the other one is more sensitive and detects motion better, but this next update should make this one better. and the other one only shows a screen of colors and flashes between them all. i prefer this one over the other. just my opinion. both developers put a lot of hard work into each.
    02-08-09 01:33 PM
    the other one is more sensitive and detects motion better, but this next update should make this one better. and the other one only shows a screen of colors and flashes between them all. i prefer this one over the other. just my opinion. both developers put a lot of hard work into each.
    Yeah that is a smooth motion. That's what I'm going for with the update. I almost have it there, just working out the kinks.
    02-08-09 01:37 PM
    There's also another light saber app posted in the Storm 3rd party apps forums..check it out for somethin' different (both are great!)
    Yeah different is the right word for the other app. You can tell it is different just by looking at the homescreen icon for it. The other one detects the motion better but just flashes the screen and plays sounds with movement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 01:37 PM
    i was also wondering the other day if there are certain movements that cause certain sounds? i couldn't really find anything consistent, but i remember you saying that the code would be different every time you shook your phone. is there a specific movement that causes the clashing or the swooshing?
    02-08-09 01:40 PM
    Nice work dmglakewood!
    02-08-09 01:43 PM
    I have like 6 apps in the making.

My next app I'm going to release is more of a useful app rather then a useless one lol.

It's called "Search it" there is a search bar at the top of the screen where you type your search in. Then there will be websites on the bottom that you can swipe depending on what you're searching for. You can search google, yahoo, ebay, craigslist, wikipedia, dictionary etc all with the swipe of the screen.

Any for those who like useless apps more I have a few treats on the way too =X
    I've got a new icon for the saber and search app. Ill send them over when I'm on the laptop

02-08-09 01:49 PM
    There is a bad *** stun gun app for the iphone I would like to have. I'm a police officer and once you've been tased you will never forget that sound. It makes the phone vibrate and everything. Its funny to use on the guys at my department. I would like to respectfully request that.

02-08-09 01:49 PM
    i was also wondering the other day if there are certain movements that cause certain sounds? i couldn't really find anything consistent, but i remember you saying that the code would be different every time you shook your phone. is there a specific movement that causes the clashing or the swooshing?
    With the old version there really was no consistency. With this new version (which is almost complete) will be based on how hard you're swinging it and in what direction. soft swing to the left and right will play a swooshing noise. Hard swing to the left and right will make a clashing noise etc
    02-08-09 01:50 PM
    There is a bad *** stun gun app for the iphone I would like to have. I'm a police officer and once you've been tased you will never forget that sound. It makes the phone vibrate and everything. Its funny to use on the guys at my department. I would like to respectfully request that.

haha i showed the lighsaber app to some friends of mine at church this morning and this guy brought up that app. i thought it was clever and i would also like to see it on the storm
    02-08-09 01:51 PM
    With the old version there really was no consistency. With this new version (which is almost complete) will be based on how hard you're swinging it and in what direction. soft swing to the left and right will play a swooshing noise. Hard swing to the left and right will make a clashing noise etc
    hey thats awesome! very clever way to classify the motions
    02-08-09 01:51 PM
    Yeah it should be done by then. If you want to pm me your email I can send you an email when it's done.
    Hey DMG..

Is there anyway I can check out this application prior to activating my phone? I know about the OTA as well as JAR or JAD'ing it..

Let me know, this may as well take me over the edge to go and have it activated today and run run run from my Voyager..

I'm scared of the texting or lack or the full screen in case anyones wondering why I haven't done this as of yet.

Thanks!

02-08-09 02:00 PM
    Hey DMG..

Is there anyway I can check out this application prior to activating my phone? I know about the OTA as well as JAR or JAD'ing it..

Let me know, this may as well take me over the edge to go and have it activated today and run run run from my Voyager..

I'm scared of the texting or lack or the full screen in case anyones wondering why I haven't done this as of yet.

Thanks!

I can provide an alx file when I get the new version out. You can install an alx using digital manager.
    02-08-09 02:04 PM
    Do you have a website with a list of all your other apps/coming apps?
    02-08-09 02:14 PM
    Do you have a website with a list of all your other apps/coming apps?
    I do but I need to work on the app section a little bit more

Blackberry Storm Apps | StormGrounds.com

That's the page with all the apps, but soon I will have a section where it will have all the info on what the apps do/screen shots etc. After I finish this I will probably work on that.
    02-08-09 02:16 PM
    Yeah, I've read the few pages I missed. Everything is noted on this envelope next to me lol.

Don't feel bad ricoe I was hoping for a leak today too.

Also it's taking me a while to code this because the simulator that you test your apps on doesn't support the accelerometer. So I have to change the code, build it, upload it to my server, download it, reboot and then test the changes. All that takes like 10 minutes everytime I want to test a change =/

just a suggestion but use javaloader while ur debugging =D

u can put "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0\bin" in the %PATH% env variable then run:

javaloader -usb load lightsaber.jad

it should save you some time =D also, u can attach the debugger directly to the phone so you can System.out.println the accelorometer readings n stuff if you want.
    02-08-09 02:21 PM
    awsome app thanks a lot for creating. cant wait for update with sound out of speaker
    02-08-09 02:23 PM
    There's also another light saber app posted in the Storm 3rd party apps forums..check it out for somethin' different (both are great!)
    I looked and couldn't find the other one. Could you point me to it?
    02-08-09 02:27 PM
    just a suggestion but use javaloader while ur debugging =D

u can put "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0\bin" in the %PATH% env variable then run:

javaloader -usb load lightsaber.jad

it should save you some time =D also, u can attach the debugger directly to the phone so you can System.out.println the accelorometer readings n stuff if you want.
    Yeah, I thought about doing that but I'm running windows XP on a virtual machine. Blackberry JDE doesn't like windows vista for some reason =/. As for the accelerometer I had it printing the coordinates but for some reason their always so random. I'll have like x=-300 then x=-1000 using the same amount of force. I will try and slower the accelerometer wait time and see if that helps.

Thanks for your tips though much appreciated
    02-08-09 02:28 PM
    I can provide an alx file when I get the new version out. You can install an alx using digital manager.
    Sounds good man, You are appreciated!
    02-08-09 02:43 PM
    I looked and couldn't find the other one. Could you point me to it?
    Here you go:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/an...-app-p-154741/

02-08-09 02:44 PM
    haha i showed the lighsaber app to some friends of mine at church this morning and this guy brought up that app. i thought it was clever and i would also like to see it on the storm
    The ultimate dual of the fates. A lightsaber vs a stun gun while at church. I can just image the looks around you guys if you decided to battle it out during mass.

02-08-09 02:49 PM
    Yeah, I thought about doing that but I'm running windows XP on a virtual machine. Blackberry JDE doesn't like windows vista for some reason =/. As for the accelerometer I had it printing the coordinates but for some reason their always so random. I'll have like x=-300 then x=-1000 using the same amount of force. I will try and slower the accelerometer wait time and see if that helps.

Thanks for your tips though much appreciated
    yea it does seem kinda random but if u think about it its really not. for example, say you move the phone down then stop without going back up. the z will actually drop, cus of gravity, but youll notice that acceleration increases as you start to move then abruptly go the other way as your about to stop. thats cus your accelerating at first then there is an almost equal amount of deceleration as you come to rest. if you want to measure velocity though, you can integrate it by getting the last value then adding and dividing with the newest value.

as far as the little fluctuactions go, a mechanical window of about +-50 works for me. or you can also average out the current and last reading like
    xVal = (lastX+curX)>>2
    02-08-09 02:51 PM
    yea it does seem kinda random but if u think about it its really not. for example, say you move the phone down then stop without going back up. the z will actually drop, cus of gravity, but youll notice that acceleration increases as you start to move then abruptly go the other way as your about to stop. thats cus your accelerating at first then there is an almost equal amount of deceleration as you come to rest. if you want to measure velocity though, you can integrate it by getting the last value then adding and dividing with the newest value.

as far as the little fluctuactions go, a mechanical window of about +-50 works for me. or you can also average out the current and last reading like
    xVal = (lastX+curX)>>2
    Que? LOL

Good explanation, we nerds are cool =P

But the update just needs to be a little faster hahahahaha

02-08-09 02:54 PM

xVal = (lastX+curX)>>2
    Hmm I never thought about that. So you're using the the logged points rather then the raw data? I'm using the raw data which is the current point at that exact moment. I also have my wait set to 200 milliseconds.
    02-08-09 02:57 PM
    Its so funny to watch this section now.. Everyone is eagerly awaiting the ultimate applications final release... Hahaha...

And I'm still, STILL the only person here with the Storm, with all kinds of cool crap on it, that hasn't activated it as of yet because I'm so damn stubborn and really like my full keyboard.. Oh I so need to get off my arse and send the Voyager on its way...
    02-08-09 03:07 PM
742 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD