162 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD