I've been reading through the posts and have come across a new minor problem. When I hold the bb key down to see the running apps I see the application center icon. When I click on it the app center does not open. Now if I open the app center from the main screen and then look at the running apps I have two app center icons showing. I've tried shutting the phone off and back on and even a batterry pull with no luck. Anyone else see this and now how to fix?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 07:47 PM
    To me it sounds like a bug in the App center app.
    11-27-08 08:06 PM
    weird I got my phone on monday and with all my bb I always make sure apps are closed andthis just happened so far it does not seem to be taking up memory cause see no difference in my phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 08:20 PM
    Having the same issue. Now I actually have 2 app center icons in my running programs. Neither of them open.
    11-28-08 11:26 PM
    I have the same issue. I noticed it last night. Anyone have an idea on how to get it off. Also what should be the default of apps listed.
    12-04-08 08:26 AM
    I have the same issue. Just a bug, I guess.

The phone isn't without glitches for certain. I had to do a battery pull this morning to get options to work off main menu so I could reset wallpaper.

But I really love the phone and think it's great and I know they'll fix the glitches.
    12-04-08 08:35 AM
    Open the App Center, hit the BB key, and uncheck search for updates automatically, or whatever it's called. That will prevent it from staying open. You might have to do a restart to get it to close, but after that it won't stay open.
    12-04-08 08:52 AM
    thanks for the info, it worked. I pulled the battery when i shut down the phone just to be safe.
    12-04-08 09:23 AM
    I have the same issue. I noticed it last night. Anyone have an idea on how to get it off. Also what should be the default of apps listed.
    Mine is doing the same thing. I tried what the previous poster said and it didn't work. Maybe if I do a battery pull.

The default apps that should come up when you hold down the BB key are

Phone
    BB Messenger
    Home
    Browser
    and
    Open the App Center, hit the BB key, and uncheck search for updates automatically, or whatever it's called. That will prevent it from staying open. You might have to do a restart to get it to close, but after that it won't stay open.
    good info thanks...worked like a charm. had to do the battery pull to get it to dissapear.
    my app memory went from 33mb free to 44mb free...awesome, thanks!
    12-04-08 10:51 AM
    worked great, thanks!
    12-04-08 11:03 AM
    This started for me yesterday after I went to .76 but the above fix worked for me after a battery removal.
    Last edited by MoeDaddy; 12-06-08 at 01:36 PM.
    12-06-08 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD