One of the things that annoys me the most about using the global inbox is that there are no separate notifications for each account. For example I have one account set up as my main email account, and one for reply notifications for forum threads. I really don't need any kind of notification for the forums, so I don't have them displayed in the Messages app. However, the new messages icon on the home screen keeps counting up when I get messages in my forum account. It also counts SMS messages.

I know that I can completely turn this new messages icon off, but it is useful. So has anyone developed an app that will take the roll of this icon and allow me to select which accounts activate it? I'd also like a separate icon of SMSs (short of separating the SMS MMS inbox from the main inbox)?

--thanks.
    03-16-10 03:55 PM
    Try a berrybuzz beta and see if that's what you are looking for. It replaces the alert functionality.

edit: Click HERE!!!!
    03-16-10 04:01 PM
    Try a berrybuzz beta and see if that's what you are looking for. It replaces the alert functionality.
    I have BuzzBerry, but it does something totally differently. I'm talking about the little envelope in the top bar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 04:02 PM
    I have BuzzBerry, but it does something totally differently. I'm talking about the little envelope in the top bar.

Ohh I see. For some reason I thought you meant the LED. I don't know of anything. Sorry.
    03-16-10 04:05 PM
    What OS do you have? The newer 5.0 ones have an option in the message folder, "inbox settings," that lets you choose what you want to see in the messages folder. I'm not sure that's what you want, it seems confusing what you want to do. If you don't need to be notified of the "reply notifications" then why have it come to your BB?
    03-16-10 04:40 PM
    What OS do you have? The newer 5.0 ones have an option in the message folder, "inbox settings," that lets you choose what you want to see in the messages folder. I'm not sure that's what you want, it seems confusing what you want to do. If you don't need to be notified of the "reply notifications" then why have it come to your BB?
    I have the account set to not show up in the messages app, but the little envelop icon still counts them and gets the * on it.
    03-16-10 04:58 PM
    If you have it selected to not show, it shouldn't show in the messages app. Are you sure the notification isn't from the email inbox?
    03-16-10 06:07 PM
    If you have it selected to not show, it shouldn't show in the messages app. Are you sure the notification isn't from the email inbox?
    That must be what's happening. So I guess the real question is; how do I turn off the notification (mini icon?) For that inbox?

03-18-10 02:06 PM
    Please help me understand what your trying to do, and why. It seems you have an email account on your BB that: you don't want in your main messages folder, the email folder you have is hidden, and you don't want any kind of notification from this email account? Is that all correct?

Can I ask why this email account is on your BB, if you don't want to see or be notified of it?
    03-18-10 02:46 PM
    BerryMail can automatically mark the e-mail as read (ie to get rid of the notification).
    03-18-10 04:03 PM
    BerryMail can automatically mark the e-mail as read (ie to get rid of the notification).
    Then it's marked as read and becomes lost in my inbox. I tend not to delete emails, so anything unread and unflagged is as good as gone.
    03-18-10 05:31 PM
    If it's unread there will be a notification for it. That's how Blackberry works. Please explain your situation better because no one really knows what you want. It seems that having this email on your BB is pointless?????
    03-18-10 06:00 PM
    From 4.6 on there's a facility for apps to add their own indicators up where that message counter is. Then there are API's to listen for new messages. So, what you want should at least be possible for someone to write if it's not done already. (An app that picks and chooses what to add to that counter as messages come in.) It might be tricky to figure out when to decrement it.
    03-18-10 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD