I love the videos4blackberry site , and now can download directly to my device! Anyone else find this working for them?!

Any other content you might reccomend?

Good hunting!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-08 08:19 PM
    The new opera mini is great for downloadunh files. I've gotten an 8.4 megabyte file so far. Looking for a bigger one to try to dl.

Dm

05-17-08 09:02 PM
    Please be careful when using this feature. The default location is the device memory, not the card, I got in a bit of trouble when I downloaded a podcast to my pearl. Bad, very bad.

05-17-08 09:07 PM
    Please be careful when using this feature. The default location is the device memory, not the card, I got in a bit of trouble when I downloaded a podcast to my pearl. Bad, very bad.

Could you please tell me how to change the download location to the memory card? Thanks
    05-17-08 10:28 PM
    what version of opera are you using? i tried downloading an mp3 and it said it had to invoke bb browser to download it and of course it said the file was too big (6.6 mb, cutoff for bbbrowser is 5mb)
    05-17-08 11:05 PM
    When you click save, it will default to music or video, with a browse option, select browse and sdcard will be an option, select that, then video or music.
    IF you accidentally let it go to the default music or video it will go to your device memory, if it does you'll know quick..
    You have to use roxio in the dm to remove it off the berry itself..
    Been along time since I even opened media manager..

05-17-08 11:12 PM
    It's the newly released 4.1 version.

05-17-08 11:22 PM
    When you click save, it will default to music or video, with a browse option, select browse and sdcard will be an option, select that, then video or music.
    IF you accidentally let it go to the default music or video it will go to your device memory, if it does you'll know quick..
    You have to use roxio in the dm to remove it off the berry itself..
    Been along time since I even opened media manager..

When i click on a file to download, it always opens up the blackberry browser and I dont' get the option to save anything over 5mb i.e. an MP3.... I have 8130 with .81 os. Is there another updated version of opera mini that allows this that I don't have? I have the beta and 4.1 and neither allow me to download with the opera mini browser, it always invokes the opening of bb browser to download.
    Last edited by tom1l21; 05-17-08 at 11:31 PM.
    05-17-08 11:24 PM
    They released the full blown 4.1 late last week. Believe me, you can save a lot more now..
    I would also recommend deleting the beta before you DL the new 4.1, it'll save some confusion, because there isn't an overwrite.

05-17-08 11:31 PM
    Ahhh i got it, i had the beta 4.1 and the old 4.0........... now i'm all updated, sorry for being dumb
    05-17-08 11:31 PM
    No, dumb is watching in horror as your 22Meg of memory drops to 4Meg and your precious berry let's out a moan and locks up..

05-17-08 11:41 PM
    The new opera mini is great for downloadunh files. I've gotten an 8.4 megabyte file so far. Looking for a bigger one to try to dl.

Dm

I was able to get a 100+ meg file to start downloading but canceled it because i didn't want it. I also got a 16 meg mp3 to download, but couldn't get a 50 mb one... weird.
    05-18-08 01:06 AM
    Well it stopped working for me. At one point it would open a box and allow me to save in certain locations, but now when I try to download, I just get an error message. Guess I should have stayed with the 4.0 version and not the 4.1
    05-18-08 01:25 AM
    I haven't tried this yet, but will soon.

05-18-08 02:16 AM
    Weird thing is, on a couple of vids I've tried, it starts, then I get a failed to retrieve error, but the vid does dl and plays fine.

05-18-08 06:45 AM
    I'm on the Rogers $15 personal Email plan. When I try to download it invokes the BB Browser. I'm using version 4.1 - anyone else having this problem on the rogers $15 personal email plan?
    05-18-08 09:30 AM
    I'm on the Rogers $15 personal Email plan. When I try to download it invokes the BB Browser. I'm using version 4.1 - anyone else having this problem on the rogers $15 personal email plan?
    I have sprint power vision pack and I run into the same problem.
    05-18-08 02:13 PM
    Its a little tricky to get the downloads to work properly... If an opera menu appears just hit the back button once.
    ...usually files dL the first or second try.
    Only respond to menus in black.... Sorry about not mentioning how to get the dL to the sd card!

I have dL,d full episodes from the videos4blackberry site with no problem. That was 57MB.

05-19-08 08:09 AM
    I think I'm on the right track but I keep getting a message that says "error fetching file". Any suggestions?

Jason
    05-20-08 09:38 AM
    Now I got it to work but when I try to play it I get an "unsupported format" message. This is a video from videos4blackberry.
    05-20-08 09:42 AM
    Unsupported is a strange error? Verify the file size to ensure that it actually downloaded.

I get the error fetching file sometimes too. Just disregard it if you see the status bar at the bottom dl'ing the file.

05-20-08 10:30 AM
    Now I got it to work but when I try to play it I get an "unsupported format" message. This is a video from videos4blackberry.
    Unsupported is a strange error? Verify the file size to ensure that it actually downloaded.

I get the error fetching file sometimes too. Just disregard it if you see the status bar at the bottom dl'ing the file.

I'm getting the "Error Fetching File" and I can't get passed it. What can I do?
    08-03-08 12:05 AM
    It's the newly released 4.1 version.

i have version 4.1.11328 and it still tries to invoke the BB browser to download anything. what version do i need?
    08-06-08 02:11 AM
    I was able to get a 100+ meg file to start downloading but canceled it because i didn't want it. I also got a 16 meg mp3 to download, but couldn't get a 50 mb one... weird.
    WOOOOOOOOW!!!!

Thats awesome!
    I've been getting larger and larger files off of TinyTube: Mobile Video - Welcome! for the past few days. The biggest one being about 30 mb.

Dm
    08-06-08 08:00 AM
    Any help for those of us having the problem of opera insisting on invoking the BB browser for dowloads? If opera mini can dowload files larger than the size limit the BB browser has I want to be able to do that. However if the new version of the BB browser in 4.5 does not have the restriction this won't matter as much when that time comes.

08-07-08 10:48 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD