love it great job!
    02-09-09 03:14 PM
    Okay so I found the sound problem over at the blackberry support forums. I guess it's not possible to overlap sound clips. This really sucks, and I guess that's why the code wasn't working. I have to figure out a way to not cut off the other sound clips, but it wont be as responsive. I have to figure out how I'm going to do this now.

More Responsive = More sound clips cut off
    Less Responsive = Less sound clips cut off

=/
    Damn Java.
    02-09-09 03:16 PM
    Okay so I found the sound problem over at the blackberry support forums. I guess it's not possible to overlap sound clips. This really sucks, and I guess that's why the code wasn't working. I have to figure out a way to not cut off the other sound clips, but it wont be as responsive. I have to figure out how I'm going to do this now.

More Responsive = More sound clips cut off
    Less Responsive = Less sound clips cut off

=/
    1 step forward and 3 steps back :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 03:18 PM
    Damn Java.
    Well it's doable in java, it's a blackberry limitation. Actually from what I've gathered it's only a CDMA limitation with blackberry.
    02-09-09 03:18 PM
    Damn Java.
    Well it's doable in java, it's a blackberry limitation. Actually from what I've gathered it's only a CDMA limitation with blackberry.
    02-09-09 03:19 PM
    No, I can't do anything about the bugs in .75 I wish I could but there is no way around it =/.
    I have been sticking it out with .75 waiting for an official OS to come out but this might just push me to the dark side and install a leaked OS
    02-09-09 03:30 PM
    hey, any way you can share the source? I'm trying to get familiar with the BB environment, and have found little outside help other than the included samples, which are no fun... :-(
    02-09-09 03:30 PM
    Thank you for the app - and making it available free of charge/donation optional!
    02-09-09 03:49 PM
    so is it the same from 2 days ago or did u change it and put a new one im waiting till its fixed i cant wait to try it out even if i have to wear headphones
    02-09-09 04:29 PM
    Wireless and Mobile News' Blackberry Free App of the Day. You now belong to the same list as other applications such as Slacker, Tiltris, BeamReader, TwitterBerry, etc... I wish they would have also linked to this CB thread so that people know they can donate some $$ to you!

BlackBerry Storm Free App of the Day - Light Saber - WIRELESS AND MOBILE NEWS

Now if only VZW would hurry up and release the official OS update so that us poor .75 suckers can hear the sound without the headphones!
    02-09-09 04:42 PM
    Oops my lightsaber died when I click on it doesn't launch. The icon is red also

02-09-09 04:53 PM
    yea all i got was vibrations...
    02-09-09 05:27 PM
    yea all i got was vibrations...
    For those getting just vibrations, check your application permissions. That was my problem (I just allowed all)
    02-09-09 05:29 PM
    Hey man, love the app it's a lot of fun. I was curious. Could you put the version number in the file name that you're linking to? I downloaded it the other day but I know you've made some improvements since then. I just want to make sure I have the newest crispiest version... also is it possible to post what updates have been made to the versions in the OP so people can view and keep track to make sure the saber is up to date ?? thanks again man it's awesome
    02-09-09 05:49 PM
    Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?
    He's a spaceball, sir.
    02-09-09 06:15 PM
    I gave it like 1000 attempts, but I was unable to produce a seamless sounding app due to the No audio overlap problem. Phrehnck, however has created a pretty close to seamless audio stream. I talked to him via pm and I sent him over all the images I have. With his code / audio and my graphics I think you guys will be in for a real treat.
    02-09-09 06:37 PM
    I gave it like 1000 attempts, but I was unable to produce a seamless sounding app due to the No audio overlap problem. Phrehnck, however has created a pretty close to seamless audio stream. I talked to him via pm and I sent him over all the images I have. With his code / audio and my graphics I think you guys will be in for a real treat.
    You, my friend, are awesome... Thanks!
    02-09-09 06:41 PM
    Seems like they would be awesome combined

02-09-09 06:54 PM
    It's funny to see peoples faces when I fire this app up. Had a group clustered around my cube today.

Will the new version be on StormGround or will Phrehnck post it somewhere else?
    02-09-09 08:02 PM
    I can't wait for this one.

02-09-09 08:33 PM
    It's funny to see peoples faces when I fire this app up. Had a group clustered around my cube today.

Will the new version be on StormGround or will Phrehnck post it somewhere else?
    Another guy at work DL it also, it was kinda fun to screw with the boss and his iphone
    02-09-09 09:04 PM
    Since all the data has been givin to the other guy....
    Has anyone heard about and update for the other app
    02-09-09 09:33 PM
    I'd like to know as well!

02-09-09 09:40 PM
    I just showed this app to my wife, also a Storm owner. Her quote, lol.

"I'm sorry that my child shares DNA with you..."

02-09-09 09:49 PM
    I just showed this app to my wife, also a Storm owner. Her quote, lol.

"I'm sorry that my child shares DNA with you..."

Roflmfao

02-09-09 09:52 PM
742 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD